Mlb 15/4

After going 1-7 the past few days I really need to get back on track....

SportMLB
EventSeattle Mariners (Pineiro) @ Boston Red Sox (Wakefield)
SelectionBoston (Wakefield) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date15/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningRed Sox won a tight opening game and I expect them to get the offense going in this one today. Pineiro has been involved in a couple of high scoring matches so far this season, leaving his ERA at 5.4 after 13.1 innings and 9 runs. Wakefield hasn't fared too well either, giving up 8 runs in 9.2 innings for an ERA of 6.52. However, in his day game start, he gave up just 1 run in 6 innings. He generally fares better in day games which are more condusive (sp?) to his knuckleball. Red Sox have start the season well but after losing 2 to Toronto, I think they;ll be focused on taking this series and the sweep, so should come out firing today.

Re: Mlb 15/4

SportMLB
EventToronto Blue Jays (Burnett) @ Chicago White Sox (Buehrle)
SelectionOver 8.5
Strength10/10
Date15/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.01 (Back)
ReasoningThe bats went crazy yesterday with a 13-7 win for Toronto and I don't think this is a very good line (a lot of people expecting a low scoring game afterwards). Toronto made a lot of signings in the off season, and we have seen that they've created a very strong offense. They are 7-2-1 on the O/U so far and I can see this as another over. Another off season signing was Burnett, who makes his first start this season - can't be sure if he's 100% and might leave a lot of work for the bullpen to do. On the other side is Buehrle, who is usually very strong at home, and had a very good outing last time against Kansas. But the bullpen still has an ERA of 5.58 and 6.46 in there last 3, so he's going to have to last 7 or 8 innings. White Sox have shown some offensive power, and couple with what Toronto is bringing, I see this going over.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.