Golf Euro Tour - Volvo China Open

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Volvo China Open As stated in the 'Verizon' thread yesterday my 3 against the field are; Paul Casey, Nick Dougherty and Jose Manule Lara. Been reading about the new course here, designed by Nick Faldo and is thought not to be too much of a test for the best pro's, built mainly for the young Chinese who are taking to the game in numbers so expect another low scoring event with 4 rounds in the 60's probrably needed to win it. Nick Dougherty is 4/1 (PaddyPower) to be top GB player and i reckon at 1/4odds 1234, its s bet to nothing. If he cant finish in the top 4 against some very mediocre British players on a course his 'master and tutor' designed then i'm missing something. Playing consistant golf this year and hardly firing in that bad round he was well known for, we miss the threat of tournament fav Stenson in this market so seems a decent bet. Will have small EW bets on Casey and Lara outright as their value in the side markets dont appeal as much.

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Volvo China Open Quite a strong field for a change in Asia this week and Stenson is deservedly the favourite. I see some value down the betting in the form of Korea's Charlie Wi who's won the Malaysian Open this season albeit a 3 round tournament and tied 3rd in Singapore. He's got his stroke average below 70 this year showing an improvement in his game and bar Stenson this is wide open for me. Charlie Wi 1pt each way @ 41 expekt 1/4 odds 12345

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Volvo China Open Going with my favourite Swede again this week in the form of Jarmo Sandelin. Hes top 10'd on his last 2 tournaments when available at a bigger price than he is here today. Clearly his game is in form with those performances in Portugal and he can take that form here in China. He knows how to win on the tour having won 5 times before and as hes showing form again he can go and have another good week this week. Jarmo Sandelin 0.5 pts each way @ 81 bet365 1/4 odds 12345

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Volvo China Open

Tip Detail
SportGolf
EventChina Open 3 ball
SelectionH.Stenson to bt C.Wi & B Lane
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingOdds @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningStenson will want to make a good start after a poor show in the masters, this easy course will be to his liking and playing against out of form Lane and local hero Charlie Wi. Start time 5 am BST

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Volvo China Open

SportGolf
EventChina
SelectionR Fisher
Strength1/10
Date16/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 51.00 (Back) + 2pt place @ 11
ReasoningHe finished 4th in this event last year finishing just two shots back after a closing round of level par. Also this season he has come close at the Singapore masters and South Africa Open.
SportGolf
EventChina
SelectionWen-Teh Lu top 5 finish
Strength3/10
Date16/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetDirect @ 19.00 (Back)
ReasoningBeing Chinese will be used to the conditions and may have some knowledge of how the course is going to play. Won the Bankok Airways last year and had a top 5 finish at the TCL classic held in China just a few months ago.