** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bet the bank strategy

Ok this could be the shortest strategy in PL history. :lol What I'm going to do is start on 60 points as that's what I'm willing to bet per fortnight. I'm simply going to bet the entire amount of units I have in my New Zealand tab account on any event in the sporting world that I think has a very good chance of winning. Obviously there is no sure thing in betting so I'll look for the closest possible to a sure thing or at least an event that I have a very strong hunch on. I started this new strategy last week and within one week I'd paid off my credit card but then I left a little in my account to continue betting and Everton's draw with Sunderland cost me the remainder. So I'm starting afresh! I might not pick soccer games too often as the draw is always a big possibility and when you bet the whole bank you don't want draws to cost you. So basically I'm going to try and get as many consecutive winning bets as possible and I'll bet no matter what the odds are as long as I feel it has a worthwhile chance of winning. If I start to make some money I'll cash out at some stage. When that is I'll only know once I start. As I say...this could be a very quick strategy and I'll have to wait til the end of the fortnight before I start again so bare with me. The odds will be crap on the most part because the NZ tab is stingy with their odds and also they are faily limited as to what options they put up. Please no one give any suggestions as to what I should be betting on as it'll just distract and confuse me. :loon ;) Ok so starting bank 60 points. I'll come back soon with my first bet.

Re: Bet the bank strategy Ok first selection is Barcelona to win outright at 1.25. Saw many tempting tennis matches (Crabas over Sprem, Kuznetsova over Arvidson, Shaughnessy over Stosur, and even Peer over Safina) but decided to give them all a miss. Starting bank 60. To win 75. Early days. (i hope)

Re: Bet the bank strategy Ok I'm alive and kicking. Didn't want to crash out after one bet. That would be like not getting to a thousand on Who wants to be a Millionaire. :lol: So with the bank on 75 points I've selected a top of the table super 14 rugby match Crusaders v New South Wales. 1.20 Crusaders to win to win 90 points. Playing Friday night NZ time which is breakfast time Friday morning in England. Again sorely tempted to bet on Petrova, Craybas, and Kuznetsova but will let it go.

Re: Bet the bank strategy Ok the Crusaders win so the bank is crawling at a snails pace up to 90 units. I should be betting on the tennis because I'm getting them all right bar the Peer Safina game. So I've gone for a treble overnight including Leeds over Hull in a super league match. Nalbandian over Ancic 1.50 Petrova over Ruano-Pascual 1.12 Leeds over Hull 1.20 Total odds 2.016-1 to win 181.44

Re: Bet the bank strategy Thanks David. :cheers I'll be brave if my account gets a lot higher and I continue with this strategy. But as long as I keep picking events that stand out as clear winners I'll be fine. :ok Petrova and Leeds win. Disappointed that Nalbandian v Ancic was voided with Ancic pulling out (back troubles). Just as well as Nalbandian was going to kick his ass. ;) So by my calculations my bank is up to 120.96 units. A big day coming up with many events to choose. Drum roll please... :drums

Re: Bet the bank strategy Well my account says 121.50 units so that's where my bank stands at the moment. 4 games stand out today. 3 super 14 rugby games and 1 NRL rugby league game. Highlanders over the Force 1.08 Blues over the Stormers 1.14 Brumbies over the Cheetahs 1.11 Brisbane Broncos over Souths 1.14 All games are closer then the odds suggest but I think they'll all win anyway. Was tempted by Sydney Roosters to beat Cronulla Sharks but the Sharks are at home so I'll give it a miss. Odds calculate to 1.55 and stand to win 189.50 units.

Re: Bet the bank strategy Placing all your money everyday is pure gambling of course and it is maybe the most painful /and easy/ way to lose all your money. Your hope will increase every winnings day and it will be for nothing, because sooner or later you will make a losing bet. Isn't it painful?

Re: Bet the bank strategy :clap Well done so far Kiwi. Have you considered skimming off & banking the original stake so that you guarrantee not losing, then continue betting with the bookies money or even banking 89.25 pts (representing 33% profit) & continuing with the 100? Good luck!

Re: Bet the bank strategy Account now stands at 313 points. Thanks for your concern betfairbetting. You are absolutely correct of course. Sooner or later I will make a wrong bet. The trick will be pulling out at the right time. I have a target of getting to 2,000 points. To me a point is a dollar. I'm in two minds whether to stop at 1,000 (if I get there) and start again or just continue to 2,000. No I'm not getting my hopes up. If I lose I lose. It won't be painful at all as I'll have just lost $60 and I'm willing to lose that amount every fortnight with the opportunity to win something substantial. I regularly have a good run of consecutive bets but I usually start my bank with just $5-$10. It just takes too long and when I don't see progress I take more chances and fail. I'm not willing to bet a large amount of money when starting the bank and it works out that around $60 is ideal. I see progress even when I bet on small odds so that rules out the fustration I sometimes feel with slow progress. Also by betting the bank I'm not willing to bet on stupid events so it focusses me and makes me bet on less events in one go. Imo people always put an extra 1 or 2 bets on and it diminishes the good picks they have made with the other bets if those extra bets lose. My initial target for a weekend is to achieve odds of around 3-1. I'll pull out soon but not yet. Thanks Bedlam. :clap If I get to 500 then I'll bet all, minus the original 60 so I don't have to reinvest next fortnight, and if I get to 1,000 I'll probably withdraw something to make me happy. Between $100-$500. It all depends on if I'm feeling lucky. Cue Clint Eastwood. ;)

Re: Bet the bank strategy Cheers mate. Blues gave the Force a good thrashing. Was going to go halftime/fulltime at 1.15 but I've been burnt in the past with that option. Case in point Auckland v Nth Harbour a few seasons ago. Final score 50 odd to 6 to Auckland. Half time score 6-3 to Harbour! :lol Account goes to 332 units. Going for an overnight football/tennis treble. Man utd over Sunderland 1.10 Petrova over Castano 1.14 Henin-Hardenne over Safina 1.20 Odds in total of around 1.50 to win 500 units. :hope

Re: Bet the bank strategy Well after 15 consecutive bets I was looking good until the 16th. This is the reason I was not too keen on betting on football. The draws happen from time to time. Why does Sunderland decide to play some football now when it's too late? :eyes But oh well... I think this strategy still has potential but I have to be more careful what I bet on. Will give it another crack soon. Cheers all. :clap

Re: Bet the bank strategy Unlucky kiwi. I know its easy to sound wise after the event but iwould never have taken Man Utd at such a short price. Sunderland were all but down(if not down after Pompeys midweek draw) and we've seen funny things happen before in these scenarios. I remeber a few years back when Man City stormed the Championship and Stockport were already down and Stockport beat5 them in what looked a banker. Anyway, good luck with your next attempt.

Re: Bet the bank strategy Thanks guys. So Sunderland have finished my run twice. First up against Everton and now against Man utd. Yes 1.10 wasn't worth it and it was my selection of this match that was at fault. Obviously if the odds were higher I would have still taken the match and lost. Next time around I think I'll not be so conservative with my picks but will try to be even more selective.