South Africa v Australia 3rd Test

Graeme Smith the SA skipper will miss out here with a finger injury and although his form with the bat has been average at best I believe SA will miss his leadership on the field more. This is a dead match as Australia have already won the series 2-0 and SA look set to make a few changes to their demoralised squad. Ricky Ponting will want a 3-0 whitewash to go home to Australia with after their average showing in the ODI's earlier in the tour. Ponting himself is in prime form having become only the 2nd player to score test hundreds in both innings 3 times. SA have gone on to win this test on the last 2 visits from Australia after they'd lost the first 2 tests but they'll have to pick up their game somewhat to make an impact here. They have no answer to Shane Warne and seem to be struggling against newbie bowler Stuart Clark. Langer will be up for a good knock with this being his 100th test. Bets: Australia to win the test match 10pts @ 2.22 betfair Aus Top Batsmen - Langer 3pts @ 6.0 betfair SA Top Batsmen - Mark Boucher 2pts @ 11.5 betfair Test match end - Day 4 Evening 1pt @ 9.6 betfair

Re: South Africa v Australia 3rd Test I certainly agree about the Aussies winning this. SA will certainly miss Smith, and although SA will want to pull one back at home I just dont think they will do it, and 2.22 @ betfair seems like a good price I also quite like the look of De Villiers +0.5 over Gibbs @ 2 on betfair. Gibbs is a good batsmen, but De Villiers has done well opening, and Gibbs will once again be opening (I expect) with the loss of Smith. De Villiers out scored him in both innings of the last test, and this looks a good bet for him to do the same.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.