** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Le Volfoni - Weds 3.10 Taunton

Interesting to see this horse running over hurdles after running a very good race at Cheltenham before falling. It might be top weight but Liam Heard takes off 5lbs and its handicap mark is apparently 11lbs less than over fences. Some interesting and promising horses in the line up but Le Volfoni has some good form closely matched with the impressive Cheltenham winner Voy Por Ustedes and Foreman. Selection: 2pts Win Le Volfoni, 3.10 Taunton

Re: Le Volfoni - Weds 3.10 Taunton

Thanks for the info.

Backed it for a small amount on betfair @ 5.1 at . 20 mins later and its layable @ 4.5. 10% no risk profit in 20 mins, now that’s good tipping. :clap

Hope it wins for you. Thanks again

I am a betfair virgin at the moment and unfortunately still betting with the bookies (usually bet365). I usually do quite well but i'd do a hell of a lot better if I knew how to lay bets aswell as backing to win. Are there any sites that do a walk through and explain it clearly? As for anyone who backed Le Volfoni, I listened to the commentary but didn't see the race. Liam Heard seemed to settle it into about 4th but when they got 2 out it just dropped off and never had a chance of winning. I am wondering if Nicholls sent the horse to win or to get its confidence back after falling at Cheltenham, hence running it over hurdles. His other runner Nanga Parbat was second or third with Ruby Walsh on it. It will be interesting to read the race analysis once it's posted on the racing post site.

Re: Le Volfoni - Weds 3.10 Taunton It's quite easy once you get the hang of it mowgli 77 as long as your comfortable with decimal odds (which imo are easier anyway). I think theres a pretty good tutorial run through on betfair. Basically if you look at your standard horse race, you have the available to back prices and the amounts you can back at that price under the blue column. Conversley the lay prices and the amount you can lay are under the pink column (these are other people who want to back that horse at the said price). Taking a look at the current antepost prices for the national, if you wanted to back hedgehunter theres currently £653 available at 7.2 or 6.2/1 if you wanted to back him. If you look to the left of the blue column, theres further amounts available to back but at slightly worse prices. So if you wanted to have £1000 on hedgehunter, you could currently have £653 at 7.2 with the remaining £347 at 7.0. Now if you wanted to lay hedgehunter, you can currently do this for £125 at 7.6. Now lets say you wanted to lay hedgehunter to win yourself £200. You could lay him for £125 at 7.6, with the remaining £75 at 7.8. The only downside with laying, is that you have to have enough in your account to cover the possiblity of the horse winning. So if we wanting to lay hedgehunter for £200, we'd need: (£125*6.6) + (£75*6.8) =£1335 in our account. Hope this helps abit.

Re: Le Volfoni - Weds 3.10 Taunton Chala explains it very well. And as he says Betfair have a Demo which walks you through things. There is also a play site, fictional pts rather than your cash http://www.playbetfair.com/ But you'll learn best by diving in. Small stakes till you get the hang of it, min bet is £2 so you don't need a huge bank to have a bit of fun.

Re: Le Volfoni - Weds 3.10 Taunton Cheers for that, much appreciated. I was worried about laying a horse without realising the amount of money I could potentially lose if the horse wins. I hate backing short priced favourites and there are many occasions where I would be looking to lay the horse as I know many mug punters back the favourite no matter what but that's usually down your local bookies. You could saddle up a pit pony, make it favourite and people would still lump on because its favourite. There does seem to be much more value on Betfair and I aim to take my trade there as some of the prices offered by the main bookies are nothing short of scandalous. Not particularly related to horses but i'm also interested in unders and overs in football which is quite new to me. Where are the best sites for stats and how do you calculate a likely outcome. I had Man U and Lyon over 2.5 goals tonight and hence totally screwed up. :ok Thanks