Golf - Algarve Open

Re: Golf - Algarve Open Nick Dougherty is the player in form and at 12/1 is fair value to win it, but with the top GB market we lose the likes of Hansen, Fasth, Gonzalez, Lara and Schwartzel and still get 7/1 with 4 places paid. Looks decent value to me for a player who is going to win soon. N.Dougherty 7/1 E/W 1/4, 1234 Paddy Power. (Top GB/Ire) For my second bet i'm going for a player who plays well here every year and is coming into some form at the right time. JM Lara is 40/1 outright but once again the side market appeals. 12/1 to be top Euro Player with 4 places paid looks decent value. The market only includes players quoted with BetFred which are listed on the Sports Punter bet details so we have no nasty surprises by some unknown guy winning it! Jose Manuel Lara 12/1 E/W 1/4 1234 BetFred (Top Euro)

Re: Golf - Algarve Open Chapman from Racing post has gone for the following: Brian Davis, 2pts e-w 25-1 (general) Phil Price, 1pt e-w 80-1 (general) Bradley Dredge, 1pt 20-1 (general) Gary Orr, 0.75pt e-w 100-1 (Ladbrokes) Joakim Haeggman, 0.75pt e-w 80-1 (VC) I wish he would stop copying me ! :lol

Re: Golf - Algarve Open Not the strongest of fields as its the week before the Masters and the big guns are honing their skills in the Bell South on the PGA Tour. 3 selections for me this week, all at a nice price. Charl Schwartzel. Yep, backing him again. A favourite selection of mine, came good last season when I had him when he won the Dunhill Championship last year. He's had a solid if unspectacular start to 2006 and on his day is good enough to be a contender here. He's made every cut so far and had a good week last time out carding a -17 score to finish tied for 13th. Shows his game is in order and can go well this week. 1pt each way @ 29.0 expekt 1/4 odds 12345

Re: Golf - Algarve Open He won last week for the first time in ages and I know back to back wins are very rare but as I've said this isnt a strong field and he can have another good week in Portugal. Jean van de Velde had made every cut on the tour but just wasnt scoring high enough to figure. That was put right last week when he won in Madeira with some very consistent scoring. Hopefully he can carry on from that and he must be on a high and is a huge price here for me especially for a guy whos shown hes in form. 0.5pts each way @ 67.0 bet365 1/4 odds 12345

Re: Golf - Algarve Open Another guy who played well last week can go well again in Portugal this week and thats Swedens Jarmo Sandelin. As with my other picks here hes made every cut this year without threatening to win until last week when he led early on. Poor consistency has been his downfall but last week he put 3 good rounds together to record a top 10 finish. A sub 70 in his 3rd round would of put him very close but alas it wasnt to be but he can take heart from a good overall week and run a weak field again close. 0.5pts each way @ 126 bet365 1/4 odds 12345

Re: Golf - Algarve Open First event played in Europe this season. I will just have the 1 pick - Davis :

SportGolf
EventAlgarve
SelectionB Davis 1/4, 1-5 (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date02/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 26.00 (Back)
ReasoningHe finished t20th in the players championship last week, so in this weak field he has every chance. He has twice finished in the top 3 here and it is obviousely an event he enjoys given that he doesn't play too many events on the European Tour now as he focus more on the u.s.

Re: Golf - Algarve Open

Another guy who played well last week can go well again in Portugal this week and thats Swedens Jarmo Sandelin. As with my other picks here hes made every cut this year without threatening to win until last week when he led early on. Poor consistency has been his downfall but last week he put 3 good rounds together to record a top 10 finish. A sub 70 in his 3rd round would of put him very close but alas it wasnt to be but he can take heart from a good overall week and run a weak field again close. 0.5pts each way @ 126 bet365 1/4 odds 12345
Nice 5 under for his 1st round leaves him 3 behind Broadhurst. Quite happy with that, hopefully he can follow that up on Friday. Schwartzel & van de Velde just started their rounds now.:hope

Re: Golf - Algarve Open Needless to say I'm a bit nervous going into tomorrows final round here. Could be my biggest ever winner landed with Jarmo Sandelin having backed him at 126.0! I'd be happy with a place to be honest and Charl Schwartzel is well in contention too at 29.0. -13 R Gonzalez (Arg) -12 P Broadhurst (Eng) -11 J Sandelin (Swe), C Suneson (Spa), A Wall (Eng) -10 N Fasth (Swe), C Schwartzel (SA)

Re: Golf - Algarve Open

For my second bet i'm going for a player who plays well here every year and is coming into some form at the right time. JM Lara is 40/1 outright but once again the side market appeals. 12/1 to be top Euro Player with 4 places paid looks decent value. The market only includes players quoted with BetFred which are listed on the Sports Punter bet details so we have no nasty surprises by some unknown guy winning it! Jose Manuel Lara 12/1 E/W 1/4 1234 BetFred (Top Euro)
Lara finishes Top European by 2 shots;)