Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04

Tip Detail
SportIce Hockey
EventValerenga - Stavanger 1st period
SelectionStavanger
Strength5/10
Date27/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 5.15 (Back)
ReasoningI don't advise to put big money on that one but I just can't skip those huge odds on that one.I've been already writing that Valerenga is a strange club and they like to make surprises :)It's 3:0 in the final series and now Valerenga have two matches at home.So they need only one win from this two.Maybe it will be today but maybe it will be the next time.Who knows :) But the thing is that Valerenga is at least one level above Stavanger and they can win either of this two if they want.Even if they will be losing after 1st period they are capable of winning the match.Stavanger players will be for sure determined from the first minutes and they will be attacking Valerenga heavilly for sure.I'm sure that they want to win at least one match to not to lose 4:0.In the previous match it was 3:0 for Stavanger after 1st period but Valerenga managed to win the match after great battle.What is more in the 1st round of play-offs Valerenga was playing Comet.Even poorer team than Stavanger.When Valerenga was leading 3:1 in the series they were also playing last match at home and then they losed 1st period 1:2 and after that they won that match 5:4.And I can just say that Comet is really poor away.So as I said Valerenga likes to make surprises and they let me to earn some money on them.I hope for the same scenario as in Comet game :)With a bit of luck this bet can be soooo good :) But still those are play-offs and anything can happen so average stake.Good luck.
:drums If there will be still 100% ? :hope We'll see :dude

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 Nice write up Randall. I will back it with 3/10. Linköping face Frölunda in the 2nd semi-final today. My immediate thought is that they will take revenge for the 2-3 loss in the first game. They played well in that game and deserved more... However, I am still undecided for this one and will probably stay away (and if i put money on them it will be a small amount). GL to you Randall.. I will try to be back tomorrow with something interesting from the qual. to Elitserien :ok

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04

Nice write up Randall. I will back it with 3/10. Linköping face Frölunda in the 2nd semi-final today. My immediate thought is that they will take revenge for the 2-3 loss in the first game. They played well in that game and deserved more... However, I am still undecided for this one and will probably stay away (and if i put money on them it will be a small amount). GL to you Randall.. I will try to be back tomorrow with something interesting from the qual. to Elitserien :ok
In the end I placed a smallish bet, about 3/10 on Linköping @ 2.15 (GB).. Linköping - Frölunda FT 5-0 :) I regret that I didnt follow my gut instinct and made a fat preview on it, I listen to much on others and that made me doubt..

Tip Detail
SportIce Hockey
EventSonderjylland - Herning
SelectionHerning
Strength10/10
Date28/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningOne more time I'm on Herning and one more time I hope that they will bring me some money.They need to win this one to secure their place in final and I think they will do this as they for sure don't want to play seven games.They are much better team and they proved that by winning three previous games.During these games they conceded onnly 1 goal and scored 9.I believe that this series will end with that game.
Tip Detail
SportIce Hockey
EventBlues - Karpat
SelectionKarpat
Strength10/10
Date28/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningBest Finnish team is travelling to Blues.On Monday Blues managed to win 3:2 at Karpat.But I just can't believe in that score.In every game Blues should be demolished by Karpat.Karpat are giving 4 times more shots than Blues but they just can't score.They are without their first goalkeeper as he is injured but still they have much better team and they are main candidate for a championship.They should win this one and make it 3:1.
Let's hope for the best. :)

Best Finnish team is travelling to Blues.On Monday Blues managed to win 3:2 at Karpat.But I just can't believe in that score.In every game Blues should be demolished by Karpat.Karpat are giving 4 times more shots than Blues but they just can't score.They are without their first goalkeeper as he is injured but still they have much better team and they are main candidate for a championship.They should win this one and make it 3:1.
The thing their first choice goalie is missing might well prove fatal as the team usually lacks confidence, though. Just look @ Czech Liberec who are out after failing badly in the first round of the playoffs, also due to the fact their first choice goalie got injured in the very first match - and they went on to lose the series 1-4 to the weakest team in the playoffs. 2.00 is a pretty good price for this one, though;) best of luck, mate.

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 Finnish Sm-liiga Ilves-HPK 2 (ML) The best of 7 series is now 3-0 to HPK after beating Ilves 4-2 yesterday. Ilves was very bad in the first game, but the last two matches have been quite even. Ilves played their best game so far in the playoffs yesterday, being down 2-0 and coming back to 2-2 in the third perioid. HPK, although not having their best night, was still too strong for Ilves and managed to claim the victory with 2 goals in the last ten minutes. The fourth game is played tonight at Ilves home arena, where HPK won 2-1 in OT last saturday. Ilves played very well yesterday, but was still unable to win. This must have had a bad influence on their confidence. At the same time HPK can and probably will perform better today than yesterday. The fact that the fourth game is played already today is also better for HPK. HPK has also played much better PP and SH than Ilves and has won nearly 70% of the faceoffs in the series so far. Stakes 8/10 ML for HPK cause the last game in Tampere went to OT, and 6/10 HPK to win in regulation.

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 Thanks. I've had a terrible losing streak during the last few weeks, let's hope it ends today. BTW, I would stay away from the 3 other Sm-liiga quarterfinals. If Bäckström is back in net then I might consider betting on Kärpät. I also quess that Tappara will win in regulation, but it's not safe enough for me. Saipa-HIFK will be a close game again, so if you find a +1,5 handycap for either team it might be worth to consider.

The thing their first choice goalie is missing might well prove fatal as the team usually lacks confidence' date=' though. [/quote'] Yes, and especially in this case it's crucial, because missing goalie, Nicklas Bäckström, is probably the best goalie in the league. He played 51 games in regular season when number 2 goalie, Pietilä, played only 5 games. Yesterday goaltending was the primary reason why Blues stole the win. Kärpät won shots on goal 43-15 yesterday. In their first homegame Kärpät outshotted Blues 51-18, but when thay played at Blues home rink it was much closer 26-24.

Finnish Sm-liiga Ilves-HPK 2 (ML)
You have some very good points there and I think I might be with you on this bet. Seems like HPK is mentally stronger team at the moment. Games have been close, but HPK has done what has needed and scored at least one goal more than Ilves. Maybe Ilves was hungry after they reached 6th at regular season. 2,33 @ Centrebet @ regulation looks quite a good value. What values are you thinking with ML?

Saipa-HIFK will be a close game again' date=' so if you find a +1,5 handycap for either team it might be worth to consider.[/quote'] Saipa fighted very hard yesterday and was unfortunate not to win that game. If they are just able to keep up that spirit still today I think they will be strong. It will also be quite crucial if Malmivaara and Vihko are able to play for Saipa today?

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 Yeah and this shoooting statistic means only one thing.When Blues are playing at home they are playing more offensive hockey.And then this is much easier for Karpat to score goals.When they were playing away they won easilly 4:1 and even thought Backstrom played for only 9 minutes.Pietila played for whole 2nd and 3rd period and he kept a clean sheet and saved 20 shoots.When Blues are playing away they are focusing more on defending and then on scoring goals.In the first game they losed only in overtime 2:1 and then Backstrom played for the whole game.I don't think that Backstrom playing is crucial for this game.Pietila also knows how to save shoots.But I must agree that this will be very tought game for Karpat.But I still believe in their win.If they will win it will be 3:1 and then they have home game.Of course it can end with a surprise as in Liberec case but I think that Karpat is much stronger team than Liberec and Czech Ekstraliga is a bit unpredictable.If I'm not wrong last years champion Pardubice didn't even made it to the play-offs.It never was easy for Karpat to play against Blues but I think that they have much bigger chance to win away than at home :) We'll se.Good luck. :)

You have some very good points there and I think I might be with you on this bet. Seems like HPK is mentally stronger team at the moment. Games have been close, but HPK has done what has needed and scored at least one goal more than Ilves. Maybe Ilves was hungry after they reached 6th at regular season. 2,33 @ Centrebet @ regulation looks quite a good value. What values are you thinking with ML?
The highest offer I've found is 1.80 at Betandwin, and that seems good enough for me. Under 1.70 is too low imo. Vihko should be in the line-up tonight, but Malmivaara is probably missing. No info on Bäckström yet. He might be in the line-up as a back up since the third goalie of Kärpät has an important junior game tonight, but my quess is that "hoover"-Pietilä will start in net.

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 Bäckström will be in team today. What is little odd is that he's been named as 2nd goalie? But it wouldn't be the first time when teams announce fakerosters in playoffs. We'll see. Good luck Randall! :ok

it can end with a surprise as in Liberec case but I think that Karpat is much stronger team than Liberec and Czech Ekstraliga is a bit unpredictable.If I'm not wrong last years champion Pardubice didn't even made it to the play-offs.
It was an example and I don't think you can compare the leagues as such saying Karpat are stronger than Liberec as the other teams are also of different strength in either country. All in all, Liberec were clearly first and went into playoff brimming with confidence and Budejovice were last of the eight and were hoping for getting a lot of good luck. You're also right, Pardubice didn't even make it to the playoffs (just). BTW, will Tampa make it in NHL? It looks like this right now but didn't some weeks ago - again due to terrible goaltending which is a key on top levels worldwide these days.;)

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 Didnt get home until now (stupid work) and so its a late write up from me tonight.. Great discussion here btw, very nice to see.. :ok :ok Bofors - Södertälje Bofors are last in the table. They´re fighters who never give up, I give them that, but they cannot match the other teams offensive in any way. Theres an interesting situation in this game since Bofors won the first game in the qual.series against Södertälje after over time. Södertälje after that made a couple of bad games and then they switched coach. The new coach is the one that got laid off from Färjestad earlier on and he has really turned things around! After they switched they have made these results: 4-0 against Leksand 4-0 against Rögle 3-1 against Malmö All impressive results for sure.. I really expect nothing less than a hungry, angry Södertälje ready for revenge here! ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Rögle - Malmö This is a derby-like game since it takes place in the southernmost county of Sweden, namely Skåne. However, I don´t expect Malmö to lose a point here. They have lost two in the last four but to Skellefteå (which they have had big trouble with all winter) and to in-form team Södertälje. Since this is a derby I think that Malmö will really come out hungry and dont underestimate the opponents. Södertälje/Malmö double @ 2.15 5/10 gamebookers :hope

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 One more bet from the Bamse-man... Skellefteå - Leksand The home team have been really impressive in the series which can not be said about Leksand. They also have big internal problems these days which have been all over the media. Theyre talking about firing the coach, Curre Lundmark who has won Olympic gold and also the WC, and also some guy in the management said that "I could just aswell have hired 20 africans instead of these guys". If that doesnt give you bad self-esteem then what does? Skellefteå have had some bad luck in the last couple of years where they have been soooo close to going to Elitserien. This time they have a better chance than ever because of their performance. In the last four they have: 5-2 against Södertälje 4-3 against Malmö 4-0 against Bofors 3-0 against Rögle In Leksands last four they have 3 big losses and one win against the last placed team Bofors and that doesnt scare me off that bet. Lets hope that Skellefteå wont let their fanatic fans down this time! Skellefteå @ 1.75 centrebet :hope

Södertälje/Malmö double @ 2.15 gamebookers Skellefteå @ 1.75 centrebet
:nana:nana:nana:cow:cow:cow Bofors-Södertälje 2-3 :clap Rögle-Malmö 1-5:clap Skellefteå-Leksand 4-1:clap Oh happy day... Now onto my :beer

:nana:nana:nana:cow:cow:cow Bofors-Södertälje 2-3 :clap Rögle-Malmö 1-5:clap Skellefteå-Leksand 4-1:clap Oh happy day... Now onto my :beer
Excellent work Bamsie! :notworthy :clap Also all three finnish league games that was tipped/mentioned here went right as Kärpät, HPK and Saipa won their games. Good work as well guys. :clap

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 :clap Bamse.Yesterday Herning lose was a bit :wall for me but it would be too beautifull.For tomorrow I'm thinking about Usti nad Labem in Czech play-offs.It's 1.98 for home win.Nice odds.But I think that I will skip it and clear my mind for the rest of the month. :) If I will see something worth a shot I will let you know :tongue2 And one more thing.Budejovice yesterday.They are great.And their win against Liberec wasn't any misunderstanding :) They will give hard times to Slavia. :ok

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 First of all: Thanks guys for the kind words. Everyone in here is working hard right now and I think the quality here is just awesome right now. :clap Two bets for me tonight. Short analysis because face-off is just half an hour away.. Färjestad - HV71 1-1 in the series between these two after a narrow loss for Färjestad in the last game. In the first game in Karlstad Färjestad won easily 5-1. Färjestad looked OK during the other season but they werent great at all. But everyone that knows a bit of hockey here knows that Färjestad is a team for the play-offs and always do very well here. They easily knocked out MODO in the quarter finals and continue to impress everyone. This will be a hard series and there will most probably be a 7th game since I think the teams will win their home games. Färjestad @ 2.15 Pinnacle :hope

Re: Euro hockey 27.03 - 02.04 Frölunda - Linköping Small amount on this bet. Value is good though IMO. Linköping have been looking really intense lately and Frölunda havent really been at their best offensively. In the defense they still keep their stuff together but I still feel that Linköping have the upper hand. Lost narrowly after some bad luck in the first game (2-3) and then won easily at home 5-0. I think that Linköping is hotter right now and the pressure is actually on Frölunda here. Many options if you want to bet here.. X2, moneyline, and of course the outright win. Linköping @ 3.10 NB :hope

Färjestad @ 2.15 Linköping @ 3.10
Färjestad-HV71 FT 3-5 :( Frölunda-Linköping FT 1-2 :clap Färjestads loss surprised me but the Linköping win @ 3.10 still gave me some sweet sweet profit!! :gimme