Rio on the flat-2004

Guest whoneedsrio

Guest whoneedsrio

Normally I don't start my turf season until the Guineas meeting which is not for another two weeks. However I'm tempted in a little earlier this year by the excellent form of the John Gosden yard, a stable which I like to keep an eye on. I like the look of the filly Phantom Wind in the 3.15 at Newbury. She was well fancied on her debut at Nottingham last September but was left in the stalls & lost many lengths. Her only other run was at Newmarket in October when she won her maiden by 8 lengths. The bare form does not read up to much but the time was decent enough into a strong headwind & topspeed has her joint top rated. Her sire is the high class US 2yo winner Storm Cat (USA) & the dam Ryafan was also top class winning the group 1 Prix Marcel Boussac, the group 2 Nassau Stakes & grade 1 races in the States. She should have no trouble with todays 7f & a mile should be perfect for her. Unless the going becomes very soft she should also have no problems handling the ground. Conections seem quite bullish about her chances both for today & for the 1000 & she will have to go well today to figure at Newmarket. 4/1 for this afternoon seems a fair price & I have taken this with the Tote. Hoping for a good show today I've also had a small bet at 14/1 With Corals for the 1000 Guineas. Good luck for the season, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Rio on the flat-2004 Not a good start, the worst thing is mis-reading the price & taking 4's when the SP ends up 13/2. Now I remember why I don't bet before the Guineas meeting. W/R 0/1 P/L -1pt Rio.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.