Vegas Road Trip Report

msaban

Hello All Just got back from Vegas a few hours ago and thought it might be worth sharing a few thoughts with you as I know there are a few planned visits from forum members this year. I'll keep away from the boozing and keep to the poker related bits. We ( me and the wife ) stayed at the Luxor and got straight into the tounreys there $50 at lunch time, + $3 dealer fee, for 300 chips, I finished on the top table 2 out of 3, but the payout was top 3 each time, obviously full of tourists who you couldnt bet out of a hand i.e pair of 6s would stay in the hand with 3 overcards after the flop despite repeated rasing etc.I won a few quid on the $4/2 limit cash tables, but I wasnt there for the cash games, it was a fill in whilst waiting for the tourney They have single tables there also $62+$3 again starting chips 300, starts with 50/25 blinds 11 players, my wife won one of these, her pocket As took out my AK with high card K on the flop she won $350, however the prize pot should have been in excess of $700 - nope, top two payout 350/150 the house takes a massive cut. I wouldnt recommend playing there, very small card room, poor organisation etc etc. We next played excallibur, $35 buyin 300 chips, I came 11th out of 80-odd, I think it was top 7 payout.This tourney starts at 9am.Better than Luxor, mopre space, better organisation but in comparision with other places below average. Next was MGM Grand - nice card room - $65 buyin - 1500 chips -attracted quite a lot of people - 180 in the first I played, however most of them were alternates, I finished 27, payout out top 7 !!!! We eventually went downtown to Binions, wish I had gone here on day 1, best place I played 2pm is $60 - 1000 chips buyin with option of an extra $10 for extra 500 chips then option $40 rebuy for 100 chips - extremely well organised, excellent environment 8pm is $125 for 1500 chips option $25 for extra 500 chips with $50 buyin for another 1500 chips Both tourneys gets lots of interest. I finished in the last 3 tables both times, my wife finished top table twice taking a healthy profit In summary if you get the opportunity to go - then go, its an excellent party and poker town Cheers

Re: Vegas Road Trip Report

yes , never play against msaban's wife
Yeah she wants control of the pc now, due to having more vegas wins than me, thinks it puts her as number 1 in the house, I've got to plan another trip to get my title back !!!!

Re: Vegas Road Trip Report Fenners....you dont need to send her out of town....Ceasers will take her 4 hours ish to get round and then you have Macys and othe good shops across the road from the Wynn. God I hope they change the tune outside that mall Eminem over and over again. The discount mall is ok but nothing special Also the shops inside Aladdin/Planet Hollywood are worth a browse also.

Re: Vegas Road Trip Report Fenner, after winning a lot in vegas, we decided to go to the premium outlets in Primm...30 min drive ish Basically, in the MGM they have a desk which offers hourly bus returns for $15 and u can have as long as u like there, we only went for a few hours but i imagine the mrs could spend all day there With the bus fare, you get a discount coupon book too....with many 2 for 1 offers, and extra discounts..Polo Ralph Lauren was the best....most of the stuff inside was 50% off, but with the coupons we got a deal which was spend $150 get $30 off, spend $300 get $80 off.......so most of my wardrobe is ralph lauren at the moment haha

Re: Vegas Road Trip Report mrs fenners here, he's glasgow playin footie, not back til friday, been to vegas before, got the t-shirt, so for all you vegas virgins out there, i can find the shops myself, and why on earth do i want to go to a mall, when i can go to Hermes at the Bellagio, also i shall be in charge of the bank, so i'll be around the tables, whilst being waited on hand and foot with drinks. I work in a bank so i could plan Oceans 13, hell what a busy week i'll have.

Re: Vegas Road Trip Report

did Doyle have anything interesting to say?
it was a quick encounter, he was being handed a major wad of cash by somebody at the time before going into the high rollers section, I just said alright doyle and he just grinned and said hello. I would like to add that he told me I'd been looking good on the net, but that bit of fiction wont fool anyone It certainly added to the holday though - I was star struck - lol