Rugby League: Super League - Round 7

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 7 Aye , a poor Wigan team indeed , this has been coming for the last couple of seasons to be honest. Still a 20+ handicap ......Mmm , i think they could scrape home , i might have a look at the winning points margin.

Re: Hull v Saints I strongly disagree with you guys who are tipping Hull (+8). IMO Taking into account that Saints have an awful record at Hull holds very little weight with me - I believe that only the current form is relevant - not what happened 1,2,3 years ago etc. I also dont believe in 'bogey grounds'! If we base tonights bet on this game on current form only I personally think that the handicap should be at least 12. Saints were unstoppable last week against a good Bulls side and have a 100% record as you all know. Although they won at Wakefield last week Hull have been at best average this season. They have been beaten by a poor Harlequins side (at home) and thrashed by Warrington - who are themselves fifth bottom. For me, a maximum bet on Saints -8 has to be the bet of the weekend!!! Any thoughts guys.....?

Re: Hull v Saints

I strongly disagree with you guys who are tipping Hull (+8). IMO Taking into account that Saints have an awful record at Hull holds very little weight with me - I believe that only the current form is relevant - not what happened 1,2,3 years ago etc. I also dont believe in 'bogey grounds'! If we base tonights bet on this game on current form only I personally think that the handicap should be at least 12. Saints were unstoppable last week against a good Bulls side and have a 100% record as you all know. Although they won at Wakefield last week Hull have been at best average this season. They have been beaten by a poor Harlequins side (at home) and thrashed by Warrington - who are themselves fifth bottom. For me, a maximum bet on Saints -8 has to be the bet of the weekend!!! Any thoughts guys.....?
Hi Justinsheriff, As always, it's nice to see a new face on the RL thread ;) I personally think the value has to be on Hull tonight, yes they have had a few bad results but they have players returning from injury and will really fancy their chances tonight, unlike you, I also believe in past results and bogey teams.....nothing much more I can add to be honest, gut feelings etc.... As I mentionned previously my only bet is Leeds -18pts, so good luck with your bet tonight and hope to see more of you on the RL threads in the future. ;)

Re: Hull v Saints

I strongly disagree with you guys who are tipping Hull (+8). IMO Taking into account that Saints have an awful record at Hull holds very little weight with me - I believe that only the current form is relevant - not what happened 1,2,3 years ago etc. I also dont believe in 'bogey grounds'! If we base tonights bet on this game on current form only I personally think that the handicap should be at least 12. Saints were unstoppable last week against a good Bulls side and have a 100% record as you all know. Although they won at Wakefield last week Hull have been at best average this season. They have been beaten by a poor Harlequins side (at home) and thrashed by Warrington - who are themselves fifth bottom. For me, a maximum bet on Saints -8 has to be the bet of the weekend!!! Any thoughts guys.....?
Agree totally with you , but then again my tipping record ain't the best.:sad I'm going to be backing Saints giving 8 @ evens with Stan James could have got -6 @ 4/5 with Hills. I just think that Saints have got too much for them all over the field and will also be backing Cunningham to score anytime @ 12/5 with Skybet as i think he's back to his best now.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 7 Im a Saints man and I dont fancy their chances in Hull tonight. As i've said we always seem to come a cropper there and our 100% run is due to end soon I believe. Paul Wellens will be missed tonight, just hope not too much! Should be a close match with Hull running Saints close for me. Hull +10 6/10 @ 1.72 ladbrokes

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 7 Bradford v Wigan I can only see the one result and a home win. Wigan have been bloody awful this season and rightly are near the foot of the table, only the Wildcats keep them off that. They're a shadow of their former self and ushc is their demise that Millwards had to recruit Tim Jonkers and Oliver Wilkes to boost his squad. Paul Deacon misses for the Bulls but Iestyn Harris' injury was not as worse as feared from last weeks mauling at the Saints and he plays tonight. Wigans poor showing at Castleford last week wher ethey got humped in the 2nd half hasnt given me any doubts about a Bulls win. Bradford Bulls -16 8/10 @ 1.9 expekt

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 7

Im a Saints man and I dont fancy their chances in Hull tonight. As i've said we always seem to come a cropper there and our 100% run is due to end soon I believe. Paul Wellens will be missed tonight, just hope not too much! Should be a close match with Hull running Saints close for me. Hull +10 6/10 @ 1.72 ladbrokes
I share that opinion Dave and have taken the +10 too, also had a few quid on Hull to win as well as they like nothing more than to see off the big guns at the KFC. No bets for me in the other game. Too many injuries to factor in!

No bets for me in the other game. Too many injuries to factor in!
Hi Kev, how do you rate Quins chances this weekend.....? Am I brainwashing myself thinking that it will be a landslide victory to the Rhinos.......?

Hi Kev' date=' how do you rate Quins chances this weekend.....? Am I brainwashing myself thinking that it will be a landslide victory to the Rhinos.......?[/quote'] It's tricky mate. You hit the nail on the head with our injuries, they are bad but don't forget it was no worse 3 weeks ago and we went to Hull and won. Personally I think the handicap is too big for 2 reasons. 1) Teams raise their game for the cameras and we are no different and 2) After last weeks debacle we're a wounded animal. Tony Rea admitted he was embarassed by our performance last week and you can be assured they'll have had a rocket up their arse and will perform much better this week. The last time Rea publicly criticised them was after the Saints game and the following week we went to Bradford and got a draw. Yes Leeds will probably have too much for us with our injuries but will they cover 18pts? I'm not so sure. Personally I'll have +22 on the Quins all week long.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 7 I'm glad it's not just us Quins fans that Karl Kirkpatrick has p*ssed off! Whilst he wasn't the reason we lost last week he was piss poor and it seems he hasn't got any better in the course of the week!

Saints 24-0 up! Never saw that coming!
I'm going to be backing Saints giving 8 @ evens with Stan James could have got -6 @ 4/5 with Hills. I just think that Saints have got too much for them all over the field
I did :nana

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 7 Just seems one of those games Dave where everything is going right for Saints, ok Hull havent been at their best (unlike them, very poor defence), Saint's attack has totally stepped up a gear.....thats my view of it...

I'm not watching' date=' are Saints that good tonight or are Hull just awful? (Stuck at work!)[/quote'] Hull had a good 1st 7 or 8 minutes but have been shocking since then. Saints are playing there normal expansive game but Hull are falling off tackles like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not watching' date=' are Saints that good tonight or are Hull just awful? (Stuck at work!)[/quote'] Hull just keep dropping off tackles and Cunningham and Long have started to run the show. Hull can play better, but with players injured Brough / Dowes (i think) they will only struggle more in the 2nd half.

Hull had a good 1st 7 or 8 minutes but have been shocking since then. Saints are playing there normal expansive game but Hull are falling off tackles like there's no tomorrow.
Cheers for that kev, will watch the game on sky tomorrow.:ok