Looking for a Recommendation

Cloud

Hi All, At the moment I play predominantly on Pokerstars and PartyPoker. I play mainly STT's with a few MTT's thrown in. I much prefer STT's with timed levels (as opposed to number of hands per level), and I think the Pokerstars STT's tend to reward skillful play more than some other sites, due to the blind structure. So I'm looking for a site with a similar STT structure to Pokerstars, a good loyalty scheme (that apply to tournies - I never play cash) - but with some decent tournies that are playable in UK time. Any suggestions???

Re: Looking for a Recommendation Despite my complaints about Boss Media I favour them because they are predominatly Freezeout MTT's, and their tournaments are timed for UK/European players too. Level up is done on time too. I'm on Sporting Odds at the moment, but will be moving soon. Either to Virgin or Poker.co.uk. :ok

Re: Looking for a Recommendation I tend to play the sites that offer a good bonus, then If i do well on the sites I stick with them. Sporting odds is good, they gave a good bonus and there are alot of poor players. which makes it easier to win money. Start off with the 10 player stt. $5 dollars are very good. the better players play the higher stakes and the weaker players are conservative. Also Sporting odds have some good marketing with the freeroll for WSOP and champions league. Just joined noble poker too. they offer a good reward scheme, plus you can gain points to play in their MTT's.

Re: Looking for a Recommendation Agree with what you say on stars, but the problem is the players are way better there also. If it's slow blinds you're after I wouldn't recommend SO, their blinds aren't slow at all. Try paradise or the deepstack tourneys on prima.

Re: Looking for a Recommendation Guesswest, Regarding 'slow' blinds. How often do they/should they go up to be considered 'slow'? This $10 tourney has 12minute blinds which seems okay for the 159 players. Would you say 15 minutes or even more? (Sorry cloud for hijacking)

Re: Looking for a Recommendation err good question, I'm not sure. It's a case of how slow the clock is and also how deep the blinds are, so they could go up every 10 minutes intead of 12 but if you had 5000 starting chips.... I can't actually remember the exact structure at SO, and I fired them and uninstalled the software in a strop a month or two ago so I can't check, but I think it's like 1500 starting chips and 10/20, 15/30, 25/50...? If so I'd say either a 15 minute clock or 2500 starting chips is about when it'd start getting around the good slow clock end of online sngs...

Re: Looking for a Recommendation Cheers for the info guys/girls. What I like about Pokerstars is that the blind structure doesn't go too mad later on in a STT. By level 7 on a pokerstars STT the blinds are 100/200 with an ante of 25 - the same level on sportingodds you're looking at blinds of 300/600 (on both you start with 1500 chips). So, when you get down to 2 or 3 handed, on Pokerstars you can tend to play the game as you want, but on some other sites your play is almost completely dictated by position/blinds. And oh yeah, I'm showing good profits on pokerstars, but barely breaking even on other sites - so that's why I'm looking for a similar type site.