PL Heads Up Ladder Tourney

GaF

PL Heads Up Ladder Tourney  

1. 1.

• Yes - I am available for the full 2 hours
    • No - I cannot commit to the full 2 hours this time

468x60_22.gif Sign up HERE!!!! Ok - we all know that Heads Up is a very different game, and when I get to that situation I always wish to have had more practice ....... so I've been thinking of getting a heads up "ladder" running on PL for a while (since the hugely successful comp organised by Big Andy) .... so lets get started........we will have a "Heads Up" session between 18:30 GMT and 20:30 GMT tonight. You need to be available for the whole of this session to participate (session days and times will vary - so if you can't make this one, you can still participate in the future!!!!) We will use Prima Private Room STT's (5 seat, but launch when 2 players are sat down!!). Buy in will be the minimum (this isn't about the money!! But prestige and improving HU skills) I'm not sure exactly how it will work, so we will have to play it by ear and "wing it" a little ...... to start off with anyway....... The vision I have is however something like ........ You will be grouped with people around you - so you should be playing with people of around the same ability as you. All players in a group will play one another and Top player in the group will swap places with the player at the bottom of the group above..... Groups will be 4 people (meaning 3 games per session) - if there are odd numbers, then the groups from the top will be reduced to 3 people (meaning 2 games) until there are no "odd numbers So for example, if the leaderboard is: Player A Player B Player C Player D Player E Player F Player G Player H Player I Player J Player K Player L Player M Player N Player O Player P Player Q 17 Players Group 1 Players A-C (3 Players) Group 2 Players D-F (3 Players) Group 3 Players G-I (3 Players) Group 4 Players J-M (4 Players) Group 5 Players N-Q (4 Players) However for the first session tonight we will not use groups ...... but "percentage winnings" to try and get a rough leaderboard in place from just a few games. So first game will be random (alphabetical order) - 2nd game will be organised by alphabetical order amongst those who won their first game and alphabetical order amongst those who lost their first game ......etc I am hoping that in 2 hours tonight, we will manage 3 or 4 games......(Tonight next games won't be able to start until all of the previous games have completed ......however, when we get to "groups" then groups will be able to manage their timing independently!!) Registration will close STRICTLY at 18:15 (to allow me time to prepare match ups). I will make no exceptions as I need to try and sort it out as I am going - when this is "established" however I will try and be more flexible!! If you can participate tonight between 18:30 and 20:30 please sign into the poll in this thread by 18:15 (when I will close the poll) Everyone should create their own Prima Private Room - the first name ("home") player in each match up will host the game. Please call your room PuntersLoungeUsername (replacing "Username" with your Punters Lounge Alias) and use the password "PuntersHU" You MAY have problems with your username - for example I cannot create PuntersLoungeGotaFancy because "Fan" is a banned word on Prima!! So have had to do PuntersLoungeGaF - so you may need to experiment a bit if you cant do your room.... To set up a PrivateRoom (EVERYONE should do this before the session starts - once it's set up - it's there for future sessions)...... In your Prima Software, click Menu / Manage Private Tables Click "Create Table" Select "Sit and Go Tournament" Game "Texas Holdem" Limit "no limit" Maximum Number of Players "5" Click Next Table Buy In + Fee "$0.25 + $0.05" Tournament Prize "1=100%" Click Next Table Name and Password as described above Click Next Click Create Click Show When you and your opponent are sat at your table, you will have to manually launch the game by clicking the "Start Now" button on this screen (which you can get to at any time by clicking "Menu / Manage Private Tables") This night seem a bit of a "mess" - but trust me, I have a clear "vision" in my head ;) If you don't yet have a Prima site, then I understand that signing up with Crazy Poker gets you a "no questions asked" $10 credited to your account (I know others do this too and will "rotate" the banner). Just for clarity - you can use ANY Prima site and it does not have to be Crazy Poker. 468x60_22.gif Sign up HERE!!!!

Re: PL Heads Up Ladder Tourney good idea, i have been trying to brush up on my heads-up play recently, having made it to plenty of MTT final tables but not actually winning one yet, it's about time i made the final step.STT HU not really been a problem though. unfortunately i'm playing football tonight, but would be interested in future ones.

Re: PL Heads Up Ladder Tourney

Def in for this' date=' any idea how regular so i can diary it mate? :ok[/quote'] Once it settles down - thinking maybe once a week (but not same day/time - to give everyone a chance) In trying to get it off the ground - may do it slighly more to start off with...... Looks like it's going to be fairly small tonight - but that doesn't matter - I didn't give a lot of notice - and we have to start somewhere - I am sure numbers will grow as this starts to take off and people see how it works (and if I give more notice ;)) - we can have a fairly "cosy" tournament tonight - should still be fun......

Re: PL Heads Up Ladder Tourney Ok - 8 of us - nice number - the poll is now closed - no more space!!! I see 4 of the 8 rooms are created (Myself Gazza Morlspin and Slapdash) - would the other 4 of you get your rooms sorted please!! Game order will be up shortly (in a fresh thread) - please post your results there as soon as you are finished :ok (then wait till the next game is published (may be some short waits I'm afraid)

Re: PL Heads Up Ladder Tourney Room must be named correclty or noone will find it!!! Sit n Go's are there all the time - there's no "time" and they will stay there after a game is complete ....... so you only need create the room once and it's always there :ok