Tropical Poker

guesswest

Remember them? I know some people here played their sng freerolls a while back. Anyway they go live today at 8pm UK time. 10% of your balance will be available as cash and the remaining 90% goes into your bonus account to be released by playthrough, no word yet on what the requirements are to clear the bonus or whether a deposit is required.

Re: Tropical Poker

10% of your balance will be available as cash and the remaining 90% goes into your bonus account to be released by playthrough' date=' no word yet on what the requirements are to clear the bonus or whether a deposit is required.[/quote'] Outragous!!! The promise as I recall was that it was all available as cash when they launched!!!! Seemed too good to be true and I stopped playing there as I was highly suspicious ....... this makes it look even more suspicious to me!!!!

Re: Tropical Poker Well, I can't remember the exact wording, but my impression at the time from what they had written on the site was that there'd be a playthrough requirement on winnings. I remember the language was a bit vague... I got $90 just from playing those freerolls on and off for two nights - if I'd spent a week or two at it it'd be a four figure sum easy, so it's not that bad considering. I think everyone stopped playing there because it looked too good to be true, but my worry was that they wouldn't pay at all, not that there'd be a playthrough attached, I always assumed the latter - wish I'd kept playing there now! I guess they ran the freerolls so that they'd have traffic on the real money tables when they opened, so the test of how good a deal it is will be what the requirements are. I remember years ago some other site that's now dead (paradise city?) did the same kinda thing, and the release requirements took the form of 100% rakeback - so they were making no profit, but it meant they had traffic on their tables when they opened. If they do something really easy to clear like that I have no prob with it. If it's a typical like 20% rakeback bonus type deal, then I agree it's a bit cheeky.

Re: Tropical Poker Right, here's what happened as best I can piece togethe from various other forums :D They were going to do the 10% with 90% in bonus account, which is also what displayed in the cashier section yesterday after the software upgrade, but changed it - either due to a lot of people being pissed off, or because a lot of people had enough just to withdraw and not bother playing anymore. Instead they're making everyone's balance available in full, but you have to accumulate 100 tropical points for every $10 you want to withdraw. It appears you can withdraw your full balance, but if you try to without accumulating enough points it'll get rejected. And if your balance displays as zero, you probably don't have real money enabled, turn it on in the account page and reboot the software.

Re: Tropical Poker Well I have $5.28 in my account there, may play a couple of sit and goes but as they are $2 +.50 when most sites charge $2 +.20 I do not think I will stay there. They have a $250 freeroll starting in 30 minutes with 324 registered at the moment if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...

Re: Tropical Poker Had $12 in Tropical (from the money for nothing days) and was treating it as non real lost money due to the difficulties in getting enough points to make it withdrawable. So, for a laff, went and played on 0.25/0.50 no limit table (note: theres very few people playing on Tropical so finding a table might not be easy - 9pm UK time and it had ONLY 1 table of 10 going!!! ). Anyway a few hands later I had $45 and was able to withdrew (fairly simply and with no hassle - so that has to be a plus point) $33 to Neteller. :ok So my advice is if anyone does have a few remaining non-cashable dollars in Tropical then go and try and multiply it and make some profit. Have still (of course) got 12 dollars in Tropical (think I've earned about 7 points so far)l, so am going to try for a few repeats - now that I've proved (to myself) that you can get money out of it successfully then I'm much more inclined to play there - especially as the standard of play from the few players I've seen there looks profitable.

Re: Tropical Poker Been playing the cash games on their for a bit now(if you can find enough players on there).Had accumulated $600 dollars in beta testing comps and playing the .25 .50 tables have now turned it into $800.The standard of play is poor as hell. They do have some Multi-table tourneys with value added and a few freerolls but with all the tournys seeming to start at 2AM you have to be a real nite owl to play them.

• 1 month later...

Re: Tropical Poker Just wondered whether anyone is interested in an update? I had about $20 dollars in my account from the freerolls (which were immensely boring due to the number of people sat out). Well i decided that i would see what i could turn this free cash into, by playing basically what was available, my balance currently stands at the $50 mark, so nothing spectacular. The software isn't the best, but have never had any connection problems or owt. The major problem is lack of players - STT's take ages to fill up (currently 6 players registered for STT's!), there is currently no one at any any of the cash tables. There might be a US bias, but surely they aren;t all at work!! The only tournaments that get any players are the freerolls - although most i have seen is around the 150 mark - even the ones for the WSOP. I really cannot see a future in this site. Any one had any experience of how you would extract monies owed if they were to fold?

Re: Tropical Poker Just had this email through from them - if numbers are limited, could be some value :ok

Daily Guaranteed Tournaments are now at Tropical Poker!

Want to boost your bankroll? Chip in $1.50 and try your hand at one of our three daily guaranteed tournaments. With up to $200 in guaranteed prize pool money and no minimum number of required players, these tournaments give you several chances to grow your bankroll fast! Register now and win big at Tropical Poker.