online poker site recommendations please

Sam Rothstein

hi all I am new to this site and have just seen this poker forum which looks full of good threads and information!! I have tried a few different online sites but just can't find one that i want to keep going back to. :wall Can someone please point me in the direction of a good site. Any feedback would be appreciated. cheers

Re: online poker site recommendations please :welcome to the Lounge Sam What are you looking for in a site and what kind of games do you play? I think this will be important in what we propose to you. Most sites are actually just "skins" for one of the main networks - so if you want to try something different, you should try a different network and not just another "skin" on the same network. Off the top of my head, the main networks I can think of are Prima, Tribeca, Pokerroom, B2B, Boss Media, Cryptologic ..... any big ones missing anyone? The rooms I can think of that aren't part of bigger networks are Party, Pacific, Absolute, Poker4Ever, Ladbrokes (same software as Prima, but not Prima network), Poker Stars .....

Re: online poker site recommendations please i play either stt's or mtt's with around a $10 buyin. The sites i have tried are paddy power (complete joke) betfair and ultimatebet. I am just looking for a site that is a decent standard without as many of the idiot brigade kicking around. and thanks pocket lady i will check out the list

Re: online poker site recommendations please

i play either stt's or mtt's with around a $10 buyin. The sites i have tried are paddy power (complete joke) betfair and ultimatebet. I am just looking for a site that is a decent standard without as many of the idiot brigade kicking around. and thanks pocket lady i will check out the list
:welcome sam .if you find one tell us where it is:rollin :rollin :rollin . only jokeing if you want a good challenge for low bucks try the sporting odds pl league games only 1 dollar entry ,but you will probably enjoy the game as nearly the whole lounge play in it and as you can tell by the posts on the thread we are all pretty serious about it. anyway have a good look around at the diffrent threads and good luck:ok

Re: online poker site recommendations please The PL league game is a good standard for a $1 game - it also has a deep stack (2000 chips) and slow blinds ...... which benefit a more patient game......... The "Champions League" series they run is also great fun - there are a core of maybe 30 players who play most - but with a holiday to Vegas added for the winner, is a great competition :ok We MUST warn you however that SO do have quite a severe problem with large numbers of Hungarian Students, who do enjoy an....ahem.....aggressive approach if you play in freerolls (with multi-regged id's!!) The network (Boss Media) has had more than its fair share of technical problems as well, though with a bit of luck, the situation will improve following their upgrade yesterday ("teething" problems are continuing at the moment)

Re: online poker site recommendations please Thanks for the advice people I have just played my first stt on sporting odds and managed to win even though i entered wrong tournament (pl instead of nl).:ok :nana Hopefully I have now found a new site that i can return to again and again. Thanks again!!!