Antepost

Guest RacemanJack

Guest RacemanJack

Not sure about you, but a great deal of my betting is on the ante post market. The advantage of betting this way is that the races are obviously top class (and therefore all horses run to win) and you have more time to plan your betting strategy. Of course, I'd prefer to be a professional punter one day, but meantime my day job prevents me from following the action on a daily basis. The main ante post markets just now are 1000 and 2000 Guineas plus the Epson derby but next years Cheltenham also looks interesting. For a start, I intend building up a nice stake on Rhinestone Cowboy for the Champion Hurdle (surely must run this time) who looked the best hurdler this year by some distance. Obviously Hardy Eustace and Rooster Booster can't be ruled out (or maybe the aging Rooster can?) but the Cowboy looks a different class. Only real drawbacks are his absence this time around and the jockey, but at anything around 10/1 to 12/1 he appears good value. Regarding the 2000 Guineas and the Derby, did you see Salford City run the other day. Blew Milk it Mick away. Still ran green at the start (which is a bit of a worry) but his acceleration was tremendous. Must a have a great chance. If there's any interest in ante post I'll update this column but would also be interested in others opinions. Best of luck.

Guest RacemanJack

Ante Post Time Test (RFO) confirms Salford City's ggod run (taking into account ground conditions). Hills have him at 11/2 for the 2000 G. Snow Ridge could be worth an each way bet in the same race. Apparently Godolphin are going to take home racing seriously this year. Best of Luck.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.