Betfair Poker Grand Prix Final 16th March

Pocket Lady

GaF - is there any chance that you can put a reminder in the poker diary for this tourney. You won't find it on the website so i'd best tell you how I know about it. ;) Today at about 4.30 I had a phone call from Betfair. The Betfair Poker Grand Prix Final is on the 16th March at 8pm start time 27 players will be competing for the £5,000 prize pool. It is being held at the Weston in Aston near Hammersmith. Punters Lounge will be represented by the only female finalist................. :cow:cow ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cow:cow :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana I've been advised that I have travel and accomodation for myself and Mr V (and his pom poms!). OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:loon I think that this qualifies as my personal best (and it beats Mr V's.). :rollin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair Poker Grand Prix Final 16th March 18_1_36.gif - Me in London, talking to all the other poker widows........ :sad :sad :sad :sad Well done Mrs.:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy I could have grabbed a camera to capture P-Lady's face when she finished her phone call, but I was far too gob-smacked. It is enough to say that this has made her week? Year? Congratulations my sweetheart. 11_6_3v.gif

Re: Betfair Poker Grand Prix Final 16th March Wooooooooohooooooooooooooooo - Well done Sam :clap :clap :clap I was looking for this yesterday ...... cos I thought you had a great chance!!! So with Mr V the PL Champion and you in the Betfair live final, who's going to do the ironing? Hardly seems fair for either of you to do it!!! :loon

Re: Betfair Poker Grand Prix Final 16th March

Wooooooooohooooooooooooooooo - Well done Sam :clap :clap :clap I was looking for this yesterday ...... cos I thought you had a great chance!!! So with Mr V the PL Champion and you in the Betfair live final, who's going to do the ironing? Hardly seems fair for either of you to do it!!! :loon
Its on its way, mate.:ok I like my footy socks with nice crisp creases, thank you! :lol :lol :lol :lol How kind of you to offer! :ok

Re: Betfair Poker Grand Prix Final 16th March They must have got my phone number wrong. Oh well, never mind. Good luck PL, and bring back the money... you'll need it for when you lose to us mere mortals the following week. And, by the way, don't go calling anyone a muppet ;) - remember, you won't be on the internet and they (or should it be you) will be within arm reaching distance.

Guest gazza271

Re: Betfair Poker Grand Prix Final 16th March Really really pleased for you PL and good to hear you getting some live practice in. One question for Mr V, Are we going to get live text updates ?

No - he's got too much ironing to catch up on ;)
I turn my back for 5 minutes cos of my toothache, and this is what happens. :eyes :lol Railbirds are welcome. He he he. I'm a 'bird' :unsure :unsure We've had some info off Betfair which conflicts with the phone conversation. :\ Apparently P-Lady has tied with 13 others on 50pts, and if more than 6 of these turn up on the night (or say they will) a satellite to the final will take place.:eyes P-Lady will have to finish in the top 4 in this satellite to play in the final.

Apparently P-Lady has tied with 13 others on 50pts, and if more than 6 of these turn up on the night (or say they will) a satellite to the final will take place.:eyes P-Lady will have to finish in the top 4 in this satellite to play in the final.
Congratulations Sam :clap :clap Sorry I didn't spot this thread a few days ago :$ And so you win two tournaments on the same night - that WILL be a great achievement. Mr V, did they give you names and addresses of those tied on 50 points so that we can pay them a visit ? :loon (ps. if they start coming down with mysterious illnesses, that last bit was a joke :lol )

Re: Betfair Poker Grand Prix Final 16th March Hee Hee- Thanks guys - the phone call that I recieved from the Betfair rep. congratulated me for being the only female finalist and asked would I be attending and told to be there for 7pm, but on my email last night with the actual RSVP form attached -the information on there showed that I would be in a satellite where the top 4 would gain entry to the final and to be there at 6pm for the satellite. I've got my fingers crossed that the rep.had already spoken to everyone else before me and that she had had 7 replies of non attendance (as no mention of a satellite or 6pm) and therefore I would be automatically through.:hope Hope to see a few of you there - i'll make queries into railbirds/guests.;)