Taking Notes

sf13lade

Every site offers note taking, but what exactly do you note about players? Is it specific hands, is it trends (if so, over how many hands), etc. What constitutes effective and productive note-taking on other players? What exactly do you type in to that little box? I ask for two reasons -- 1) I'm interested to see what formats other people use; 2) I'm looking for a writer (or 3-5) to offer their theories and advice for a strategy article to run in Deal magazine. About Deal: It's published in the U.S. by Future. One issue was released last year, and I'm working on issue #2 now (I'm the publisher). It's high quality, and a professionally written, designed, and edited magazine. We have a very bare bones web site at www.dealmagazine.com that outlines what we had in the first issue. Any interested parties send me a PM and I'll get back to you with more details. Cheers.

Re: Taking Notes some dont, SO and related network has no note making features neither does pitbull poker(not surprising since its flash based) i put as much detail in my notes as is relevant to hands, bets, stacks cards position and play, anything that can accurately remind me how the player plays. dont count me for writing tho, i'm a computer scientist :p

Re: Taking Notes The only MTT's i play are usually freerolls so there isn't really much point in making notes as there are such big fields you don't see the same players that often............... As for cash games I never used to take notes as i mostly played on boss media sites (e.g. sporting odds) where there is no facility for taking notes. More recently i've been playing cash games on Ladbrokes and other Prima software sites. As i see a lot of the same names regularly i have started to take notes on players ................ generally i just put down any info i think will be useful .............. pre-flop raises ......... how much and with what cards ............what they will call 5*BB preflop raises with ......... AJ? suited connecters? low pp etc ..................... do they slow play hands, and what hands they slow play.................... what hands they check raise with ........will they call big raises or re-raises with a drawing hand? ................ what starting hands they play and in what position ..............basically any info that could help me see how an opponent plays .......................... i wouldn't make decisions on how to play a hand based solely on my notes, but they can help you confirm a decision