Steel City Challenge

GaF

Tonight at 8pm GMT, Poker Stars are hosting a Steel City Challenge Freeroll in the build up to this weekends Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd Derby. I know we have quite a Sheffield area contingent on here...... The prizes are 1 Signed Football Shirt, 2 Signed Football and 3. Pair of Match Tickets. The password is availble on the clubs official web sites...... 144 in so far :ok

Re: Steel City Challenge 281 runners in this one.... I busted out 6th.... Had about $74,000 in chips.... Get dealt Pocket Queens... Gentle raise from me.... Get put all in by player with Pocket Kings.... Flop is rags and a Queen....I am over the moon, until the turn is a King ! Naturally disappointed to get "so close and yet so far" but, having said that, and although I do say so myself, I played some damn fine Poker during the Steel City Challenge, twice coming back from almost certain elimination, with the second time being right down to just over $3,000 in chips... Dont know if any of them are PLers, but I must thank the other Reading FC Fans who kept encouraging me during the tourney, especially when I was the last Royals fan left in. Would have been easy for them just to log off once they were knocked out, but they gave me great backing for the near 3 hours I was in the tourney... Similiar thing happened in Wednesday's Reading FC Tourney, when my trip jacks got bested by trip Queens....