Call or Fold?

GaF

Call or Fold?  

1. 1.

• Call
    • Fold
    • I Dunno!!

I'm interested in other views on this hand..... My opponent hadn't long been at the table - but had already gone all in with small pots twice against me, which I folded (first time with QQ!!!!) - I'd decided that with anything remotely decent, I could call him!!!! However, here - the 3rd time - I had 7 high!!! but a draw. Now a draw, I had to play against him the same as anyone else - I didn't put him on anything, however, his nothing would have been better than my 7 high. At the time - my calculation for outs was an 8 or a 3, or a 6 or a 7. With hindsight, a 6 or a 7 was a bit ambitous to count as a full out, however I gave myself 14 outs with 2 cards to come - about 56% chance of hitting (:unsure) - I thought I had the pot odds to call - but just couldn't quite do it!!!!! Thinking now, I should probably have counted about 10 outs (???) - about 40% - I had to put $18.20 into a pot of $19.80 - so I didn't quite have the odds...... What do you think - good fold, or should I have taken him on? It doesn't look like there was a lot in it, so it probably comes down to factors other than Pot Odds.......

** Game ID 406123607 starting - 2006-01-17 22:29:05 ** Royal Star [Hold 'em] (0.10|0.20 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money - Nordenstraal sitting in seat 1 with $29.04 - Maxlinder sitting in seat 2 with $29.05 - busbybabes sitting in seat 3 with $56.80 - geosaces sitting in seat 4 with $4.23 [Dealer] - yurusan sitting in seat 5 with $20.00 [sitting out] - Telepe sitting in seat 6 with $18.70 - mineolapollo sitting in seat 7 with $21.48 - rosie_m sitting in seat 8 with $18.40 [sitting out] - Deacon83 sitting in seat 9 with $15.15 - eminem69 sitting in seat 10 with $15.62 Telepe posted the small blind - $0.10 mineolapollo posted the big blind - $0.20 ** Dealing card to Telepe: 6 of Clubs, 7 of Clubs Deacon83 folded eminem69 folded Nordenstraal called - $0.20 Maxlinder folded busbybabes folded geosaces called - $0.20 Telepe called - $0.20 mineolapollo checked ** Dealing the flop: 4 of Hearts, 5 of Spades, 2 of Spades Telepe bet - $0.40 mineolapollo went all-in - $21.48 Nordenstraal folded geosaces folded Telepe folded mineolapollo mucks: mineolapollo wins $22.60 from the main pot End of game 406123607

Re: Call or Fold? This would be a definite lay for me. You either barely have pot odds if you put him on nothing (quite unlikely imo however loose he is), or have slightly to largely negative pot odds if you put him on something. There's a flush draw there which could counterfeit several of your outs. But even if you knew all your outs were good it's so slim I just wouldn't bother unless you knew for sure your opponent would rebuy, the value in his dead money is just much greater in waiting to outplay him in more favourable situations.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.