Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 6.20 Lingfield Darfour (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds on favourite. At the best early price of 9/2 (Blue Square), we'd get 2.125 for the place, compared to a lay price of 1.60 on Betfair. The Betfair win price is higher at 5/1, but that's quite a big difference in place prices! I'm guessing to take SP, but it might well turn out better to take the 9/2.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Hi Slapdash My first post here. Firstly, congratulations on your success to date. Could you give me your opinion on Gower Song in 2.40 at Newmarket and Eisteddfod in 2.25 at Newbury. My understanding is that they both qualify? Thanks.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

Hi Slapdash My first post here. Firstly, congratulations on your success to date. Could you give me your opinion on Gower Song in 2.40 at Newmarket and Eisteddfod in 2.25 at Newbury. My understanding is that they both qualify? Thanks.
:welcome I would be cautious about Eisteddfod. Newmarket 2.40 was the first race I looked today and took Gower Song @17 but 14/1 should be still OK. Sindirana @13 seems alright too.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 How do EW doubles work? do both horses have to win the race to win the double, or if they are both played will they double the placed odds? cheers. I bloody hate it when they cut the odds just as your about to bet! those horses have gone down to 9/1 and 11/1 respectively on bet365

:welcome I would be cautious about Eisteddfod. Newmarket 2.40 was the first race I looked today and took Gower Song @17 but 14/1 should be still OK. Sindirana @13 seems alright too.
Ok, thanks SLH.

How do EW doubles work? do both horses have to win the race to win the double' date=' or if they are both played will they double the placed odds? cheers.[/quote'] An EW double is two bets: a win double (both have to win) and a place double (both have to be placed). The decimal odds are multiplied, so if you you have two horses at, say, 6.00 (2.00 for the place) and 8.00 (2.40 for the place), then you get odds of 48.00 (6 x 8) for the win double and 4.80 (2 x 2.4) for the place double.

You have another thread on this dont you? have you had better results using the double compared to this, im lagging behind you lot arent i lol If one wins and one places will they do 6 x 2.4?
Richards I would suggest you have a good read through both of Slapdash's threads in this section of the forum as all your questions would be answered.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 If one wins and one places will they do 6 x 2.4? if you mark your bet ED (equally divided) they will pay you 6x 2.4 but if both win you will get a lot less,the bookies do not like this betting method as most people will only get 1 winner in the bet and the save paying out on the win part of the bet

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Just a couple more this evening. Darfour has drifted in the Betfair place market, and wouldn't have been a selection at current prices. 7.50 Lingfield Opera Writer (9/4 Sporting Odds) 10 points EW. Each way system. The favourite is around even money. We're getting 1.45 for the place, compared to a lay price of 1.25 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price is also 9/4.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Ever Special, Darfour (at 7/2) and Opera Writer won, and the other two lost, for a 57.75 point profit. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 3450.87 Total Staked: 6260 W/P/L: 46/104/163 Profit/Loss: +2450.87 (Win +875.33, Place +1575.54) Yield: +39.15%

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Great stuff again Slapdash!!! I missed this evenings selections but was on todays and the EW doubles. I reckon the PL should organise a christmas do and make you guest of honour. Don't reckon you'd have to buy a drink all night. There must be loads here who now owe you a drink or two.:cheers:notworthy

Going to be away for a couple of days, so I'll probably next check for selections on Tuesday.
Did I just hear a collective sigh of relief from Mr Sporting Odds , Stan James Ladbrokes etc :rollin