ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Oh dear, looks like this could be another bad day:$ SRICHAPHAN v Gicquel @ 1.308 Pinnacle 8pts Have to like these odds of over 1.30 when most British books go 1.2-1.22. Srichaphan looks this place, the court is unique and plays really quickly which fits his style. You can see that from the 18-3 record he has in this tournament since 2000. Gicquel has had to come through qualifying and has played OK however this should be much too tough an ask for him. MONFILS v Tursunov @ 1.73 Pinnacle 4pts Well this should be a great match to watch. I saw Monfils yesterday against Moodie and he was impressive. I think he has improved the way he returns serve which should help him against another big server today. His explosive movement and power from the back were evident and he looked good. Tursunov on the other hand was taking a beating from Younes before he ran out of gas. I have to think that this one could, in part, go the way of the first half of the first set of that match and Monfils will be able to dominate off the ground and should create enough chances to break. DAVYDENKO v Volandri @ 1.19 Pinnacle 8pts Right, I opposed Volandri in the last round and that is because he is rubbish on hard courts. Two wins does not change that. I've seen both of Davydenkos matches thus far and have to say I have been impressed. He has all the movement and fight that we saw last year and is hitting the ball really well. Let us not forget it was this part of the year last year when Davydenko came to prominance - getting to the semis here and the quarters at the Australian Open.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Will Federer win 2-0 v Baghdatis? NO @ 5.03 Pinnacle 2pts This is a bit big I feel. Federer struggled a little against Santoro in a game which could have easily gone to 3 sets. Baghdatis I feel has the game to give him problems. His 'all action' style will be able to put Federer on the back foot quite a bit and give the young Cypriot chances. They have already played twice at Grand Slams; Federer winning 6-2 6-7 6-3 6-1 at the US in 2004 and 6-2 6-2 7-6 in the Aussie in 2005. Both times Baghdatis has been able to keep it tight for at least a potion of the match and now he is a much better player than a year ago. I don't think this bet should be any bigger than 3.50.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup What scandal are we witnessing here! :wall Has Puerta decided to dabble in rigged matches while seeing out his 8-year-ban? :rollin Won't be back till the Australian Open - obviously, motivation is still a very big problem for some people as we're pretty much carrying off from where we left off after the US Open last year in terms of predictability...

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Berdych V Kohlschreiber They have met 3 times with Berdych winning on all 3 occasions,last time out at the US Open 7-6 7-6 6-4 Berdych is starting to show signs of becoming a top 10 player and i fancy him to do very well this year. Short price of 1.20 but still gonna take it.Can't be any worse than Grosjean the other day and he was 1.16:lol

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup MURRAY v Berdych @ 2.17 Pinnacle 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts USA v Sweden @ 1.45 CentreBet 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts DJOKOVIC v Schukin @ 1.29 Pinnacle 8pts :D WON profit 2.32pts KARLOVIC v Carlsen @ 1.5 StanJames 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts MONFILS v Tursunov @ 1.73 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 2.92pts SRICHAPHAN v Gicquel @ 1.308 Pinnacle 8pts :D WON profit 2.464pts Will Federer win 2-0 v Baghdatis? NO @ 5.03 Pinnacle 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts W/L = 11/10 Staked = 86pts Profit = -9.132pts Yield = -10.62% Horrendous:puke

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup MULLER v Ljubicic @ 4.00 Pinnacle 2pts Mmm, not impressed with Ljubicic thus far. He has struggled in both of his matches against very weak opposition and looks a lot like the Ljubicic pre-2005. I'm going to give Muller a shot here as he has the type of explosive play that can produce big upsets (remember Roddick last year?). The surface here is very fast, which should suit both of these guys, and we must remember Ljubicic only went 14-9 last year on hard courts - in what must be a career year for him. Both guys had a great record in tiebreaks, Ljubicic going 27-17 overall and 12-7 on hard courts last year. Muller went 20-10 and 11-2 on hard courts. This one will be close and I feel an upset is coming. MOYA v Phau @ 1.333 Pinnacle 8pts Another chance to back Moya at a decent price. In the last round Gimelstob played a cracker, and Moya played well to come through but after a couple of tight matches I expect Moya to be strong and up his performance. Phau simply isn't in his calibre and has played very poor opposition. This is Moyas tournament, and Phau won't be able to stop him progressing. BERDYCH v Kohlschreiber @ 1.28 Centrebet 8pts Well this is the typical overreaction to a big win. How will Kohl react and will he be able to put in another performance? I'm going to say no. Berdych is the real deal and after doing well to get past Murray, he must be too strong here. Also Berdych leads the H2H 3-0. Adelaide Outright BERDYCH @ 3.25 Bet365 2pts I already have Hrbaty in the bottom half and the top half is wide open for Berdych to get through. This is a good opportunity to get some action in the top half - bet365 and Coral both have Hrbaty as favourite which I cannot agree with - Berdych should be a slight favourite IMO. Anyway, it leaves us with this nice price to take.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup PENNETTA v Hingis @ 2.75 William Hill 2pts PENNETTA to lose 1st set and win match @ 8.5 PaddyPower 1pt Oh Martina:tongue2 :tongue2. The comeback has been a success thus far as she has won 3 matches. However, they have become progressively difficult and in her last match she lost a set for the first time. Now the level of opposition goes up again Pennetta is a very strong player and has impressed so far especially with a 3 set win in the doubles. I think she has a great chance of knocking over Martina here. Also, I think Hingis could start to struggle a little physically. Having not played competitively for so long she must begin to struggle - also she is playing in the doubles so that's extra matches. I think there is a pretty good chance of her starting well and then falling away. Think the price on this happening is too large, but I'm going to half the stake as it is more of a complementary bet to the main one on Pennetta.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Well guys,, saw him play y'day against Jiri Vanek.Ivan gives you a feeling that he has ample stuff in reserve.He stays well back during a rally, moving the ball corner to corner at a modest pace and then suddenly wacks out at tremendous pace without seeming to show the effort.Awesome to watch this seamless change from one pace to higher!! With the kind of serve he has, i wish he comes to the net more often.Perhaps in faster courts ,that is the only change he may need to make to take on guys like Roddick and Federer..

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup

Well guys,, saw him play y'day against Jiri Vanek.Ivan gives you a feeling that he has ample stuff in reserve.He stays well back during a rally, moving the ball corner to corner at a modest pace and then suddenly wacks out at tremendous pace without seeming to show the effort.Awesome to watch this seamless change from one pace to higher!! With the kind of serve he has, i wish he comes to the net more often.Perhaps in faster courts ,that is the only change he may need to make to take on guys like Roddick and Federer..
There aren't many courts faster than Chennai mate;). He rallies like that all the time, it's funny to watch. Still doesn't excuse him from struggling against very poor opposition.
Nice touch on Hingis,Mr I, you read that one right. Berdych easy too. Getting in nick for the Aussie Open, Mr I.
Cheers:ok. I never seem to have an average day, it's always amazing or horrendous:rollin

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup BERDYCH v Kohlschreiber @ 1.28 Centrebet 8pts :D WON profit 2.24pts PENNETTA v Hingis @ 2.75 William Hill 2pts :D WON profit 3.5pts PENNETTA to lose 1st set and win match @ 8.5 PaddyPower 1pt :D WON profit 7.5pts W/L = 14/11 Staked = 105pts Profit = -3.892pts Yield = -3.71% Mmm, still down:cry. Target has to be to end the week up. The Adelaide outright are both into the semis which is great, and bet365 have changed there minds and made Berdych favourite - which is funny considering he has the harder semi - still expect a Hrbaty-Berdych final though;) . Oh, and still got Muller and Moya this afternoon:hope .

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Carlos Moya vs Bjorn Phau 6-4 4-6 6-1 Moya's making hard work of it this week. Perhpas he'll struggle next match;). MOYA v Phau @ 1.333 Pinnacle 8pts :D WON profit 2.664pts W/L = 15/11 Staked = 113pts Profit = -1.228pts Yield = -1.09% Nearly back level:hope

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Absolutely shocking from my boys in Adelaide:puke MOYA v Stepanek @ 2.18 Pinnacle 2pts Going to have a pop on Moya in this one. He has struggled in this tournament so far, however, I think it should be noted that he has finished every match strongly. The quickness of the court should suit Stepanek however we have to keep going back to the fact that Moya is dominant in this tournament. That has to give an inner belief when you aren't playing your best that you can come through - perhaps we have been saying that in his matches thus far. These two have never played, however Moya tends to have a strong record against serve volleyers - also Stepaneks serve sin't huge so Moya should be able to create some chances. This is certainly a 50/50 for me. Will Ljubicic win 2-0 v Vliegen? NO @ 2.44 Pinnacle 2pts OK, so opposing Ljubicic yesterday didn't work out. However, I'm still not convinced by his performances and we all know he has a pretty poor record late on in tournaments. Vliegen has been on fire this week, picking up credible wins over Jimmy Wang, Schuettler and the best of all against Srichaphan. He has destroyed all of his opponents losing a combined 14 games int hose 3 matches! He loves quick courts so is clearly right at home here. I think he has a very good chance of at least taking a set here.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup

Really thought Monfils would have at least turned up against Federer. Already lost 3 of his own service games. Disappointing to watch.
Well he started alright;) . His serving has been disappointing - that needs to be improved for him to be a force on quick courts, however, this boy can move and I think i'll be backing him a few times on clay this year;) .

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Ljubicic-Vliegen to be played tomorrow so might as well update: Adelaide outright HRBATY @ 9.00 StanJames 1pt E/W (1/2, 1,2) :@ LOST loss 2pts Adelaide Outright BERDYCH @ 3.25 Bet365 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts MOYA v Stepanek @ 2.18 Pinnacle 2pts :D WON profit 2.36pts W/L = 16/14 Staked = 121pts Profit = -4.868pts Yield = -4.02% :sad

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Thought I wouldn't touch any tennis again this week, but seems there's a horribly overpriced bet which looks too good to refuse. 10pts Serra to beat Malisse (2.92 @ Betfair) I said earlier in the week Serra is a player well capable of a few giantkilling feats and definitely one to watch out for in terms of value and him probably having a real chance of being overpriced frequently(well, admittedly, that looks the only thing I've said all week which has been spot on :lol ). That said, I do seriously think Serra is terrific value to beat Malisse - Malisse is a woefully inconsistent player(regardless of the fine run he's had this week) and he'll need to be on top of his game throughout the match just to match Serra, nevermind beat the Frenchman. Make no mistake about this, this should be a 60-40 shot in Serra's favour at best - and anything at the sort of ridiculous odds being bandied about at the moment must be snapped up(at least, for the value). Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 10.00pts Profit/Loss : -90.00pts

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Finals are always hard to gauge and this one is harder than most. Malisse is top 20 on talent and outside top 100 on mental ability but this final is almost new to both so how will they react.........??? Serra was very nervous in closing out Hrbaty earlier today so what will he be like in the final? That said, Malisse is a rule unto himself and pricing up the final is almost guesswork and at this stage it should not be........ I will happily pass although gut reaction is that Serra is once again value.