Chameleon Clock

guesswest

The thread on that Pokerstars tourney just reminded me of this, thought I'd share in case anyone's interested. I've started using a little free prog called chameleon clock to remind me of upcoming tourneys. You enter the start time - then you can hover the cursor over the clock and it shows upcoming tourneys on a little calendar (see screenshot). You can also get it to give you a pop up a few minutes before tourneys start. VERY useful for people like me who've smoked way too much weed and can't remember their own name, nevermind when tourneys are starting! chameleonclock5xk.jpg

Re: Chameleon Clock Yep that's the one. It comes with a lot of different skins so you can get it to look how you like, I chose black and white cos it matches my taskbar - think the screenshots shown on that page are just examples with other skins. Latest version is 3.5 - www.download.com is where I got it from, but pretty sure the link you posted goes to the same download. Edit: Cross posts!

Re: Chameleon Clock Am I the only one having problems with this? For the alarm - it seems to set itself on an autorepeat - about every quarter of a SECOND :loon - So within 15 seconds I've 60 reminders open!! and it keeps going - there seems no way to stop it...... I'm on the verge of getting rid of it, which is a shame, cos other than that, it's useful.

Re: Chameleon Clock This doesn't happen for me. The easiest way to set it is to right click on the clock and choose 'main dialog'. Then in actions hit 'new'. There are loads of different options in the settings there. You can create a template , so once you have one set up the way you like it, you can program all the rest and they'll use all the same options. Make sure you have 'once' selected instead of daily/weekly etc (unless you want to set an alarm for recurring tourneys). It took a little bit of fiddling for me to get it set up just how I like it, but its massively customizable and well worth the effort if you spend a bit of time tweaking. You can also change fonts etc so the reminder box looks how you like it, you can even set it to launch the specific poker software for you.

Re: Chameleon Clock Is weird I dunno why it's doing that. I don't get any repeat reminders so it must be some kind of setting. I know when I first configured it I'd set an alarm for say 10pm with 'remind me 5 minutes before' checked - but it gave me two alarms when I did that, one at 9.55 then another at 10. So I started just setting the alarm itself for 9.55 with the dialog saying '5 minutes until tourney' and the 'remind me x mins before' box unchecked. 2 isn't quite the same as the hundreds you're getting!!! But maybe it'd stop doing that if you didn't use the 'remind me x minutes before' box.....(if you are). Just an idea.