Betfair PL Freeroll - Hand 3

GaF

plpokerhandanalysis4ph.jpg
Game #1102045854: Hold'em NL (10/20) - 2005/12/17 - 20:32:02 (BST) Table "Punters Lounge 1433392 - 2" Seat 4 is the button. Seat 1: heniek (1500 in chips) Seat 2: wpr1 (1460 in chips) Seat 3: pistnbust sits out Seat 4: rippy (1470 in chips) Seat 5: jmac (1530 in chips) Seat 6: Telepe (1500 in chips) Seat 7: SlyPort sits out Seat 8: lynn (1500 in chips) Seat 9: thenuts1 (1540 in chips) Seat 10: friskyfit (1530 in chips) jmac: posts small blind 10 Telepe: posts big blind 20 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to Telepe [Qc 5s] SlyPort: folds SlyPort sits back lynn: folds thenuts1: folds friskyfit: folds heniek: calls 20 wpr1: folds pistnbust: folds pistnbust sits back rippy: folds jmac: folds Telepe: checks ----- FLOP ----- [9s 5c 7c] Telepe: bets 35 heniek: calls 35 ----- TURN ----- [9s 5c 7c][6c] Telepe: checks heniek: checks ----- RIVER ----- [9s 5c 7c 6c][3d] Telepe: checks heniek: checks ----- SHOW DOWN ----- Telepe: shows [Qc 5s] (A Pair of Fives, Queen high) heniek: mucks hand [Jh Kc] Telepe collects 120 from Main pot ----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot 120 Main pot 120 Rake 0 Board [9s 5c 7c 6c 3d] Seat 1: heniek mucked [Jh Kc] Seat 2: wpr1 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: pistnbust folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: rippy (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: jmac (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: Telepe (big blind) showed [Qc 5s] and won (120) with A Pair of Fives, Queen high Seat 7: SlyPort folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: lynn folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: thenuts1 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 10: friskyfit folded before Flop (didn't bet) ****HAND ENDS****
Frisky has taken the empty seat. Pistnbust and Port are still sitting out. 10 Seater (2 sit outs - 8 active players) I'm on the Big Blind. I'm dealt Q5o - a hand I will under no circumstances voluntarily add any money to the pot. Pre Flop First 4 Players Fold. Heniek (3 off the button) limps with KJo Everyone else folds round to me - I check. Flop 9s 5c 7c I have bottom pair and am first to act NORMALLY I would expect to check this at this stage of the tournament (and prefer that play). However for some reason I bet 70% of the pot. I have hit something on the flop, and against just one sole opponent was hoping he missed completely and I could collect the (small)pot there. Heniek, with 2 overcards calls. Personally having missed the flop, in Henieks position, I would probably have folded. Just 6 cards in the deck to help him (without Runner runner posibilities). Turn 6c This is a really dangerous card. It opens up the flush possibility. (as it happens neither of us have it, but both are drawing for a flush). There is also the possibility of any 8 completing a straight. I have bottom pair. There are a lot of hands that beat me. I'm scared and check. If Heniek bets anything I have to fold, but fortunately he is pretty scared as well and checks. A small bet here by Heniek asks me "where do I stand" and takes the pot down for him there and then. Although he only has a flush draw and 2 overcards (and is behind) a bet of 40 here would have won him the pot of 120. It only needs to work 1 time in 4 to be worth doing. Of course, if a club hits, then I'm in trouble (K high flush for Heniek against my Q high flush) and he can win far more chips off of me. River 3d I'm lucky in that an expensive (for me) club doesn't hit. I am leading, but still scared of the multitude of hands that beat me. So Check. Heniek also checks. My View in Summary In my view Heniek was far too passive in this hand - he called my "tester" bet post flop (I would have folded). However having called it, he at no stage asked me any questions. I was on the big blind, so was in with anything, but was never put under any pressure from Heniek to make a decision. From his perspective, he had 2 overcards I allowed him to see some cheap cards and that could have paid big time if he had hit a club on the river. Overall though, my view is that Heniek was wrong to be in the hand, but given that he was, I feel he had to ask me a question at some stage. Wow - I told you I'd tell you what I thought of my opponents play!! Heniek, mate, defend yourself - tell me what you think I did wrong!! Of course - at this stage my objective is TAG - tight aggressive play - I don't know what Henieks startegy is - but this hand seems to have been played fairly passively (and loosely by my standards - KJo - 3 off the button isn't a hand I would choose to play at this stage). A more interesting hand than the first one - let the debate rage!! Hand 3 will wait a bit to see how discussion of this hand goes :ok

Re: Betfair PL Freeroll - Hand 2 If I commentated on hands I was involved in I'd be very quiet :$, so may I comment? The flop did Heniek no favours, and you a small one. But from Henieks position when he is up against a BB who bets does he fold and allow you a moral/mental victory, or stand up to you. Like you said you just put a tester bet which I probably would have folded to, but Heniek called. This wasn't a bad thing to do, because that then put you on your back foot. The way the hand panned out is it was too risky a flop to get committed to, and one of those situations where both were almost wishing for the other to call a bet just so you could fold and get away from that hand and on to the next one.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.