Gaf on TV - finally!

guesswest

Right guys, GaF's TV appearance is now up for download - big thanks to Brael for passing this on. It's up as a torrent, so here's what you need to do to get it. 1. Go to www.bittornado.com and download/install the program. It's a silent program (ie it won't add to your start menu etc), but you need it for something to happen when you click on a .torrent file. 2. Go here: http://torrentmatrix.co.uk and register an account, is just a basic pick a username/pass type deal, will just take 10 seconds. 3. Go here: http://torrentmatrix.co.uk/download.php/346/GaF.zip.torrent - if you've done both of the above bit tornado should open when you click on the link on this page, and the download will start. Be aware it starts incredibly slowly, but gets much quicker as it goes along. Couple speed tips: 1. Everyone should do this. In Bit Tornado, click on 'preferences' and change the port range shown. Change it to anything, 1227-1237, 9905-9915 - doesn't matter what, but many ISP's restrict speed on default bit torrent ports to guard their bandwith. 2. Firewalls - either turn them off, or within your firewall open the ports you've chosen. Don't have to do this, but will make a big difference in speed :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gaf on TV - finally!

GAF will be well pleased with the news :rollin
:lol I'm 37% of the way through ......... 5 hrs 40 minutes left!!! :loon It started straight away at 29 kB/s and has remained pretty constant...... It's a chunky file (871.97 MB) - honestly, if you're on Dial up - don't even think about it!!! :loon

:lol I'm 37% of the way through ......... 5 hrs 40 minutes left!!! :loon It started straight away at 29 kB/s and has remained pretty constant...... It's a chunky file (871.97 MB) - honestly, if you're on Dial up - don't even think about it!!! :loon
It's going that slow because you're the only person on the torrent, so you're just getting my bandwith - it goes quicker the more people are swarming the data. Also, ppl on dial up, you can close and reopen this anytime, it'll resume itself - just leave it running in the background when you're online anyway and you'll have it soon enough. I'll seed this for at least a week :)

anyone can enlighten me on what is this all about ? I'm blur here . :(
Right this is a bit of a saga Newbie (oh, please change your username). If I knew how to I'd put links to the appropraite posts, but I can't so all I can do is tell you which threads. Read this one 1st; http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20283&page=2 then this. Page 1-6 are probably the most relevant; http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20473 then this (I'm not saying too much, let you enjoy the 'story'); http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20565 then this; http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21422 Have fun.:ok

Re: Gaf on TV - finally! im getting around 45kB/s on azureus. 5hrs approx. anyone use azureus and know how to get the best performance out of it. i have had speeds like 300kB/s and i know this is to do with how many are connected in the swarm but any tips are welcome

Re: Gaf on TV - finally! Rednutt - in Azureus check your ports are open and cap your upload, i'd suggest capping at about 20 kbps for 500 meg down, 40 for 1 gig and 75 for 2 gig. The speed is mainly due to there not being that many people on the torrent though - also I'm one of the two seeders and my bandwith is tanked at the moment because I'm seeding a couple other torrents. Edit: grammar

Re: Gaf on TV - finally! im not very good when it comes to ports so dont know how to change them. in azureus under nat/firewall test i changed the port to 52525 and changed something on my computer to match it and it tests ok! (dont remember how i did it though) but as a result of doing this i got green smilies instead of yellow ones and i seemed to speed up.when i change it to anything else it says nat error. quite often i c posts of people saying open ports eg: 5679 - 9574...i dont know how to do that. as for your post saying check my port is open, well :eek i looked and couldnt find :$

Re: Gaf on TV - finally! I finished downloading this this morning - thanks guesswest and Brael. Against my better judgement (:loon) have left it open to help with download speeds - I see 5 people downloading at the moment!! :loon Newbie - Sorry have to agree with Valiant (and thought it before he said!!) - it's up to you - keep the name if you wish, however in my opinion it lacks a little "identity" .... you need something a little distinctive - unfortunately, being called "newbie" tends to lower your profile a bit (or is it just me? :unsure)

Thanks for getting this up and running guesswest. Is there anything I can do to help seed it? :ok
You did 90% of the work with the encoding mate, I just stuck the torrent up :) If you want to help seed it, I left the files exactly as they are, I only zipped it. So Just create a folder, call it 'GaF', put those 9 files in and zip the folder (right click, send to, compressed folder). Then click on the torrent file I listed - when it asks you where you want to put the file you're gonna download, choose the zipped file, and it'll start seeding :ok

I finished downloading this this morning - thanks guesswest and Brael. Against my better judgement (:loon) have left it open to help with download speeds - I see 5 people downloading at the moment!! :loon Newbie - Sorry have to agree with Valiant (and thought it before he said!!) - it's up to you - keep the name if you wish, however in my opinion it lacks a little "identity" .... you need something a little distinctive - unfortunately, being called "newbie" tends to lower your profile a bit (or is it just me? :unsure)
No problems with it to me though . Its only a forum anyway isn't it ? :loon :loon :loon This nick looks ok for now though . :nana :nana :nana :nana Thanks anyway GaF :ok

Bet my last $ you just wanted to slip out the door and not do that interview after you got out
I didn't want to do any of the interviews - that was the worst/most nerve racking bit of the whole thing!!!! The game was alright - I even pretty much forgot the cameras were there...... I still have nightmares about his 52s though...........

Re: Gaf on TV - finally! I downloaded this earlier in the week, and have just watched it. I thought you did yourself proud, GaF?. Probably, as the commentators said, the string bet is something you only do once, and it was desperately unlucky that it cost so much on this occasion!

Re: Gaf on TV - finally! Followed the instructions Guess but I've got a red light on BitTorrent which it says means I have no connections with other clients. I confess I don't understand how it is supposed to work, but then I don't understand how TV works either, I just know it does ! Am I doing something wrong ? :unsure