NHL Thursday 8/12

Have had to scratch some nice looking plays for money (ie odds) reasons. Back them @ your peril, but they are odds-on shots - Buf, NYI, Min. Also, out of propositions, I would discount Jagr tonight as given his recent form, the 2.67 for recording more than1.5 pts looks tempting, but unrealistic. Nylander (NYR) to record more than one point @ 2.74 looks a steal though. Edmonton (ML) to bt PHILLY @ 2.20 - 1 PT *Laddies* Well, the injury list of the Flyers remains a bit too long for anyone's liking. Opposing them didn't work the other time, but now we are looking at the Oilers (although they have one of their main GK out as well). Overall it Edm 15-13 v Phi 16-10 so both on the plus side. L5 read 3-2 alike. Edm on the road 9-7 vs Philly @ home 11-5. H2Hs 1-0 in Edm's favour L3 and 3-3-1 since 96. For fortune-tellers, Edm's pattern reads WLWL_, Philly's WWLW_. Hmm, it pretty even and the injuries must take their toll sonner or later. Hopefully tonight. Carolina (ML) to bt LAK @ 2.38 - 2 PTS *Pinnacle* Hmm, two strong teams and Carolina seemingly on the way back to form. At least both stopped their recent slump. Car 17-10 v LAK 17-12. L5 2-3 v 1-4. Car on the road 8-6 v LAK @ home 10-4. The patterns - LWLLW v LLLLW. LAK 4-3 @ home in recent H2Hs, but Carolina 1-0 in H2Hs L3 seasons. The "return home" factor might play its part tonight as LAK are coming home off their four-game road trip - a typical let down situation. :hope to all who are betting. BTW, my recent form ain't the best (2L) but still well ahead for the year. Will update early tomorrow and then taking my cat and off to the freezing country so posting any picks is doubtful till Sunday (at least).;) :beer:beer:beer

Re: NHL Thursday 8/12 Im with you on the Carolina pick, also on ML. Should be a close one, therefore the odds very nice. LA first game home after roadtrip and won their latest after losing 4 games straight. I did some stats back in 03/04, which showed that teams who had a record like LLLW were very likely to lose the match after they broke their losing streak. No certainties for sure but another reason to try Carolina. I have also taken Tampa on Puck-Line to hammer St. Louis at 1,94 pinnacle. Blues are horrible and Tampa should be able to secure a convincing victory. Thinking about some other matches too, but thats it for now.

Re: NHL Thursday 8/12

Edmonton (ML) to bt PHILLY @ 2.20 - 1 PT *Laddies* Well, the injury list of the Flyers remains a bit too long for anyone's liking. Opposing them didn't work the other time, but now we are looking at the Oilers (although they have one of their main GK out as well). Overall it Edm 15-13 v Phi 16-10 so both on the plus side. L5 read 3-2 alike. Edm on the road 9-7 vs Philly @ home 11-5. H2Hs 1-0 in Edm's favour L3 and 3-3-1 since 96. For fortune-tellers, Edm's pattern reads WLWL_, Philly's WWLW_. Hmm, it pretty even and the injuries must take their toll sonner or later. Hopefully tonight.
Going to back you on this one. Watched philly's game vs calgary and I wasn't impressed at all. I'm also going to bet Buffalo to bt Anaheim @ 1.649. The only games i've seen anaheim win this season has been at their home arena. The sabres have really performed well at home (won alot of games with big margins) and I just can't see how they would lose to the weak mighty ducks team tonight. GL :) ;) :hope

Re: NHL Thursday 8/12 Nice going guys:ok Great that Carolina took it home also:cow I can´t help but feel a bit cheated by Tampa...5-3 on an empty netter, and then they freakin allow Blues to score 18 sec. from the the end....:wall Rangers 5-1 at Nashville:nana Man, that was a nice win! Tulenos, did you put some money on Jagr?