Hi

Guest Morrisey

Guest Morrisey

Hope you don't mind me posting, I don't do it often but when i do i like to spread it about... 1.50 Wolves. Not having a bet in this myself, but i'll be hoping for a bit of improvement in Monica's revenge, if it should finish in the top five or so I might look out for it next time out. 3.50 DANGER BIRD is the one I'm intersted in here. I don't usually back anything purely because Fallon is on top and I haven't today. However, over the last 5 yrs when riding for HOLLINSHEAD he is 100%. Now its only three from three but it might be he books him when he's really trying,( not that i'm suggesting he isn't ALWAYS trying). Add to this the horse is very consistant at the track and in this Grade(ish?) it would look at e/w bet to nothing despite the Fallon factor. Its most recent runs have been over 7 and 8f when imo its clearly suited by a little further. Having said all this my eye kept being taken by TEMPER TANTRUM and so i might play a reverse forcast with the two. For me its looking a good bet, but make of it what you will. 4.20 The obvious bet for me was Don't call me Derek and to be honest I was looking at the race to justify a serious bet on him,( Being a sad T**t I remember it winning for me in the bookies in Benidorm). However, Like Art has said it seems strange Seb deserting it and although Ryan Moore is a more than capable replacement the penalty and older competition had left enough of a doubt in my mind to look for an other option. I hate to say it but again i fancy the look of the Fallon mount GIUNCHIGLIO. Now to say this is a logical bet would be lying, I like this mainly because it won over the distance on the turf three outings ago and has been dropped down in trip on its last two outings only to be sent back out over 12f on the a/w. Does that make sense? I've noticed in the past a horse has been tryed over a certain distance on either the a/w or turf and been sucessful, then either next time out or after a couple of runs it is tried for the first time over the same distance on the other, ( i.e won on turf then tried on a/w or vice versa). Now, I realise this is not the case today, Guinchi has run over the distance before and on the a/w before but look at the first time it ran over 12f, 20/Aug/03 RP states "went left start, held up in rear, pushed along and stayed on final 2f, never dangerous" yet was only 5l of the winner. This is not its first try on the a/w either but look at its first effort, 02/Apr/04 RP says " Giunchiglio was another who tried to bridge the gap all too late and this run will bring him on plenty as he had been off for 191 days prior to this". He did go on to win nto. Not really sure what I'm trying to say myself now, but i did an hour ago so I'll give it a try, Fallon also has a fair strike rate for the stable which is another positive. As I said earlier I wanted to back DCMD so I'll try forcast's with the two and back GUINCHI e/w. Jeez I'm getting jiggered!! 4.50 Ok, just quickly coz i need kip!! BOB'S BUZZ is the selection with a wary eye kept on Borzoi Maestro, The fact Seb is on this is enough for me although there are other reasons, He is 6 from 10 for the stable this year and 2 from 2 for the stables older nags, the trainer has proved he can get them ready and I would take it as a positive if the money came for it as stated elsewhere. I can't rule out BM as its form over c/d is quite good although it would have to show some improvement to come home first. Thats not impossible so i'll try forcasts again. WINCANTON I'm not a lover of the jumps but i'm gonna try GARNETT in the 3.30 and PALOUSE in the 4.00 with a saver f/c with HALF AN HOUR. So to re-cap........ 3.50 Wolves Danger Bird (win) and Temper Tantrum (r/f) 4.20 Wolves Guinchiglio (e/w) and Don't call me Derek (r/f) 4.50 Wolves Bob's Buzz (win) and Borzoi Maestro (r/f) 3.30 Wincanton Garnett (win) 4.00 Wincanton Palouse (win) and Half an hour (r/f) Cheers and good luck Jonah Zzz...Zzz

Re: Hi Nice write up its good to get peoples thoughts and selections on here, so.. ill add mine on the 4.20 Wolverhampton, Seb Sanders rode Dont call me Derek to win LTO, the same horse runs today but Seb doesnt ride, he rides DOVEDON HERO, i think thats pretty significant and i think hed get the choice of rides, being about 15 wins from being in contention for the jocks championship. He rides for SC Williams over Ryan Moore in the last, so i think this is pretty significant and DOVEDON HERO will win. Cheers :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.