Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November He used to post at both forums, up until a few weeks ago. Looks like he has just stayed 'over there' now... England have well and truly lost any chance of winning this now. An exceptional batting day from Pakistan today...

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November OK Pakistan played very well today :\ perhaps too well. What score before they declare? or would it be better to bat till lunch then try to bowl England out in a day and 1/2? Odds currently say Pakistan win 1.66-2.2 for the draw. Gonna get exciting tomorrow whatever,hoping when England eventually get in they can hang around long enough to pee on the parade:hope Don't reckon rain will save them:lol

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November

He used to post at both forums, up until a few weeks ago. Looks like he has just stayed 'over there' now... England have well and truly lost any chance of winning this now. An exceptional batting day from Pakistan today...
Aye, found that out today thanks.:ok I'll just cut and paste his posts over here!:lol

OK Pakistan played very well today :\ perhaps too well. What score before they declare? or would it be better to bat till lunch then try to bowl England out in a day and 1/2? Odds currently say Pakistan win 1.66-2.2 for the draw. Gonna get exciting tomorrow whatever,hoping when England eventually get in they can hang around long enough to pee on the parade:hope Don't reckon rain will save them:lol
I personally reckon that they will bat for about a hour and a half in the morning then that will give Shoaib around 30 minutes to come steaming in before lunch and then with lunch being extended tomorrow he'll have 20 mins longer to recover ready for another burst straight after lunch. I still think England can draw the game but it all depends on whether we can see this opening burst off this time. Unfortunately we seem to have got into a habit of losing wickets in clutches early on during the 2nd innings on this tour!

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November Looks like England will be skittled out unless they can hold on with at least 'some' wickets (second ball of the second innings and Trescothick is out by lbw! :eek :lol). ....up to Pakistan really. They can go for the win or play out for the draw, they're under no pressure but obviously a second win is on the cards for Pakistan.

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November Cheers DBDF :ok long time no see.... I'm sitting pretty as in credit on each result but with 3 full sessions & 2 truncated evening sessions to play my gut reaction is that we'll lose just after lunch tomorrow :cry The only way I can see out of this tbh is if Bell just takes an end as really hes the only one with the patience/temparement to bat as needed here, but I doubt whether he can do it for that length of time. Somebody needs to stand up......BIG time !! Still a good wicket at the moment though so theoretically theres no reason why not.

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November Oh I think theyre trying Stereo, but the momentum will drain away tomorrow afternoon if they cant get through us. Bell & Colly have to see off the first 10 overs when the pitch will be fresher due to the covers & the dew, & shoaib will be steaming in for a 5 over spell. Then he'll put his feet up I think until after lunch when the new ball is due after 44 overs tomorrow, then he'll steam in again...& if we havent got 2 well set bats in then I think he'll go through us, particularly as we may well realise why Giles is a definite pick by his absence tomorrow. England can get away with it but I think kaneria has to bowl as ordinarily as he has done all series again, & the survivor of Bell & Colly has to bat through I think....so preferably Bell :unsure I've took a Pakistan top up @ 4/3 Sporting Odds, but theres an element of series correct score cover involved

Re: Pakistan v England 3rd Test - starts 29th November Wow! 4 wickets in 16 balls and she's all over an hour after lunch!!! But, time for the old gripe....Umpiring!! I reckon there were 3-4 poor decisions all day, but the LBW that Shoaib got Jones with was insane. Not only was it a massive and clearly obvious edge, but the ball would have gone closer to the square leg umpire than it would have the stumps! Madness....especially considering Billy Bowden was no-where to be seen. (Oh wait, he over here making an arse of himself! :D)

Pakistan have been excellent throughout the series and are deserved winners. Lets hope we can bounce back against India next year...
If we are too, we need a spinner who can spin the ball and the batters need to have a serious word with themselves and bat as a team not as individuals. Lets hope we can put this series to bed and crack on in the New Year.