Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas

GaF

fantasticprizes.gifWell I imagine there will be a lot of promotions over Christmas, but Betfair seem to have got there first with their 12 Plays of Christmas. Looks like there may be some interesting things for us to keep our eyes on. This is the promotional detail released so far:
It’s that time of year again when Betfair Poker brings you the very best in festive poker fun… not to mention £250,000 of prizes and pressies up for grabs. The “Twelve plays of Christmas†represents the most fun month of poker anywhere on the internet. Made up of twelve great festive poker promotions that run throughout December, the 12 Plays offers something for everyone, whether you prefer cash games, STTs or MTTs. There are even prizes for those of you unlucky enough to go out first or on the bubble in one of the tournaments! Tantalisingly, you won’t know the full extent of the schedule until December 1st here on betfairpoker.com but you can already get a taste of the prizes on offer on the left.
One to keep our eyes on.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas Details are up - http://www2.betfairpoker.com/12plays/ First event starts at 6pm on 4th December with £9500 added to prize pool (restricted to 1000 entrants - registration opens 6pm 3rd December) - it does cost £20 + £2 to enter, so more than a lot of us are used to, but, assuming it is full, entry is worth £29.50. (So £7.50 value added!). I'm sure the "cryptic cracker" will be of interest on 11th december - a £5000 freeroll. This is limited to 1000 players - the comp is password protected - clues to the password will be posted on Betfair forum from 7th December...... Will check all events and make sure you are told in plenty of time ahead of registration for anything interesting........

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas What kind of restriction in here when it comes to discussing the clues to the cryptic puzzles? Had great fun last year taking the mickey out of those who were struggling...although in the end the password was generally available to all who wanted it.

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas Good point. We do like the opportunity to take the mickey out of one another :tongue2 Shall we have a "gentlemans agreement" that noone give the password whilst the tournament is less than half full? This should allow us to have our fun :lol but also ensure noone misses out?

What kind of restriction in here when it comes to discussing the clues to the cryptic puzzles? Had great fun last year taking the mickey out of those who were struggling...although in the end the password was generally available to all who wanted it.

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas

I thought we were always supportive of each other and would never dream of ridiculing other members.
Well, that's the official line ;) Oh ok - it's true, we're far too supportive of one another to let anyone else suffer - but if we can have some fun with the questions first, before some "smart alec" gets it for everyone.......

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas Copy of Fenners post from elsewhere. Cheers for info m8 :ok

Dear Andrew,
It’s that time of year again when Betfair Poker brings you the very best in festive poker fun… not to mention the £250,000 of prizes and pressies up for grabs. The “Twelve plays of Christmas” represents the most fun month of poker anywhere on the internet. Made up of twelve great festive poker promotions that run throughout December, the 12 Plays offers something for everyone, whether you prefer cash games, STTs or MTTs. There are even prizes for those of you unlucky enough to go out first or on the bubble – and a Mini Convertible for one lucky and skilled player! Get a present that you really want this Christmas!
list_prizes.gif
For a full list of what’s on offer to you over the Christmas period, click here. Here are just a few of the ways that you can get your hands on a present that you really want this Christmas!
Poker Pressies 1st – 20th December Earn over 50 betfair points on poker in a day and be entered into a prize draw for five daily chips sets.
Betfair Santa Game 8th – 31st December (tournaments, twice daily) Standard MTT but knock out BFSANTA to win an exclusive poker chip set
Cryptic Cracker 11th December – £5,000 Freeroll But you’ll need to decipher the clues in the Poker forum to find the password
Christmas Pudding 17th December – Bonus Tournament full of surprises: £1,000 added to prize pool, £1,000 to first out, £1,000 to bubble (one place outside the money)
So, for all the best in poker over the festive period, look no further than Betfair Poker. See you at the tables,
sig.gif
can everybody chip in to get password for the freeroll on the 11th have to log in everyday from the 7th and get clues Im away on 8th and 9th in that poker tv thingy so wont have access would be much apreciated cheers
See messages above Fenner regarding password - one way or another, we'll make sure all PL members can work it out ;)

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas Nice one Betfair - don't think it impacts anyone here, but a great gesture anyway. That cost them over £4000 extra!!!

With all the festive frovolities going on in BFSantaland there has be a bit of a mix up. A few of you spotted an inconsistency in the Terms and Conditions on the homepage of the tournament itself with the terms in the room. On betfairpoker.com it implied that the payout structure would start from 4th onwards with the top three winning the New York package. In the room it stated that the payout structure would start from 1st. What does this mean? More winnings for you!!! BFSanta in his jovial Christmas mood has decided to amend the winnings with the payout structure now starting at fourth place. (Positions 1-3 will keep there winnings). The following payout list is therefore as follows: Defoe10 1 2,240.00 (plus New York Package) sharky_uk 2 1,440.00 (plus New York Package) harayir 3 800.00 (plus New york Package) paulio 4 2,240.00 kinghawko 5 1,440.00 Bogart 6 800.00 mfordy 7 600.00 everet 8 480.00 Hiwayman 9 400.00 Black Cat 10 320.00 sergio777 11 240.00 Chris1985 12 160.00 Mandylou 13 120.00 Devil007 14 80.00 Rohrpower 15 80.00 Tybalt 16 80.00 DTW1 17 80.00 tel3563 18 80.00 Ghengis 19 80.00 fontwell 20 80.00 tomking 21 80.00 Warrant 22 80.00 The House 23 80.00 hagen 24 40.00 PHAR1 25 40.00 Molsson 26 40.00 slips 27 40.00 Mudwig 28 40.00 Callyboy 29 40.00 shauny200 30 40.00 rom star 31 40.00 KatieT 32 40.00 sucrose 33 40.00 All amends will be made to your accounts within 24 hours. The elves apologise and hope that you all enjoy the rest of the 12 Plays of Christmas

I am gunning for top spot in the £10 to £30 STT Xmas leaderboard' date=' anyone else having a shot at the leaderboards? :unsure[/quote'] GL Winty :ok Do they publish a leaderboard anywhere so we can track your progress?

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas 1) A barnacled light source in a muddle at Christmas (10) (solve clue and remember initial letter}

Nice easy one to to start with... Now a barnacle is a thing that clings to the bottom of a boat, and a light will be a torch. An anagram of boattorch (notice the 10 letters!) is ''a broth cost''. Broth costs 99p per bowl. We are not looking for a number so it can't be 99...so it must be p then. Bit easy that one eh?

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas I really haven't a clue with this!!!! I don't do cryptic crosswords or anything, so not sure how I should be thinking ......... Anyone fancy training my brain to think in the right way by giving some examples of cryptic clues and the answers? (or suggesting somewhere I can find that!!!!)

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas A barnacled light source in a muddle at Christmas This is the ''anagram'' kind of clue...looking for a ten letter answer, so find 10 letters within the clue. ''light source'' is 11, ''in a muddle'' is 9, ''at Christmas'' is also 11... There is only one part that has 10 letters! Use an anagram solver on those 10 letters and the clue solves itself. They are already going nuts on the betfair forum, asking for the password because they are ''good punters''! One problem I have noticed is that the game is up on the poker site, but showing a £5.50 entry! Hope that gets sorted as I haven't got any brass in my betfair account at the moment!

. Not born to solve these puzzles at all . Absoultely no clue as to how to solve these .
Me too - I think it's a "way of thinking". Got the first one, thenks to the huge help from Dodger - stuck on the second one - not sure what "type" of clue it is (http://www.pennypress.com/solvers/cryptic.shtml) - and that's key to solving it I think ........ Going to give it some serious thought now.......