Help with downloading Betfair

The Quiet Man

I've tried to download Betfair the past couple of days but I receive the following message :- 'failed to register UA please contact software vendor' :@ Sent an e-mail to Betfair who advised me to change my settings on my firewall - I tried this but was unable to figure out how to do it :wall I also uninstalled my firewall (Sygate Personal Firewall) but still had no joy although the Betfair Poker icon now appears on my desktop but when I click it I am still receiving the same message. Can any of you smart computer people give me any advice on how to access this site - as soon as possible or before the 17th December would be nice! :ok And yes, I did reinstall my firewall. (before anyone asks) Thanks in advance to anyone that attempts to help me. :clap

Re: Help with downloading Betfair Mate I had a similar problem with Ladbrokes. No matter what I did I just couldn't get the poker site up and running, despite the fact that Bet365, Nordocbet and other prima sites worked fine. I don't know too much about that firewall (use Zone Alarm myself), I'm guessing you are having the same problem, and that your firewall just doesn't like Betfair. Just had a look at their website, and I think if you get the 1st window up and select applications you should have a list of programs (probably dominated by poker sites ;)). Find the one associated with Betfair and check the settings are the same as the other poker sites. If they are different with Betfair change them so that they are the same as, say SO Poker. If this doesn't work you could try contacting sygate directly and asking for their help.:\ Using the Main Console The Main Console for the Personal Firewall is available from your Start menu: click Start|Programs|Sygate Personal Firewall|Sygate Personal Firewall. The main console appears. You can also bring up the main console by clicking the System Tray Icon. The Personal Firewall interface is simple and intuitive. The provides real-time network traffic updates, online status, and links to logs, help files, and the Applications List. Click to view image. mainConsoleFreeXP.gif The Main Console The Personal Firewall interface is re-sizable, so you can view it as a full-screen or part-screen image. Menus and Toolbar The top of the screen displays a standard menu. Toolbar Buttons The buttons located below the menu items can be used to quickly access logs, view the Help file, or access the Applications List. Traffic History Graphs One of most noticeable features of the Personal Firewall is the set of Traffic History graphs that are located below the toolbar on the main console. Click to view image. TrafficHistory.gif The Traffic History graphs produce a real-time picture of the last two minutes of your traffic history. The graphs reload new information every second, providing instant data, as measured in bytes, about your incoming and outgoing network traffic. The Traffic History graphs are broken into three sections. On the left side of the graphs section are the Incoming and Outgoing Traffic History graphs. These provide a visual assessment of the current traffic that is entering and leaving your computer through a network interface. This includes traffic that is allowed and traffic that is blocked. The green lines and bars indicate traffic that is allowed to pass through, and the red coloring indicates traffic that is being blocked by the Personal Firewall. Additionally, the Attack History graph on the right side of the console provides information on attempted attacks against your machine. Broadcast Traffic Broadcast traffic is network traffic that is sent to every computer in a particular subnet, and thus is not directed specifically to your computer. If you do not want to see this traffic, you can remove it from this graphical view by choosing to Hide Broadcast Traffic. You will then only see "unicast" traffic in this graph, which is traffic that directed specifically to your computer.

• Click Hide Broadcast Traffic below the Traffic History graphs to make this traffic no longer appear in the Traffic History graphs.
  • Click Hide Broadcast Traffic to clear this setting, which causes broadcast traffic to appear.

Running Applications Field The Running Applications Field provides a list of all applications and system services that are currently running on the your system. The display of application names can be changed through the View menu, or by right-clicking in the Running Applications field and selecting the desired view from the menu that appears. You can also view the status of the applications. An application’s “status” refers to the permissions that you allow it—whether it can access your Internet connection, if it can access that connection without asking you first, or if it is blocked from accessing the Internet or network altogether. You can change the status of applications from the Running Applications field by right-clicking on an application’s icon and selecting the desired status.

Running Applications Field

Icon

Status

Description

allow.jpg

Allow

Icon appears normal, with no marks

ask.jpg

Ask

Icon appears with a small, yellow question mark

block.jpg

Block

Icon appears with a red circle and cross-out mark
send_receive.gif You can hide the display of system services by clicking Hide Windows Services above the Running Applications field. There are a number of services running at any given time, and since they are often crucial to the operation of your computer, you most likely want to allow them. You will see pop-ups that ask you if you want to allow these services to run. It is generally fine to allow them, and you can allow them permanently without worry. The Personal Firewall will block the services or applications if anything within the application’s executable file changes. For instance, if you download a Trojan horse or an email virus that affects a service or application, the Personal Firewall will notice the difference and ask you if you want to allow it. If you have not made any changes to the service or application (such as an upgrade), then you will want to block these applications from running and alert your system administrator. See “Understanding Pop-Up Messages” for details on pop-up messages.
Additionally, application icons will display a small blue dot on lower left-hand or right-hand corner to indicate if it is receiving (left-hand) or sending (right-hand) traffic.

Re: Help with downloading Betfair Mr V, thanks for taking the time to give me such a detailed reply! :ok :ok What hours do you work on that taxiing lark V? 04:25 - 05:30 or something like that?:rollin :rollin Bloody well interferes with your poker career at any other time. I think I'll just wait for Red_Fear to visit and he'll sort it in a jiffy - he knows more than the IT experts about computers, pretty sad really!:lol Good luck to you and PL tonight in Dollar up - see you there.:dude