TJ's NBA Thread

Hey guys, welcome! After 2 weeks of NBA I will try to start putting money on NBA games. So let's start fast without wasting time. For today (Monday night) we have this games: New York Knicks +4 The Knicks won AWAY against the Sacramento squad and are very motivated. Utah is missing starting Star and defensive coordinator Kirilenko and their starting Rookie Point Guard Deron Williams. additional bet in this match: OVER 172.5 As mentioned Kirilenko is missing in this game and the defense won't be the biggest factor. But to be honest 172.5 is a very good looking number I can't say no to. Bulls +6 The Bulls have won their last 2 games and have high potential. Golden State is a good team and looks good this season, but I still fancy the team from Chi Town. The Bulls play a good defense and still score good. I think the game will be a close one with a close winner. +6 is a good number. Good Luck to all NBA betters and greets to TazaD ;-)

Re: TJ's NBA Thread 1-2 Wizards +6 I can't say no to this offer whatsoever. The Wizards beat the Spurs last game and Arenas is in topform already. Washington starts a long road trip from this game on and after this we will see how good they really are. Cleveland had a good start so far too and I expect it to be a close game at least. Look for the Arenas VS Hughes matchup! Magic, Heat, Pistons to win Something really crazy must happen to make the Heat and Pistons loose AT HOME against the two young teams from Boston and New Orleans. The Magic are not the best team to pick, but playing at home against one of the baddest teams overall should be possible. Special Player Bet : Richard Hamilton to score + 19.5 points Richard Hamilton scores almost 23 ppg in this young season, the Pistons are no longer a big defense team, but even manage to play fast and score high scores. Many of their offense plays run over Hamilton who is one of the best players without the ball. He will be defended supposly by Delonte West or Ricky Davis, both not the best at the defensive end. Playing at home after 3 away games will push him even more, especially after he only scored 14 points against the Blazers. The last time the Pistons met the Celtics (last week) was away and even then Hamilton managed to be team scoring leader with 26 dimes. Good luck to yall =)

Re: TJ's NBA Thread 3-4 Last night was solid (2 out of 3). I got to say sorry about the Bucks bet cause I took it back last minute. I hope nobody lost because of it ;-) From now on I will give you additional categories about my bets to show how confident I am about it. So you can decide better which tips seem more attractive than others. For example: The triple ORL DET MIA last night would be an 8 bet, the Richard Hamilton one a 6 and the Bucks, Wizards ones 3-4. (All based on a 10 point system). New picks to be worked on now and published later on.

Re: TJ's NBA Thread Phoenix -6 8/10 ~1.95 This season like last season: If the Suns win, they win comfortable. The last time at home, 3 days ago, they defeated the Warriors with 15 points diffrence. So, because I can't see them loose this one anyway I take the spread. The Grizzlies just don't have the power to stop the young, athletic and fast Suns (not to talk if Stoudemire would play). The only teams that can match with the Suns at home are only fast, offensive high scoring teams or very good defense teams; the Grizzlies are neither. Plus: Depending on Gasol and Eddie Jones is not good signs against a deep (or just more talented) Suns roster. To sum it up: The Grizzlies lack the offensive power to knock the Suns away. (little stat line: They only scored ONCE over 100 points so far this season, the Suns only once UNDER 100)

Re: TJ's NBA Thread Suns, Celtics to win 8/10 ~ 1.95 You don't feel confident about the Suns spread of 6 points? So we can go one step down and add the Celtics at home! So, what about the Sonics should be known? Not much! First off, they won 2 games out of 6 and that was only by overtime against the Raptors (0-7) away and the Timberwolves (3-4) at home. With that, they are at the last place in the Northwest Divison, the namely worst one in the West. The only reason the Celtics lack some wins is their schedule: Loosing 3 games to last years both finalists (2 times Pistons, 1 time Spurs) is not really THAT bad. It's only 3 things that will show the win: Paul Pierce, Ricky Davis and home advantage.

Re: TJ's NBA Thread From my point of view so far , here are some crap teams SEATTLE SUPERSONICS Seattle is clearly one of them . I can't imagine how crap they are after their performance last season . Anyway , they are just crap this season . Boston would finish them off easily . I like the look of -5.5 for the full game . Can't understand why it is so low though. May go for the 1st quarter handi or 1st half handi when they are out though . :clap TORONTO RAPTORS This team has got the potential of high scoring games as we can see from the past few games . It just keeps getting outscored . 0-7 record and 0-5 at home tells u a lot about this team . Plain crap but a surprise victory would be coming soon . I hope not tonight as i see iverson and gang thumping them easily . Again , the -5 handi here for full game seems too low . I'll probably await the 1st quarter and 1st half handi instead . :clap ATLANTA HAWKS Though this team is absoulte crap , they caused me to lose on the 1st half and 1st quarter wager against the spurs today . Holy crap cause how can you actually see a poor hawks team outscoring the san antonio spurs in the 1st quarter , AND MIND you al harrington (:@ :@ ) Had the cheek to actually score 18 points . After the "impressive" first quarter which of course meant my money went down the drain , the crap team was back again. IN short , i still think they are still crap . KINGS At the moment , they still look crap to me . Except for today's game against utah jazz . They seem not able to scoring freely as they have been in past few seasons . Weird considering the fact only some players of that group left such as webber , divac . Bulk of the group is still there . Plus the addition of kenny thomas , bonzi wells etc should make them stronger . But here they are with this poor shooting game at the moment . Continue more of such performances against the jazz and i'll take them out of the crap list . So far , these are the few crap teams i can think of . Comments are welcome .

Re: TJ's NBA Thread First off: Please post in your own thread, mine is not meant for this. (No offense) Second: The Kings are no crap team. Third: You are right with Toronto & Atlanta Fourth: Seattle won't be nearly as good as last season but not as bad as Toronto. Sorry, but your crap list is not full and nothing to depent on.

Re: TJ's NBA Thread First off: How rude are you J Stella? Second: This guy is a total newbie to the forum, and with a good post I might add Third: Don't be so arrogant. Fourth and final: We do NOT slate other people on the forum, that's what it is renowned for. I think an apology is in order and less arrogance.

Re: TJ's NBA Thread Hornets, Raptors to win odd ~7.5 1/10 Ok this bet to shoot some spare money on your hand ;-) So don't be too confident about it. Betting on the Raptors is not a good looking thing after 7 L's straight. Tonight they play their game against the Sixers at home after their last night loss in Philly. I hope they play for their revenge especially under the home advantage (pressure?). Note again: This is not a bet about a strong team, but only a nose for revenge ;-) The Hornets lost in overtime last night against Miami. The Hornets? Miami? Overtime? Away? What the? Yes you are right, NBA's previously certified looser team for the upcoming season seems not THAT bad as all think. I hope they show up some good against a strong starting five from Denver.

Re: TJ's NBA Thread No worries there . I'm not offended by what he says . Have been punting on nba for 2 years already and i have to say this year's results are kind of weird in one way or another . Those were my views on the current crap team . You can see for yourselves on their performance . I followed their game as far as i can on espn scoreboard . So my view is verified by the performance i seen . Just kind of offering my views here . Sorry if i offended you . :ok :ok :ok

Re: TJ's NBA Thread

First off: How rude are you J Stella? Second: This guy is a total newbie to the forum, and with a good post I might add Third: Don't be so arrogant. Fourth and final: We do NOT slate other people on the forum, that's what it is renowned for. I think an apology is in order and less arrogance.
Excuse me if I sounded cocky, I wasn't! Of course everybody is allowed to post anything here, but I just started this thread with the running NBA picks I put money on. And if everybody comes in with random posts like a 'crap list' the overview will get lost. I just want to give the users a clean look in my thread. And to the 10 posts: I haven't even seen how many posts he had! Don't want to offend him because of being a newbie especially because I see myself as a newbie, too! The other stuff I said about his picks was only objective talk and didn't involve any arrogance! So I please the other users: You want to comment on my picks no problem, want to add your own picks: Do it! But if you want to talk about other things like own lists about NBA teams or other things like the Rookie of the Year thread: Please create an own thread. Just help me to keep my thread clean. Thank You. :ok

Re: TJ's NBA Thread This is the post which you wrote . I saw this statement on seattle and agreed its true . Which kind of led to my posts of the current crap team . Hope that sort of makes you feel better now . :)

So, what about the Sonics should be known? Not much! First off, they won 2 games out of 6 and that was only by overtime against the Raptors (0-7) away and the Timberwolves (3-4) at home. With that, they are at the last place in the Northwest Divison, the namely worst one in the West.

Re: TJ's NBA Thread Completely agree with the former speakers PR and meatman. Thats completely unfair to a newbie or to anyone for that matter and this should not be tolerated. The reason why I choose to write in this forum and this forum only is that people dont slate eachother here, just as PR said. There´s a lot of respect for eachother here and let´s keep it that way. It´s a very wealthy idea that there should be no individual threads hereafter. As to your posts J.Stella, they are packed with information, and please keep it up.

Re: TJ's NBA Thread You can't judge me by my posts man . I registered quite a while back . Just that i can't remember the username . In fact , i just did a few moments ago and i check back this forum now and every then . :) Don't worry mate , i'm not trying to be cocky by posting something ugly here . Just some stuffs which i taken note so far which may help people avoid these teams .

Excuse me if I sounded cocky' date= I wasn't! Of course everybody is allowed to post anything here, but I just started this thread with the running NBA picks I put money on. And if everybody comes in with random posts like a 'crap list' the overview will get lost. I just want to give the users a clean look in my thread. And to the 10 posts: I haven't even seen how many posts he had! Don't want to offend him because of being a newbie especially because I see myself as a newbie, too! The other stuff I said about his picks was only objective talk and didn't involve any arrogance! So I please the other users: You want to comment on my picks no problem, want to add your own picks: Do it! But if you want to talk about other things like own lists about NBA teams or other things like the Rookie of the Year thread: Please create an own thread. Just help me to keep my thread clean. Thank You. :ok

No worries there . I'm not offended by what he says . Have been punting on nba for 2 years already and i have to say this year's results are kind of weird in one way or another . Those were my views on the current crap team . You can see for yourselves on their performance . I followed their game as far as i can on espn scoreboard . So my view is verified by the performance i seen . Just kind of offering my views here . Sorry if i offended you . :ok :ok :ok
I'm happy to see that you are mature enough to see that no arrogance was involved! Welcome back to the wonderful sport of NBA =) ( & the PL) :cheers

Re: TJ's NBA Thread No, you don't seem to understand JS. There is a daily thread, there are no insult about crap lists (you don't call that arroagance?) and you might want to open your eyes a bit more about who you are speaking to and the manner of it. Daily thread starts tommorrow just as Taza D usually starts it and has done for years. It always has been a daily thread and everyone contributes as they normally do and that's it. If you cannot accept other people's views, then this is probably not the place for you. This is not your thread, you want your own thread, you go to Systems & Strategies. I hope that's clear enough for you.

Re: TJ's NBA Thread we are all gathered here in this forums precisely to give precious views on the events which are happening . No worries mate . :ok :ok Case closed . :cheers :cheers :cheers

I'm happy to see that you are mature enough to see that no arrogance was involved! Welcome back to the wonderful sport of NBA =) ( & the PL) :cheers

No, you don't seem to understand JS. There is a daily thread, there are no insult about crap lists (you don't call that arroagance?) and you might want to open your eyes a bit more about who you are speaking to and the manner of it. Daily thread starts tommorrow just as Taza D usually starts it and has done for years. It always has been a daily thread and everyone contributes as they normally do and that's it. If you cannot accept other people's views, then this is probably not the place for you. This is not your thread, you want your own thread, you go to Systems & Strategies. I hope that's clear enough for you.
I referred to crap list to the crap teams not that it is a crap list! And I'm tight with Taza D, got much much respect for his work and love to see his daily threads! I hope you don't see me no more 'cocky' 'arrogant' somewhat because I just wanted to make my thread easy to overview and follow, not more. If something sounded cocky it was maybe because of the internet writing, but I had no such attitude in mind. Anyway I just started this thread to help people on NBA bets because of my 10 year long knowledge. if you want to ban me or something for such little missunderstanding you got to do your job, you are the boss. (not meant provoking) I said sorry to him after the small missunderstanding and the thing is done for me now (and I think him too because he seems to be easy going like I am). :cheers