NHL: Friday: 11-11

Hey guys, on it goes!! Tampa Bay @ Atlanta: Last night I took the Rangers to win Tampa saying that I know that Tampa's run will come to an end very soon but the NYR odds are too big to pass up ( or words to that effect ) well now I'm gonna take a punt that the run will end tonight in Atlanta. Although I'm always a little sceptical about betting on a team in the 2nd of back to back games, Tampa have too much quality to be on an 0-5 streak and Atlanta are the type of team that you'd maybe want to play in a slump. I know Atlanta beat Pittsburgh 5-0, but Pittsburgh then beat the Canadiens last night, that's hockey, and this team is not one of the premier team by a long shot. PP is the key as the Thrashers have one of the worst PK's and TB's speedy attack can draw more of their fair share of penalties tonight. Also the odds for once are decent. 2.46 in regulation and I'm more than happy to take that. More later.................

Re: NHL: Friday: 11-11 Minnesota @ Detroit: I'm not sold on this Detroit team at all. Their record makes for great reading I'll admit, but just look at where most of their wins have come from. 8 of those wins have come against the mighty Blues, Blackhawks, and Blue Jackets, the Killer B's indeed!! They have a very inflated record because they are in a rubbish division, if they were playing in the Pacific or Northwest you think they'd have that record? No way. This doesn't make them a bad team of course, I've seen them a couple of times this year and they have looked good without being spectacular, but worldbeaters? No. Minnesota are a tough team with excellent goaltending ( It looks like Fernandez will get the start over Roloson ) and they will not be walked over. They may have lost 4-2 to the Coyotes in their last game but by no means were they outplayed. I'm gonna take the +1.5 start here @ 1.87, which I think are great odds for a goal and a half head start.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.