NHL ice hockey - Tue 08/11

Colorado to beat San Jose @ 1,95 @ Expekt, 1 point (Regular time: win-draw-lost) Colorado home: 4-3-2 (38-30), San Jose away: 2-2-6 (28-38) Colorado has won 3 of their last 5 game at regulation and also 1 win at ot and 1 ot lost. Colorado seem to be very good offencive team and there has also been lot's of goals in their games. In Colorado's all 13 games there have been at least 5 goals and 9/13 at least 7 goals. So there is strong tendens to see many goals here. I have to take closer look if I can find some good overs to play in this. So far best seem to be over 6,5 goals @ 2,1. On ther other hand San Jose has allowed only 7 goals at their last 4 games, but maybe their rookie goalie Schafer's honeymoon is over and we'll see at least over 5,5 goals. San Jose has played very even games lately. Four of last six of their games has been draw after regulation. They have won all those four ot-games, so I won't like to try them at over time and that's why I think Colorado is trying to beat them at the regulation. Minnesota to beat Phoenix @ 2 @ Expekt, 1 point Minnesota has been good home team so far while Phoenix has been in trouble as a visitor. Minnesota at home: 5-0-2 (29-14), Phoenix as visitor: 2-2-5 (22-23). Considering those stats I think Minnesota will win this one over 50% and odds at 2 are fair. I expect this to be quite low-scoring game. Wild's penalty killing has been so far best in the league: 91.9 percent (91 for 99). New Jersey to beat N.Y.Islanders @ 1,95 @ Expekt, 1 point New Jersey has 3 lost in a row but 3 out of last 4 has gone to over time. Islanders has two concecutive losses with bad numbers 0-6 (Sens) and 1-5 (Pens). Islanders has been very weak visitor so far and has lost 5 out of 7 of their road games. This trip isn't very far away though. So both teams try to get their game back to track and I think home team is more capable to do that. I'm still waiting some good odds to this, but I expect Boston-Philadelphia to be very hi-scoring game. Both teams have very good offences. Philly has scored 8 out of 9 of their last games at least 4 goals and 7/9 at least 5 goals, 11/12 of their games have had totally at least 6 goals. Also in 12 of Boston's last 14 games have been at least 6 goals in each. NHL YTD: 16-17, +7,27 points, Yield + 17%

Re: NHL ice hockey - Tue 08/11 Phoenix @ Minnesota: Minnesota have an excellent home record this year only losing to the Canucks so far, but I fancy the Coyotes to get something out of this game. I really feel Gretzky's boys are an improving outfit, although they lost in OT to the 'Hawks on Sunday it was just 24 hours after beating the Wings in Detroit 4-1, which is more like the team I hope to see tonight, I tend not to read too much into a loss in the second of back-to-back games anyway and I expect them to feel the benfit of the day off and come out fresh for this game. The Coyotes have played Minnesota once this year winning 2-1 and I suspect this one will not be full of goals either, but the under offers nothing in the way of price so I'll leave that alone, I'm gonna go with my gut and take Phoenix for a narrow regulation win in this, it will be tight, but I think the Coyotes are finally starting to gel and the 3.25 on offer is a nice price as although the Wild have the better record, I don't see much between these two teams. Washington @ Toronto: Washington got a much needed win in this fixture 2 days back, but you wouldn't have thought it judging by the odds on offer, 1.34 for Toronto to win this, 1.59 in regulation, but I don't think that this game is a banker by any means. Washington showed two nights ago that the are an improving team, and a team that has won 3 of their last 5 including a victory against this very opponent should never be as high as 5.00 to win in regulation, although I'm not sure they have what it takes to make it back-to-back victories against a pretty decent Leafs team, I very willing to take the +1.5 @ 2.00 on offer, as I find it quite ludicrous that the Leafs are favourite even with a -1.5 difference to make up. Tampa @ Montreal: Two teams going different directions at the moment, the Habs on a winning streak, the Lightening on a losing streak, I think that the Habs are great value @ 2.19 to win this in regulation, as the Lightening are still priced up by their pre-season expectations and not their current form, but I'm always very wary of putting money on what seems like obvious results, it looks on paper that it should be a win for Montreal, but just as a winning streak must come to an end, so must a losing streak, and both could go in one game here so I'm steering clear of a prediction in this one, however I'm loving the odds on the over 6.5 in this one, although stats will dictate that it's not the wisest of bets, Tampa know that they will not win this game 2-1. Montreal always get a couple of goals, and looking back through the season are very consistant at scoring 2,3,4 etc. Tampa will have to match then better this tally to win, and Montreal have shown great heart this year, I can see this going goal for goal and 2.50 on the over represents great value for me. Boston @ Philadelphia: Not much to say on this one, I feel that Philly are one of 4 teams in the east I think can win the cup this year and games like these are there to be won, Gagne and Forsberg are just awesome. Although I think Boston do have some battling qualities I think this is abridge too far for them and I'll take Philly to win in regulation. Phoenix @ 3.25 Regulation win @ Betfair 5 Pts Washington +1.5 @ 2.00 @ Betfair 5 Pts Tampa-Montreal Over 6.5 goals @ 2.50 @ Betfair 5 Pts Philadelphia @ 1.88 regulation win @ Betfair 7 Pts Y-T-D 22-23-0: Staked: 132 Pts: Returns: 176.06 Pts: + 44.06 Pts + 33.38% Good luck too all betting tonight :cheers I may have more bets later, anyone who has advice against my bets please say as it could save me some money!!!! Lets keep this thread rolling :nana

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.