WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov

Wednesday 9 November 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifClijsters v Pierce (02:00 GMT)1.166.60sp.gif101% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result - - -Set BettingLose 1st Set and Win MatchWin 1st Set
sp.gifSchnyder v Sharapova (03:30 GMT)3.001.46sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result - - -Set BettingLose 1st Set and Win MatchTotal Games 1st SetTotal Games 2nd SetWin 1st Set
sp.gifDavenport v Petrova (04:45 GMT)1.156.80sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch Result - - -Set BettingLose 1st Set and Win MatchTotal Games 1st SetTotal Games 2nd SetWin 1st Set
sp.gifThursday 10 November 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifDementieva v Pierce (02:00 GMT)2.121.65sp.gif108% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifDavenport v Schnyder (03:30 GMT)1.154.10sp.gif112% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting
sp.gifClijsters v Mauresmo (04:45 GMT)1.173.90sp.gif112% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultSet Betting

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov Here's some outright prices (brought in here thanks to MrI;):

v15.gifv6006.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
Clijsters, K2.22.22.12.22.12.22.372.12.342.32
Davenport, L2.7532.752.752.752.872.75333.05
Sharapova, M8.57.587.58.59888.59.8
Mauresmo, A13121313121515122019.5
Pierce, M21151719171921212529
Dementieva, E17172619211717212526
Petrova, N19263429341917263032
Schnyder, P23263429342121263448
Each-way terms: 2 at 1/3 2 at 1/32 at 1/32 at 1/3

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov Elena Dementieva looks a huge price for me. She's won 3 out of the last 5 against Mauresmo and beat Clijsters for the first time sine 2000 last time they met and has a winning 3-1 record against Mary Pierce. Shes well worth a dabble at 26.0 with Ladbrokes. Think I'll have a small interest here for value 1pt win Elena Dementieva at 26.0 Ladbrokes

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov Starting the week with something short but pretty worthwhile: DAVENPORT v Petrova @ 1.14 Coral 21.43pts I don't think there is anything going in Petrovas favour coming into this. Davenport in USA is very very good. H2H is great:

Davenport leads 6-0
Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed
2/2 2000ERICSSON OPENHARD (O)QL. DAVENPORT6-2 6-175/--
3/2 2001LOS ANGELESHARD (O)R32L. DAVENPORT7-6(3) 7-6(3)38/--
4/3 2003US OPENHARD (O)R16L. DAVENPORT6-0 6-7(6) 6-219/19
4/4 2004AMELIA ISLANDCLAY (O)SL. DAVENPORT3-6 6-4 6-19/7
5/3 2004LOS ANGELESHARD (O )QL. DAVENPORT6-1 6-112/7
1/1 2005AMELIA ISLANDCLAY (O)SL. DAVENPORT6-0 6-312/7
A couple of close ones but this is very conclusive for Davenport. Since the US Open Davenport has been on a 12 match winning run winning 3 titles. She has also had over a weeks rest which is important given how old she is. Petrova has played a lot more tennis, 19 matches since the US Open. She isn't in great shape coming into this - last week she had to pull out of her semi in Philly with a heel injury - she also had her thigh heavily strapped and her chest. Davenport needs to get off to a good start as she knows the importance of winning the group - and more than likely avoiding Clijsters in the semi final.

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov She is 1.44 @ B365 (best price by a mile) to win 2-0 which may be a worthwhile pick given the state Petrova is in. Or 1.22 to win the first set (again best price @ B365). Those close ones were quite a while ago and since then there have been two clear wins.;)

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov Will Pierce win 2-0? NO @ 1.546 Pinnacle 5.49pts The last two times these lades have played were in big matches in the US Open and Fed Cup final this year. Both were tight and went to 3 sets (Pierce winning in US and Dementieva in Fed Cup). Again, I see this one being really close. Piece winning yesterday has shortened her price but does it really make her more likely to win? She beat an injured Clijsters (hamstring) and a pretty long match makes me think she could be a little tired coming into this (she has suffered with fitness/fatigue for a while). If Elena serves not terrible and makes Pierce having to play a lot of balls and I certinaly don't see Pierce winning 2-0.

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov My picks for today are

Davenport

Was not playing too good against Schnyder but it was enough to succeed. To really trust her, she has to get more stable and has to find to her constant form. If so, odds of around 1,50 against Sharapova are Ok, but not good

Dementieva

Was really playing bad tennis, she could not find into the game, and seemed not really focosed on winning every point as it usually is the case...

This could be a great match if Dementieva can find her usual form, but in case of that there is still her MARVELLOUS serve, (which actually was not too bad in her last match)

Mauresmo played very concentrated, she is in a great form at the moment, and if she can hold that level she should beat struggling Dementieva, although the odds are not too good

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov SCHNYDER v Petrova @ 2.03 Pinnacle 2.91pts I'm not feeling these prices at all. These two met in a final a couple of weeks ago (you will recall I was on Schnyder not to win 2-0) where Schnyder went off as a strong favourite. Schnyder dominated and was a set and a break up before she exploded which allowed Petrova (who didn't play very well) to win and pick up her first title. Since then injury concerns have grown for Petrova and I certainly she Schnyder as the favourite for this one. Schyder has lost her first two matches but she played OK and they were both close matches. You could say that she has nothing to play for now, which is true, but I say that the pressure is off which will be a big help. Petrova lost her first match against Davenport, the score wasn't too bad but I thought the performance was.

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov DAVENPORT v Sharapova @ 1.53 StanJames 5.66pts Very unconvinced by Sharapova. Still think she's carrying an injury and the lack of match practice is very evident. Davenport has looked good in the matches she has played so far and should be able to dominate with serve and from the back. Only worry is that she doesn't 'need' to win and 3 matches in 3 days could be a problem for her, but she has been comfortable in her matches so far and I'm willing to take that risk.

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov Will Mauresmo win 2-0? NO @ 1.741 Pinnacle I was on Mauresmo in this match up on Sunday and what a crap match it turned out to be! Mauresmo was best price 1.67 last week and is now best price 1.5:unsure . Because she lost serve 100 times compared to Dementievas 101?:unsure I don't like that. Odds of 3.00 are good for Elena here but I don't trust her to win the match. However, I do like her odds for taking a set (just like I did against Pierce:$ ). Will Mauresmo be totally up for this after the huge win against Clijsters (just like Pierce was:$ )? I don't think there is a need for technical analysis in this one as we saw how it should match up just 4 days ago:ok

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov After seeing Mauresmo beat Dementieva at the weekend it seems to me that Dementieva has big problems in crucial service games she had a chance to serve out the match and lost the game to luv. When it comes down to it her serve really sucks one second serve didn't even register a speed if she manages to sort out her serve she will be an excellent player,forehand is total class! I can't see Mauresmo playing as bad again especially after beating Clijsters:cry Bet 365 have Mauresmo @1.44 which is more the sort of price she really should have been last week (i got 1.72:tongue2 ) Think i'll take 1.44 as Mauresmo has a big psycological advantage.:hope

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov The trouble of betting on dead rubbers. Petrova currently leads 1-0 in sets over Sharapova after winning the first set 6-1. Maria's already qualified so why should she bother? If she loses, the worst that happens is she faces Mary Pierce. I assume she's more confident of a match-up against Mary Pierce than about facing off against Amelie Mauresmo.

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov DAVENPORT v Pierce @ 1.505 Pinnacle 5.94pts H2H is 8-3 to Davenport with Pierces wins being twice of clay and once at the Aussie Open in 1993 when Davenport was a nobody. So far this week they've both played alright, except both a bit poor in there last matches. There was concerns before the start about Pierce playing so many tough matches in a short space of time - she's coming off a pretty tough 3 setter against Mauresmo yesterday (emotionally aswell as they are friends). Davenport has had a day off and should be fresher. These two play a similar sort of baseline power game and you have to feel Davenport simply does it better - better serve and more power from the back.

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov SHARAPOVA v Mauresmo @ 1.625 Pinnacle 4.8pts Not impressed with Mauresmo so far. She's got the results to get through but has looked very shaky whenever any pressure has been applied. Is she playing well? I don't think so, she's beaten an injured Clijsters and a truly awful Dementieva (who is now 0-12:eek in sets for the past 2 end of year championships) and fell apart against Pierce. I've been surprised by Maria, didn't think she would be bringing much to this tournament. However, she got past Schyder then delivered against Davenport. She took the night off against Petrova yesterday so should be rested for this one. PS. How come these matches are evening UK time whilst all the groups matches were through the night?:\

Re: WTA Tour Champs starting Wed 9th Nov I think there is quite a bit of value in this final: Will Pierce win 2-0? NO @ 1.575 Pinnacle MAURESMO v Pierce @ 2.48 Pinnacle These two Frenchies met in the group stage and Pierce won in 3 sets after Mauresmo was a set and a break up. I can't decide if she let off the gas to conserve energy or if it was more a mental breakdown as I'm sure it wasn't down to the play of Pierce. That time it was a genuine 50/50 market and as you can see this time it has shifted a hell of a lot. I don't think much of that is justified. Perhaps Mauresmo should be 2.2 but no more than that. In her semi Pierce was holding and stretching her groin a lot in the latter stages. I've no idea what that was or if she will be affected today, but I'm sure Mauresmo will be coming into this in much better physical condition. We know Mauresmo is a choker in big time matches - but I think this could be better for her playing someone she knows so well. Oh Amelie:tongue2:).