ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Utterly disgraceful performance by Ginepri, 3-0 up and loses 12 of the next 14 games. Something is wrong there. Will NEVER back him again after that. Very expensive. Starting bank: 100 pts. Profit/Loss: - 10.06 pts Current bank: 89.94 pts Ljuby/Stepanek double won.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Still so annoyed by Ginepri. Just about had enough. All in on Berdych. Berdych to bt Gaudio 4/6 Paddy Power No contest on normal hard court form. Berdych outlasted Ferrero, who is a better hard court player than Gaudio. Gaudio is battling for Shanghai, but Berdych will have too much for him, should he try, unlike Ginepri, the tosser. 60 pts

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Ginepri was booed off the court, and rightly so. BERDYCH v Gaudio @ 1.617 Pinnacle 4.86pts How lucky has Gaudio been? Bloody hell, it's just like RG2004:lol. If Berdych wants to play tomorrow, I don't see this as a contest. He hits harder from the back, much stronger on the serve and should have far too much. LJUBICIC v Robredo @ 1.22 PaddyPower 13.64pts Super Ljub was very strong today against Johansson. Cannot see him being broken by anyone outside the top 2 in the rankings:tongue2. Has a great H2H here and beat up Robredo a few weeks ago. Robredo say he doesn't like playing against big servers:rollin:rollin:rollin. Bye Bye Tommy. RODDICK v Ferrer @ 1.14 Pinnacle 21.43pts:eek How good was Roddick tonight? I expect a similar match up against Ferrer and to be honest it could be a similar scoreline. Roddick hasn't been broken for months, should be far too strong. Anything above 1.10 is good IMO. Interesting that davydenko is drifting on Betfair, will look tomorrow, could be a nice price.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Well, "in hindsight" it was the first ever time I backed Ginepri and will need a longish layoff before I decide to back Mr Inconsistent again.:( Great odds on Berdych tomorrow, best in this part of season:)

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Hands up, those who followed me on Ginepri! Someone must have jinxed that useless twat! :rollin In all honesty, it's crap like that(oh, and his straight set loss to Phau not-too-long-ago in Tokyo) which makes this bastard such an unbackable proposition - he's simply a disgrace to American sports! Never seen a more cowardly performance from an American athlete in a long time - quite how he threw away a 3-1 lead in the first set is unfathomable! :@

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Morning folks. Bloody typical.... Have a good double yesterday morning, state I'll be looking into Ferrer, Ljubicic and Stepanek later, get called into work and do nothing about it before I leave!!!! :@ Then again it also meant I missed the Ginepri shambles as I would probably have been on him! Anyway. On to today. Unusual but I can see clear winners in all 4 of the quarter finals. DAVYDENKO v Stepanek @ 5/6 Stepanek could grind out a result here however I still think that if the real Davydenko turns up then he has enough to win the match comfortably. Excellent against Rusedski, average against Tursunov. I'm willing to take the risk at these odds that the positive side will arrive on court today! LJUBICIC and RODDICK speak for themselves and will be far too strong for Robredo and Ferrer. Expect both to be straight sets. BERDYCH v Gaudio @ 8/13 As above Berdych should have too much power for Gaudio. No real contest on paper and decent odds to boot! Too straight forward?!!!! Unusual day of taking a 4-fold at small stakes along with a larger single on Berdych. Good luck.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Still not sure about the Stepanek/Davydenko game. Didn't see Davy yesterday but apparently he was terrible. Also had a shoulder rub with lots of rumours now about a shoulder injury. On the other hand Stepanek played pretty well yesterday, obviously loves it here. But Davydenko destroyed Rusedski and you have to imagine he could hit lots of passing shots if Step decides to attack (which he probably will). From the back of the court clearly Davydenko is superior but Stepanek has the groudies that make you go mental:wall . That doesn't seem to have happened to Davy in the past as he is 3-1 H2H. I think is will be wise to see how they start off and see what the prices are at 2-2 or 3-3 (assuming it goes to that). The prices taken last night on Roddick and Ljubicic don't appear to be available anymore so I'm pleased with that:D

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Sick of match betting for once, will just stick up a bet for the tournament outright winner... Roddick to win Paris Masters Chelsea to beat Man Utd 77.20pts @ 5.10 (William Hill) Roddick is a class act and is obviously heads and shoulders above everyone else left in the tourny IMO - Ljubicic is the only one who should challenge him if A-Rod doesn't self-destruct and I feel Roddick will have too much for the Croat(and I must stress Ljubicic's clearly not someone I'd put in Roddick's class - he's merely someone in form) even if they were to meet so long as Roddick doesn't throw up another display similar to the one against Dent. As for Chelsea, refer to the football threads for explanation but it's basically licence to print money IMO. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 77.20pts Profit/Loss : -22.80pts

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters I would have to somewhat echo Mr Intensity's view re: Stepanek/Davydenko, Shedboy. Davydenko has got a shoulder injury, he was discussing it in his post-match interview. How bad it is is up for debate. Odds on Stepanek have been dropping since last night, not that these things are always a good indicator. Also Davydenko is almost certain of qualifying for Shanghai, and in his interview he kept going on about how his shoulder needs rest. What better opportunity than to drop today's match and rest up for Shanghai? You never know with Davy, could be a thinly veiled ruse to increase his odds for his Russian chums to bet on.. Expect some trainer visits for Davy today, anyhow.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters For today my picks are: Stepanek, with high stakes I know that this is quite risky but Stepanek convinced me in the last matches, Davy made too many faults and his injury may be another factor Gaudio, low stakes Robredo will take the 2nd set vs Ljubi, maybe he will take the game, If Gaudio wins he leads with a few points ahead Its just a try...

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters What an effort by Roddick:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Early on I thought he had a cold/bug (as posted above:$) but he had a back injury which surverely affected his movement for the whole match. He just dug in, and played a cracker in the end. Won a final set tiebreak including saving a match point on Ferrers serve with a great great forehand:). Ljubicic looked very tired in his match against Robredo today. Don't think he'll be at 100% tomorrow either. How the hell can you price up that match?:unsure The opening market will be very interesting and I doubt the prices will be the same 5 minutes before the match;).

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Edtkh's double was skating on very very thin ice there with Roddick! I think he was running to the net to shake hands when Ferrer missed that simple volley to break in the second set. Would've packed it in then. Still must be debatable how much of a match he can play tomorrow. Ljubicic just keeps going and going. He is used to being knackered! He just carries on. A close thing certainly. I would have to favour Ljuby if Roddick's back doesn't get better, which it probably won't have time to before tomorrow.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Gaudio did what he should have done last night, lost the tight first set and then gave up. The memory of Ginepri is but a distant one. Good boy Berdych. Starting bank: 100 pts Profit: +29.94 pts Current bank: 129.94 pts Agree that is interesting re:bookies' prices for tomorrow. Both difficult to call.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Time for a big update: GINEPRI v Verdasco @ 1.645 Pinnacle 4.65pts :D WON profit 3pts HRBATY v Lisnard @ 1.323 Pinnacle 9.29pts :D WON profit 3pts VLIEGEN v Johansson @ 4.8 Pinnacle Johansson 2-1 @ 4.82 Betfair (after com) @ 2.4 2.14pts :@ LOST loss 2.14pts NALBANDIAN v Haas @ 1.4 Coral 7.5pts :@ LOST loss 7.5pts JOHANSSON v Ljubicic @ 2.90 Pinnacle 1.58pts :@ LOST loss 1.58pts RODDICK v Hrbaty @ 1.22 StanJames 13.64pts :D WON profit 3pts BERDYCH v Ferrero @ 1.89 Betfair 3.53pts :D WON profit 3pts STEPANEK v Mathieu @ 1.57 Centrebet 5.26pts :D WON profit 3pts GINEPRI v Gaudio @ 1.36 BlueSq 8.33pts :@ LOST loss 8.33pts BERDYCH v Gaudio @ 1.617 Pinnacle 4.86pts :D WON profit 3pts LJUBICIC v Robredo @ 1.22 PaddyPower 13.64pts :D WON profit 3pts RODDICK v Ferrer @ 1.14 Pinnacle 21.43pts :D WON profit 3pts STEPANEK v Davydenko @ 2.02 Betfair 3.08pts :D WON profit 3pts Amazingly, even after backing knackered players, injured players and mother****ers who don't try (Mr N and Mr G): Weekly record Staked: 143.98pts Profit: 3.06pts Yield: 2.13% I need to sort things out before the start of next season. Stop backing these cunts:wall

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters Ljubicic starting to shorten on Betfair, matched at 1.67. You have to wait really and see how the match starts - unless of course there is a big shift in price. BERDYCH v Stepanek @ 2.22 Pinnacle 2.46pts Fancy the Bird man in this one. Let's face it, both are playing very well in this tournament. I think the way to beat Stepanek here is to really go for him. Lots of power off every shot and accurate passing when he's at the net. Berdych has the ideal game to do that. Big concern is that Stepanek will be able to play mind games with him young compatriot. Nevertheless, I see this as close to the dreaded 50/50:unsure.

Re: ATP Tennis starting 31st Oct - Paris Masters

Ljubicic looked very tired in his match against Robredo today. Don't think he'll be at 100% tomorrow either. How the hell can you price up that match?:unsure The opening market will be very interesting and I doubt the prices will be the same 5 minutes before the match;).
Don't get carried away, guys - there might not even be a match to talk about here, nevermind a 'close contest'. Afterall, Ljubicic - in spite of his brilliant recent ATP and Davis Cup form - was so horrendous not too long ago when he lost in straight sets to Spadea who is struggling to win a match all year... But I remain convinced Roddick will emerge the victor. :nana