The New Links ^^^^

Paul and others. I like them, but the drop down interferes with anything else on the screen. I use the 'path links' to navigate through the forum, but because those links are activated by mouse 'hover' rather than click it is much more awkward. They also have a strange effect on the banner ads above the forums main page. I've got a screen shot if you need it. I think the links are very useful, but at the moment I'm not a fan.

Re: The New Links ^^^^ It is miles away if you want to look at it from that point of view. Have to be honest Paul, I wouldn´t have a clue about how to send you a screenshot anyway:$ Point is when scrolling quickly to the top then going anywhere you DO get these annoying drop downs. Always just put up with them and wouldn´t have given it a thought if someone else hadn´t mentioned it. Not really that bothered but just wanted to agree that they are annoying.:\

Re: The New Links ^^^^ No worries Gaz, screenshot is done by pressing Print Screen which is usually to the right of F12 on the keyboard and then go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Paint and press Control and V at same time to paste it in, then save it as a gif below and it's done. :) Sounds like a bit of lazyitis is creeping in here. :lol You can easily go around them and believe me they are very popular, and needed for PL as we don't have any other way of showing newbies the sites they should be using. They only dropdown if you hover over them, but I've put a fair sized gap either side to avoid you needing to get too close. ;)

Re: The New Links ^^^^ " Sounds like a bit of lazyitis is creeping in here. :lol" Too fcuking right!!:lol But, it's your own fault for having it so user-friendly in the first place. I've sent an e-mail with a cropped screenshot, Paul. If you say balls to ya, thats the way it is, then I can't really argue. I could start 50 threads saying what I like about the site, but wheres the fun in that?:notworthy;) I'm sure you'd rather have constructive observations though, lazyitis or not. I have every intention to check out the links, because they look as though they'll be really useful. :ok

Re: The New Links ^^^^

I'm sure you'd rather have constructive observations though, lazyitis or not.
Of course, it's the only way PL can move forward you lazy git. ;)
I have every intention to check out the links, because they look as though they'll be really useful.
Any more you want added let me know and I've replied to your email with what I see and I suspect what most do as they use IE. ;)

Of course, it's the only way PL can move forward you lazy git. ;) Any more you want added let me know and I've replied to your email with what I see and I suspect what most do as they use IE. ;)
Absolutely spot on. :\ I use firefox to save my taskbar getting cluttered-that 'open in new tab' function is really practical, but sometimes it just seems more trouble than its worth. I do feel a bit of a cnut, but thanks for the e-mail and prompt response. You should take this up for a living y'know. You're quite good at it. :lol :lol :lol

• 3 weeks later...

They're still annoying me!:wall
me too dave :wall as I use the "new posts" facility mostly, which is smack bang centre screen, so I have to go round them, but however hard I try to drag the cursor around the fookin things, I always seem to catch the corner of one and down drops the bloody menu :wall :lol

I think Paul gets 20p everytime we click on a link.....He must be loaded by noe Bloody things lol ;)
Can we stop these rumours please. :lol We have enough with other forums saying I drink all the profits. :loon But then again the mods can see bank statements anytime they wish to prove that's a lie. ;);)