NZ NPC Final

This has a spooky similarity to last weeks semifinal (see NPC Semifinal thread below). Auckland opened at 1.35 v Otago 3.00 and have now gone out to 1.45 v 2.65. IMO Auckland definitely has it all over Otago in the backs right through 9 to 15 and in the goalkicking department. I would give Otago a slight edge in the forwards but not by much and maybe an edge in general kicking. The weather conditions are overcast and there has been some rain in the last couple of days but underfoot conditions should still be ok. Looking at the two squads Auckland has 12 past or present All Black squad members v Otago's 5. With the All Black squad of 35 to tour up North picked tomorrow I would guess that approx 8 will be from Auckland v 5 from Otago. These stats would suggest that Auckland is the stronger team and at home you would have to favour them. I would expect territory to end up similar with possession maybe favouring Otago say 55/45. If Auckland can get close to 50% possession I believe they will dominate this game. 1pt Aucland to win @ 1.45 (NZTab) 1pt Auckland -7.5 @ 1.95 (Centrebet) 1pt Auckland to score 1st @ 1.70 (Centrebet) Cheers CK

Re: NZ NPC Final Result Auckland 39-11 :D Auckland got a lot more possession than I thought they would and on the back of that dominated territory as well. Goalkicking from both teams was poor (early missed penalty by Auckland cost me on first scoring team play). Had to be impressed by the sheer pace of that Auckland backline and in the end they just had too much class across the park for Otago. Can't believe the generous prices and margins set on Auckland over the last couple of weeks. :beer CK