** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Fridays Racing

Will keep this seperate from my thread regarding the a/w and NH season. This weather is doing my bets in, but I am due a change of luck this week, and this could be the day to do it. 3:10 Newmarket Be brief about this, but a proud day for me as Presto Shinko steps up to Group 3 class. I will enjoy watching whatever he achieves at this level and owes me nothing at all. As to the chances of winning, not great, but it is soft ground, no Hughes (Contracted to Abdulla and therefore Camacho), nor Moore who has always usually ridden The Taitling and takes the ride on that here. Munro has shown himself to be a very able jockey though. The gulf between top handicap sprinters and Listed and Group sprinters is not that wide, and the ground is always a leveller, look at the big sprint today won at 50/1 so we are not without a chance. With a serious chance, Quito should in theory be there, but like Indian Maiden today, I just get the impression that he has had enough for the season. He should really have finished a lot closer than he did on those last two runs. At a big price, The Kiddykid won a group 2 at the beginning of the season on soft ground at York. Though he hasn't progressed this season, the yard had been well out of form (1/62 August, 1/33 September) but just coming back to some sort of form currently. First time since that york run it has had its conditions, and though has to shoulder a group penalty he could provide a bit of a shock. For me a sentimental e/w bet on Presto Shinko from the winnings this horse has earnt me this year, and a speculative one on The Kiddykid. 3:45 Newmarket A confirmed mud lover in Kings Caprice should mean a good run on this soft going at the track. Not really had the going this year, and tried at 6f a lot, which is just too sharp for it. This is the first time all season it has had 7f and soft ground. Got the easyish going last time, but swerved right at the start and could neverget going after that. Trainer had stated that this horse needs to get its own way and have a bit of freedom, something it never got. Ideal conditions and off a mark where there are no excuses, if the 14/1 is real, we have got a good price. 4:20 Newmarket A novelty claimer as the horses are better than the usual standard, and so is the prize money. A horse I have been trying to get to win ever since I saw it at Newmarket on the July course is Topkat. Was never given a chance that day off a slow pace, stuck at the back. After that it was well punted for a race at Brighton, where we got beaten a short head by a 100/1 shot, who has since finished 9th of 10, 12th of 12 and 12th of 13. Don't you just hate that!! Next time it wemt off a fancied faourite again, but could only manage third in a Amateur rider event. You always have to be a bit careful studying the form of these types of races, and it does seem it was given too much to do on a tricky track to make up a lot of ground. Back on a soft surface will be very interesting as this horse won on its only try on anything remotely softish when at Salisbury. It could just see a bit more improvement in the horse and is therefore entitled to go close again. A fair e/w bet. 4:55 Newmarket Another mudlark in Zero Tolerance who if getting out from the stalls ok, and not slipping up, could be difficult to pass. There are a few in the race that like to sit prominent, but nothing that has to lead. With an uncontested lead, this has the chance to grind the opposition into the ground again. Handles the track as won over c/d at the end of last year. Callan takes the ride for the first time but he is a very shrewd jockey and a good one from the front. Didn't quite seem right in himself in the summer, but a bit of time might of freshened him up and if so will be hard to pass. Another e/w. 5:35 Redcar Got stitched up by this horse, but I am sure by sticking with it we will have a very big payday. That horse is Abstract Folly. Won pretty impressively to me when dropping in trip to a mile at Carlisle. Coming through the pack late to pick up the leaders and pull clear. Being a maiden it was sure to come on and improve for getting its head in front. I was amazed when it ran next time that it was priced at 16/1, and duly plunged in. I was even more surprised when the jockey pushed it out into the lead, and tried to make all in a 17 runner handicap over 2f further than he had just won at. Needless to say it ended up tailed off 2nd last. This horse had never led in its life. Running through the brief comments of each one, and i see, held up and behind feturing on most of its runs. So why the hell was it front running in such a competitive race!?!?! This to me is just a blatent case of cheating. But I hope we can put it to our benefit. The horse drops a furlong, and also drops in class back to level 6. A change of jockey also see's Caitlin taking the ride who is not so bad. He has a decent and profitable record at the track over the last 5 years. Forecast 14/1, if this is a trier that is a very good price. Remember, have some fun with the multiple bets, may just get summat good running up. Good luck whatever you back :D