Help required regarding Early Payout (2 Goals Up) Promotion

I'm having a debate with a pal regarding the Early Payout (2 goals up) promotion that most bookies offer however I'm looking at the Bet365 version (which doesn't charge punters margin) and pays out at full price if your team goes 2 goals up.

The question we are debating is would it make any difference at all if this offer were to include Live betting too.. for example, you bet on a home team when they are winning 1-0 and you get instantly paid out if they score the next goal? Could that be abused?

What do we think?

1 hour ago, rustyfishhook said:

I'm looking at the Bet365 version (which doesn't charge punters margin) and pays out at full price if your team goes 2 goals up

I see they now offer enhanced prices that the offer doesn’t apply to so they also have a two-tier pricing system where you only get the offer on the shorter price. They’re still betting to a tighter margin than those firms who quote a shorter price for the offer though.

1 hour ago, rustyfishhook said:

The question we are debating is would it make any difference at all if this offer were to include Live betting too.. for example, you bet on a home team when they are winning 1-0 and you get instantly paid out if they score the next goal? Could that be abused?

Well I suspect it would be an even better offer for punters and a much worse one for the bookie. As it stands the offer is only triggered where a team goes 2-up. It’s much more likely to be triggered if it applies to teams who are already 1 up going on to score the next goal. I suspect it wouldn’t be financially viable to apply the offer in those circumstances.

In terms of being abused I leave that to more devious minds than mine! But I guess if you backed the team to win when 1 up and the other team to score the next goal you would get a payout whichever team scored next or if there was no further goals so, depending on the prices at the time, that could guarantee a profit.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.