PR, Jeffers & Kotp hit The Gutshot!

Sir Puntalot

It's 2 weeks on the bounce we have been to The Gutshot Poker club, which is in Clerkenwell Road, London. It looks very nice on the website (www.gutshot.com), but is smaller than the impression the website gives. However, it is perfect for poker, with it all being very intimate and certainly intimidating, if you are not used to it. The first week was very nerve wracking because you are simply not used to playing "live" poker, and you do feel very disorientated, but you get over that. They don't play NL cash tables, it's all Pot Limit, which is the best of the limit games and the pots can get very high anyway, as you can raise whatever is in the pot. I was chuffed to come out with £87 profit on my first visit, Jeffers did his bollox :lol and Kotp played very well (we're all new to live poker btw), winning £280! :eek We went back last night and played some more, I got roped in early and it was a hand I just had to keep going with, but it lost and half of my starting £200 was gone. :( I started to get it back slowly but surely, got back up to around £170 and was stuck around that for some time. Then came the monster hand. :loon I was holding 6s 7s and the flop was 8 9 10 :eek. I'm thinking, check it and slow play it on the turn and the river. Now I was surprised to see that I had someone very keen in this hand, and who the fcuk was it? You guessed it, Jeffers! :lol I'm thinking he has 2 pair, maybe 3 of a kind, so obviously sitting with a straight, I'm loving it and we're both putting big bets in and the pot is about £350 with both of us all in. He's only holding JQ! :cry I don't think I had a choice really, would any of you played it any differently?:sad

Re: PR, Jeffers & Kotp hit The Gutshot! For me personally Paul if someone had raised and reraised when 8 9 10 was on the flop I would have to assume that they were holding top straight and would probably have folded. However I also understand it would be very temtping to play it out and go all in.

Re: PR, Jeffers & Kotp hit The Gutshot! Not sure you can get away from the hand. Theres only one 2 hands that beat you (QJ and J7) and as long as it all went in on the flop Id go with it. Especially as it was Jeffers cos you probly wanted to take him down as well :lol I think youd have to know your player pretty good to lay that down. But as for your thinking ill check this AND slowplay it on turn as well. I would never do that, you could very well be stuffed if a Jack or Queen comes out. Put a bet out there and make the people holding jacks and queens pay to try to suck out. If you bet out on flop and turn its unlikely anyone will think you have a straight and youll be getting maximum value on your flopped straight.

Re: PR, Jeffers & Kotp hit The Gutshot!

For me personally Paul if someone had raised and reraised when 8 9 10 was on the flop I would have to assume that they were holding top straight and would probably have folded. However I also understand it would be very temtping to play it out and go all in.
Although not a poker player for long, i would entirely agree...

Re: PR, Jeffers & Kotp hit The Gutshot! Fair enough if you do lay it down, its a good lay down. But in cash games you can afford to take some risks cos you can always come back unlike a tournament. A flopped straight when theres no 3 flush on the board is a bloody hard thing to get away from. I have to say though I dont know big the stacks were and the pot as well as the bets at certain times which has a definite impact. If I bet and were raised, so then re-raised myself and THEN got re-raised, yeah id think thats what he had. But by then with the pot may have been so large it may not have taekn much more to call anyway.