Shanghai Masters 2024

Ronnie O'Sullivan has won the Shanghai Masters for the last 4 consecutive times. He's made no secret to the fact that he prefers to play out in China, where he treated like royalty and his results show that. Not to mention the extra money that he receives. However, I can't be having him at 3/1 and he's up against a tricky first round opponent (likely Anda)

I wonder how Allen will come back this season after absolutely bottling the Worlds match against John Higgins and he's in the bottom half of the draw where he could potentially play John in the Semi-Finals. I'm going with Allen in the bottom half and in the top half I'll take a chance on the winner of Ding and Carter.

2pts M.Allen 10/1 WillHill
----------------------------------------------
1pt e/w Ding 18/1 Bet365
1pt e/w Carter 33/1 WillHill

Good to see Carter get straight into it with a 6-0 win. I'm going with 2 for the rest of the matches today. I think Higgins will have a good tournament this week. I was tempted to even have him up as an outright pick but I think Allen will be inspired after the Worlds. I also think Hawkins isn't playing well enough to be 8/13 and in China, Yuelong may have the opportunity to win this one

2.5pts Higgins -2.5 to beat Hoatian 6/5 Paddypower
2pts Yuelong to beat Hawkins 5/4 Paddypower

glad to see that the good matches are at 12:30 tomorrow (UK time) Ding V Carter and Trump v Williams.

I'm tempted to go with Gary Wilson to beat Junxu but I think the price is probably about right

The one I will take is Jiahui to beat Brecel. The semi-final of the Worlds was the last time they played and Jiahui led 14-5 at one point in that one (losing 17-15) If we add to that, that Jiahui is in China and Brecel has to travel and climatise (whilst Jiahui has already won a match) and also the fact that Brecel has not played in 3 months. 

2.5pts Jiahui to beat Brecel 6/5 Bet365

Jiahui with a solid win over Brecel.

Just the one bet for tomorrow and it's Higgins to beat Murphy. Higgins looked really good in the last round, winning 6-1. He hit 2 centuries and 3 50+ breaks in that match. We've not seen Murphy yet. We saw with Brecel that it can take a bit of time to get into things. Since the Worlds, where Murphy got to the Last 16, Murphy has had a decent Championship league this season but Higgins has won 4 of the last 6 and I think he has an advantage, having played already here. 

2.5pts Higgins to beat Murphy 4/5 Paddypower

no joy with Higgins. Murphy is playing some really good stuff again. He was 22/1 to win the UK Championship last night.

Anyway, no bet for today but hoping Ding can beat Ronnie. 

19 minutes ago, chris666 said:

Should be a cracker today between Ding and Ronnie, i've gone -2.5 for Ron @2.10 at 365, doubled with Judd -2.5 also at 1.83

Good Luck all

certainly looking good so far (2-0) 

Ding always seems to be so overawed when he plays Ronnie. 

2 hours ago, chris666 said:

Would love to see Judd beat Ronnie, and it's not out of the realms of possibility, but I think Ronnie will turn on a show today, so in saying that Ron to win by -1.5 @1.90 at 365

Good luck all

Wow, Trump looks very good today, he might just beat his Ronnie hoodoo, who'd a thunk it he'd be 5-1 up

I watched Ronnie couple times and he didn’t look that good to be fair so could be an element of that, also. Murphy looks very good right now so that should be a close final