Tennis Tips - June 17 - June 23

Elise Mertens to beat Caroline Wozniacki at 1.57 with Bet365

Wozniacki hasn't played on grass since 2019, and I don't think that she'll be able to deal with Mertens if the latter players at least like she did against Osaka in her previous match. Mertens has more than enough power for this match-up, and that should be the crucial factor.

Amelia Rajecki (+5.5) to beat Diana Shnaider at 1.66 with Unibet

Rajecki seems to be an exciting UK prospect, as she produced two massive upsets in the qualifiers here against Volynets and Yafan Wang. Shnaider is middling on grass, and she tends not to be focused when a big favorite, so the handicap line looks like a must-bet to me here.

58 minutes ago, Striker said:

Fascinated to see how Alex Michelsen gets on tomorrow against Berrettini having won both his qualifying matches at the weekend in straight sets

Played the 250-1 outright...just in case with Bet 365

Well I threw some small change on him for my sins but I'm not that confident! 😁

Can we make it 3/3?

Yulia Putintseva to beat Anhelina Kalinina at 1.80 with William Hill

Kalinina has stated, several times, that she hates the grass court part of the season, and Putintseva has made serious - and surprising - progress this season, so I like the odds for her here. I also fairly liked her performance against Burel - nothing excellent, but very consistent, and Kalinina might not be 100% determined.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:32 PM, Striker said:

Fascinated to see how Alex Michelsen gets on tomorrow against Berrettini having won both his qualifying matches at the weekend in straight sets

Played the 250-1 outright...just in case with Bet 365

Should have won opening set from 4-1 up but lost the tie break and folded tamely in the second set

Anastasia Potapova to beat Barbora Krejcikova at 1.83 with Unibet

I'm just not convinced that Krejcikova's comeback is on already, she's yet to face good opposition this week, and Potapova has been way better all season long. Krejcikova is still getting a whole lot of credit for her ranking and history, but she is yet to appear in form in 2024.

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Oscar Otte to beat Juncheng Shang at 1.88 with Unibet

Otte seems to be way more at ease on grass than Shang, better results, good odds. The change from Halle to Eastbourne should probably help Shang a little bit, but not enough for this to be near 50/50 imo.

Also there were some weird odds movements in Shang's last match. He went from a decent favourite to a decent dog before the off and then lost in straight sets from a break up in the first. Whether that was to do with a suggestion of some sort of injury I'm not sure, but it's very rare to see odds swap over like that.

Edited by Torque