"CASH OUT" - NOW or NEVER?

I am not sure if the above topic has been discussed in PL forum?

Prior to Covid, I placed my bets in my local bookies - Ladbrokes and BETFRED.
When the dreaded Covid hit our shores and lockdown was introduced, I decided to open a few accounts with online bookmakers for the first time ever, as all bookmakers shops closed.

Over the last couple of years I had the opportunity to "cash out" and at the start I was very wary of it? but I have made decisions on accepting "cash out" and other times I have let my bet(s) run.

The results have been mixed - accepting "cash out" and bet goes on to win - refusing "cash out" offer and bet losses, a few of them being football accas.

Saturday 11th November, I placed a £5 e/w double - odds were 18/1 and 20/1 - the 18/1 shot wins and bet 365 offer me a "cash out" of £106 - potential returns £2,225 - I decide to let my bet run - my 20/1 shot is running in the November handicap paying 4 places - my horse finishes 8th - so e/w double is gubbed.

I would be interested to know from PL forum what your thoughts are on "Cashing Out" your bet(s)?
I understand it can go one way or another? Is it a benefit to punters or is it another way for the bookies to cover there potential losses?

Thank you in advance.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.