First Live Experience

WorkingForTheEnemy

Ive just got back from my first live game. Our local dog track(Harlow) hired out the room to Jenningspoker on a trial basis. Buyin was £20 with rebuys and add on but if you bought the ticket in advance the original buyin was only £10. Around 70 odd entrants and after rebuys and add ons the prize pool was £2520. £500 went to paying the dealers leaving a total pool of £2020. Prizes paid out for the top 9. Started with 1000 chips and by the end of the first hour was on 2700. I hadnt had to rebuy at all so decided to buy an extra 2000 chips for £20 at the end of the hour. I managed to make it to the final table(9 people) in 8th position with 9000 chips. Won a few small hands but not much and soon found myself with 6000 with the blinds standing at that and only 2 hands away.(7 players left by now) I got dealt K9 and went all in. I was checked by the big blind holding Q 10. Hit an 9 on the flop and doubled up. Won a few more hands and found myself in the last four. Blinds 12,000 + 6,000, on the small blind I get dealt K8. Fold, fold,I call and the big blind checks. Flop comes K 10 2. I raise 12,000(about half my stack) and the big blind pushes all in. Now I figure he'd raise pre flop with a decent pair or an ace so I figured he may have K with a higher kicker but thats the max. Holding top pair so I call. BB turns over 10 2 and the rest is history. Only thing I can see I could have done different is raised preflop with the K8. Anyway, went out in 4th and got £150 leaving me £120 in profit. All in all a great night and would definatly do it again, simply made sweeter by winning some cash. In fact they're holding them Wednesdays and Thursdays so we may go back next Wednesday.

Re: First Live Experience I did see less flops personally but I dont know if that was just because I played tighter not wanting to go out right at the start, being my first time. 1st two levels were both 30mins and then 20min levels after that. I originally thought that was long, being used to 10 min levels, but you see far fewer hands playing live so you need the levels to be longer.

Re: First Live Experience Congratulations WFTE - excellent result for your first live experience :clap Yes I definetly would have raised your K8 preflop just to try and steal the blind but the guy still might have called (depending on the raise of course). I keep meaning to try playing live but seem to be too busy playing on t'internet!