That was interesting...

brael

I entered Inside Edges' promotional competition on Pacific Poker tonight. It was aimed at first time players to the site with a chance to qualify for the final when there will be a trip to Las Vegas for 2 up for grabs (10th wedding anniversary coming up... I'm desperate and skint!). The top 10 finishers qualify and there are small cash prizes too... only 5 players entered tonights satellite! I'm checking that we did all qualify but it was a bit farcical. I got down to the last 2 but you could sense that no-one was really interested. However, I got $6 credited to my account and I've just made a couple of quid on Rosenberg too so I'm pretty chuffed! :D

Re: That was interesting... Um.....just found that tourney - it only lists a seat for first place...... This seems to be confirmed by going to the final - You (TheFroob if you finished 2nd) aren't in it, but Lazke who won is........... sorry mate :sad

Re: That was interesting...

Um.....just found that tourney - it only lists a seat for first place...... This seems to be confirmed by going to the final - You (TheFroob if you finished 2nd) aren't in it, but Lazke who won is........... sorry mate :sad
Nah... I was in under my usual handle of brael and the player that took me out isn't called Lazke either. Interestingly the table isn't there anymore and only came on-line 2 hours before play started. It was limited to new downloads so that may explain any probs in finding the thing. I've already sent them an e-mail asking for confirmation. The rules did state that the top 10 finishers in each satellite progress to the final. I'll let you know how I get on.

Re: That was interesting... :@ ... should have seen this one coming...

Dear Brian, Thank you for contacting Pacific Poker. Brian, I have located your account and can see that you managed to enter and finish second in the Inside Edge Tournament played on Pacific Poker. Please note that this Tournament was not a Satellite Tournament, and there is not a next round. I would like to congratulate you on the $6 prize you received for placing second in this Tournament. If you require further assistance in this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us - we are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Kind regards, Jonathan P. Member Support Representative Pacific Poker [email protected]
I wouldn't be too concerned if it wasn't for the bit that says 'this Tournament was not a Satellite Tournament' 'coz that ain't what the ad says! I'm thinking it could be because only 5 players signed up but there was no mention anywhere of minimum numbers being required for each round as you'd expect in similar events. I'm not going to suggest this to them either in case I just put words in their mouths. If I get the chance tonight I'll get on to live support. Failing that, I'll send them another e-mail. If there's still no success then it's on to Inside Edge. :( PS It's worth noting that if you haven't looked at this months edition then you're missing out on some scarily accurate bets! The £1.99 I paid last week has been well recovered! :dude

Re: That was interesting...

PS It's worth noting that if you haven't looked at this months edition then you're missing out on some scarily accurate bets! The £1.99 I paid last week has been well recovered! :dude
Just stay away from their Roulette advice - or you'll blow the lot!!!!! Been having a look at your comp - and there seems no doubt...... "The Top Ten players every week will go through to the grand final which will be on Tuesday 11th October at 8pm. Don't let them fob you off .... as you've said - the promotion has probably totally flopped and they'fe trying to weasel out of it ....... but you've got it in black and white.....

Re: That was interesting... Progress?

Dear Brian, Thank you for contacting us. I have looked into this situation further for you, I can see that this was advertised as a satellite event and you did indeed participate. Please be advised that I have sent a request to our promotions department to further clarify your issue. I will be sending you an email shortly informing you of the results. I thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. If you require further assistance in this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us - we are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Kind regards, Xavier Senior Member Support Representative Pacific Poker [email protected]

Re: That was interesting... :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow

Dear Brian,Thank you for contacting us. I have consulted with our promotions department and I have received confirmation that you have indeed qualified for the final event. Please feel free to use the $6 you won to play any other games in the meantime. I trust this is to your satisfaction. If you require further assistance in this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us - we are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Kind regards, Xavier Senior Representative Pacific Poker [email protected]
Yee Hah! Problem I've got now is that if I do scoop the trip to Las Vegas then the wife will call me a skin flint for not forking out for our 10th wedding anniversary! :lol

Re: That was interesting... Don't forget this one tonight! I notice that the tournament details have been changed to show the trip to Vegas for the winner. It's early doors but there's a whopping great 1 player registered so far... me! Hoping to top up my bank balance!! :dude

Re: That was interesting... You need to register 24 hours in advance .... I was waiting for a new hard drive to arrive (which I figure will help me look like a "new" customer) - so missed it........ hopefully I'll be in next week though ........(it is still running next week isn't it? lol)

Re: That was interesting... I am... you can play the qualifier as many times as you like but, obviously, can only qualify for the final once. There's cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and I was hoping to add to last weeks $6 but...! :eek I recognised 2 of the other 4 from last weeks effort. No doubt I'll come up against them in the final in 3 weeks time so I better pull my socks up!! :loon