Week 29 Table & Week 30 Chat

fantasy.jpg

The Punters Lounge Fantasy Football League still has @Gazza's United leading the way but the chasing pack on the prowl. It was an obscenely high-scoring week with a lot of teams playing double games. Unsurprisingly, this saw a lot of managers resort to using their triple captain or bench boost. The highest team score for the week in the entire world was Mohamed Beddai whose cR7 side notched up a dizzy 173 points in total.

Teams in our league weren't too far off that height though with Jon Bramall's FC Bucket Hat winning the Manager of the Week award by picking up a mesmerising 161 points thanks to his use of the bench boost. As a good friend of mine, I'm delighted for Jon but there I was thinking my 99 points haul was decent. Silly me!

In a high-scoring week, there's still the name of shame that needs to be addressed. We've had some stinking scores lately and I'm pleased to say that we're not sinking to the depths we have of previous weeks. In fact, the lowest score of the week goes to Ivan Milosevic's FK Metalac GM who could only tally up 30 points this week. An injured Philippe Coutinho and reliance on Liverpool players in the defensive positions didn't help his cause!

The deadline for the next round of the competition is 11am BST on Saturday 8th April, 2023.

• 2 weeks later...