How unlucky am I here?

mikkav

:o PokerStars Game #2557504093: Tournament #12343709, Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2005/09/12 - 06:35:50 (ET) Table '12343709 7' Seat #6 is the button Seat 1: tooobusy (1425 in chips) Seat 2: sonny bill (4670 in chips) Seat 3: zumo (1155 in chips) Seat 4: Devil42 (1195 in chips) Seat 5: Icky B (980 in chips) Seat 6: georgyguns (2600 in chips) Seat 7: apo7 (6485 in chips) Seat 8: TedtBug (920 in chips) Seat 9: mikkav (5028 in chips) apo7: posts small blind 25 TedtBug: posts big blind 50 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to mikkav [Qd Qs] mikkav: raises 150 to 200 tooobusy: folds sonny bill: folds zumo: folds Devil42: calls 200 Icky B: raises 780 to 980 and is all-in georgyguns: folds apo7: folds TedtBug: calls 870 and is all-in mikkav: raises 4048 to 5028 and is all-in Devil42: calls 995 and is all-in *** FLOP *** [6d Jh Ac] TedtBug said, "eww" Devil42 said, "lol" *** TURN *** [6d Jh Ac] [4s] *** RIVER *** [6d Jh Ac 4s] [8c] *** SHOW DOWN *** mikkav: shows [Qd Qs] (a pair of Queens) Devil42: shows [Ad Kh] (a pair of Aces) Devil42 collected 430 from side pot-2 Icky B: shows [Ks As] (a pair of Aces) Devil42 said, "still an ace in the flop" Devil42 collected 90 from side pot-1 Icky B collected 90 from side pot-1 TedtBug: shows [Kc Ah] (a pair of Aces) TedtBug collected 1235 from main pot Devil42 collected 1235 from main pot Icky B collected 1235 from main pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 4315 Main pot 3705. Side pot-1 180. Side pot-2 430. | Rake 0 Board [6d Jh Ac 4s 8c] Seat 1: tooobusy folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: sonny bill folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: zumo folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: Devil42 showed [Ad Kh] and won (1755) with a pair of Aces Seat 5: Icky B showed [Ks As] and won (1325) with a pair of Aces Seat 6: georgyguns (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: apo7 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 8: TedtBug (big blind) showed [Kc Ah] and won (1235) with a pair of Aces Seat 9: mikkav showed [Qd Qs] and lost with a pair of Queens:o :o :o :o :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

Re: How unlucky am I here? Hmm...I just chucked the cards into a calculator and was surprised that you were such a hot favourite - against 3 opponents I expected you to have less than a 50% chance. I suppose what helped your odds was that there was only one ace and one king left in the pack - against one opponent - AK v QQ would be a coin flip, with you as marginal favourite, however in this case, against 3 opponents, you were a hot favourite. QsQd - 71.8% AdKh - 7.1% AsKs - 12.6% AhKc - 8.4% As frisky says though - you were hot favourite, but it is normal for you to lose this 3 times out of 10 ...... so you're right to be gutted, but shouldn't be too surprised......

Re: How unlucky am I here? 6 months ago I woulda been mighty pissed off at this but I've learned that bad beats come and go .Back then I probably woulda gone on tilt but this time I was happy with the way I calmed down.I hit post and fold,went had a cuppa,read the paper and went back to the game after about 15 mins.I was knocked out later but no worries.I'm definately going to stick to stts and mtts if that was a cash game I would have chucked the pc out the window and then driven over it.:ok

Re: How unlucky am I here? Mikkav. IMO you dis the right thing for a MTT. You raised all in to try and get heads up against a lower chips player. OK you got another caller but luckily he was low in chips aswell. I would have assumed that the initial raiser and maybe the second caller would have had KK or AA therefore you would have been behind anyway. Again though in a MTT with the chips you had I would defo called and raised like you did. In a cash game it would have been different. I would have been tempted to fold after the initial raise. Too many time I have lost with QQ and KK against AA. A good player will not mind folding QQ now and again.

Re: How unlucky am I here?

I suppose what helped your odds was that there was only one ace and one king left in the pack - against one opponent - AK v QQ would be a coin flip, with you as marginal favourite, however in this case, against 3 opponents, you were a hot favourite. QsQd - 71.8% AdKh - 7.1% AsKs - 12.6% AhKc - 8.4%
Yes his better chance is because only 1 ace and king is left.. But also that 2 of his straight cards is gone, with your hand.. So that also help a lot.. (well it does not make much different. Just tried it. 99 is 69,9% favorite against the 3X AK

Re: How unlucky am I here? I used this one to get the odds on this - http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_odds/texas_holdem/index.php There are quite a few out there though like this. You also have software such as calculatem, which can give you live odds during the game........and you are allowed to use this (it only uses the information that is available to you anyway......). In the Tech section you will see some links to cracked software that can do this (such as Poker Pro 3)

• 3 weeks later...