Betfred $5000 added compensation tournament

GaF

Received the following email from Betfred. It says it's invitational, but doesn't mention how - if it's a password, I'll post it here....... As an apology for the disruption to our service over the last week in particular, Fred is hosting a special Timeout Invitational Tournament on Saturday 3rd September at 6.30pm BST (1.30pm EST/server time). For an entry of only $5+$0.50, you can get your chance at the regular prize fund plus the $5,000 Fred has added to the pool. We hope that this, in a small way, makes up for the poorer than expected performance of our poker product in recent weeks, and assure you we are doing everything possible to ensure this does not happen in future. Registration opens 3 hours before start time, so don't be late, this is sure to be a sell-out with only 1000 places available!

Re: Betfred $5000 added compensation tournament Yeah, I've just had the same e-mail as well. Sounds pretty good value actually. Sometimes "$xxxx added" compared to "$xxxx guaranteed" sounds a bit more appealing. I would probably have had a go on this but I'll be :beer then:nana then probably:puke . :ok

Re: Betfred $5000 added compensation tournament

Shit' date=' I need to win $5.50 in a freeroll by Saturday:rollin[/quote'] :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Good luck - let us know how it's going.......

They haven't sent me the email .... guess I don't spend enuff ... if it is as simple as just a registration password then any info gratefully received .... :-)
Neither do I - The £50 in my account is all freeroll winnings - I've played a couple of small tourneys with this, but nothing much......

Re: Betfred $5000 added compensation tournament Hi Stereoman, If the normal MTTs you play include the $5 to £10 range (which a lot of us do) then its a worthwhile punt ... you are getting equivalent of a $10 tournament entry for the price of a $5 one. Top prize should be somewhere around $2500 assuming 1000 entries. If you generally play tournaments that are above $10 or if its a rebuy/add-on tournement then the $5 add-on per person becomes less significant. :beer

Re: Betfred $5000 added compensation tournament I had the same e-mail. I donot think that after all of the technical problems that this is much of a 'sorry'. Especially for those that were forced 'sitout' or even thrown out of Betfred during the Qualifiers for the Manchester or Telegraph Finals. What about the players that had been playing for a couple of hours and in a good position to qualify and then thrown out of the game? I don't think that a 'buy in' competition with extra prize fund says sorry to the many Freeroll players especially when Betfred expects these players to go on and start depositing and playing the buy in tournies.angry.gif Sorry to put a downer on this but..............

I donot think that after all of the technical problems that this is much of a 'sorry'. Especially for those that were forced 'sitout' or even thrown out of Betfred during the Qualifiers for the Manchester or Telegraph Finals. What about the players that had been playing for a couple of hours and in a good position to qualify and then thrown out of the game? I don't think that a 'buy in' competition with extra prize fund says sorry to the many Freeroll players especially when Betfred expects these players to go on and start depositing and playing the buy in tournies.angry.gif
I agree with you Lady ,probably because I cannot make it on Saturday and the time "wasted" in the telegraph and manchester freeroll. I did send an e-mail to betfred at the time. I must admit that I play quite a bit of betfred freeroll for fun and I did not lose any money. I have learnt a lot from these freerolls without any loss of cash so keep them coming fred :ok I'll enter tonight as usual. Good luck to all those who qualified:clap

Re: Betfred $5000 added compensation tournament Hmmm. I swear it said a maximum of 500 not 1000 in my e-mail. Seems a minimum of a $10,000 prize pool then. I'm guessing 160 get paid. I gotta step my game up 1000% before I even contemplate putting up the piffling $5.50 (i have a feeling I'm gonna get 'colddecked' out of the tournament if I were to enter).

cant get a deposit in.......... sad2.gifsad2.gif Fcuking I.D verification crap......... Wont be making any deposits soon but have full intention of playing every bloody freeroll and free tourney that i can just to try to get something from the bastards laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif
I'd welcome the competition, but whenever I've seen you (today and last night on STAFFYs table) you were on 'sitout'. :D