Value Poker Tournaments

GaF

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Value Poker Tournaments The B365 one for $10 is a rebuy one with a chance also to add chips at some point - what tends to happen is that you get 700 or so entering, so it looks like a good deal, but the rebuys and addons mean that the total take is more than $20000 ... so not a true value one IMHO (unless of course you splash in the $10 and never do rebuy and still win ).

Re: Value Poker Tournaments Hmmmm......turns out this is a rebuy - 202 buy-ins so far (and counting) - so not the value I thought it was.... It doesn't say anywhere on the entry page that it's rebuy - how are you supposed to know it's a rebuy on Betfred? I'm a bit peeved with that.....

Re: Value Poker Tournaments When you register for the tourney it tells you then whether theres add ons and buyins. Mind you I could swear there was one I was interested in that didn't say add-ons and buy ins and then changed it half an hour before the off - maybe its BetFreds way of making sure they never lose - if a tourney looks like it doesn't have enough to make the guarantee then convert it into an addon/rebuy at some point...... if they do that then it seems a bit off to me.

Re: Value Poker Tournaments

When you register for the tourney it tells you then whether theres add ons and buyins. Mind you I could swear there was one I was interested in that didn't say add-ons and buy ins and then changed it half an hour before the off - maybe its BetFreds way of making sure they never lose - if a tourney looks like it doesn't have enough to make the guarantee then convert it into an addon/rebuy at some point...... if they do that then it seems a bit off to me.
Definitely - that would be totally outrageous - I can't imagine they would do that. I have found a way of identifying it in advance(though I think it's a bit hidden - in my opinion, it's pretty significant to the tourney and should be in the title). If you "Go to tournament", then click on "details", it does tell you the rebuy and add on info, to the right of the level info.....

The B365 one for $10 is a rebuy one with a chance also to add chips at some point - what tends to happen is that you get 700 or so entering' date=' so it looks like a good deal, but the rebuys and addons mean that the total take is more than $20000 ... so not a true value one IMHO (unless of course you splash in the $10 and never do rebuy and still win ).[/quote'] I replyed earlier (post vanished we know why), thers good value at PartyPoker in $5 R+A. Usually is around 1000 players and it reaches around 20k (or more), after rebuys and adds on. And Im playing it now. It reached 18k with 954 starters.

I replyed earlier (post vanished we know why), thers good value at PartyPoker in $5 R+A. Usually is around 1000 players and it reaches around 20k (or more), after rebuys and adds on. And Im playing it now. It reached 18k with 954 starters.
Yeah. I've played that a couple of times and it seems very good value. Trouble is I'm a cheapskate and I never rebuy or add on. A lot of people seem to plough a load of money into it. I saw this guy get busted out 5 times (twice by me) and he kept coming back (eventually we were moved tables). The prize pool touched nearly 24K (ususally 90 / 100 places paid). One day I'll give this a proper shot:hope

73 entered. 10 mins to go.
Good luck mate. I actually typed a reply to your original post a few days go about cash games and sporting odds etc (you said something about how you play 3000 raked hands a month to get the $100 bonus etc)' date=' but when I clicked on submit reply i got an error message, and an hour or so later when punterslounge was working properly again the last few posts on this thread were gone [img']http://punterslounge.com/forum/images/smilies/ohwell.gif I still haven't played any cash games yet on sporting odds (just $5 short-handed STTs at the moment), but will hopefully start soon, as 200 raked hands in 14 days shouldn't be too hard. Just remember, don't play 72 suited wink2.gifroll.gif Good luck bigokay.gif

Re: Value Poker Tournaments Just received an email from Golden Palace with a schedule for September looks like they're having a freeroll bonanza! For the duration of September - 15 $50 freerolls a day clap.gifand a $250 freeroll every midnight banana.gif. Here's the email:

We've added a lot of excitement to our September line-up. Come and join us and the many thousands of poker enthusiasts playing daily in the Fastest Growing Online Poker Community. Have a sneak peak at some of the specials we are adding this month:
1. $3000 First Purchase Freerolls
When you make your first deposit between August 29 and September 25, you will be automatically registered in one of four $3,000.00 First Purchase free roll tournaments. Keep an eye on your inbox. Your registration confirmation will arrive within 48 hours of your first deposit. See
contest page
for details.
2. Win a Fabulous Custom made Poker Table
Every Wednesday evening during September at 9:00pm Eastern (Thursday Mornings 01:00 GMT) we are awarding a Custom Made Poker Table from the craftsmen at Rye Park Customs to the first place winner of our Special Poker Table Tournament. The circular table features built-in lighting, Italian leather bumpers and a Mali felt surface. The "cherry on top" is the cherry wood finished dining table top that allows this fine piece of furniture to remain in your dining area between games. (retail value $7000.00 U.S.) See
contest page
for details.
3. Daily $250 Midnight Freeroll
There will be a $250 freeroll at Midnight Eastern (04:00 GMT) every night in September. See
contest page
for details.
4. $50 Freeroll Madness
Be ready for 15 SPECIAL $50 free rolls every single day in September. Starting HOURLY from 1:00am Eastern (05:00 GMT) and continuing until 3:00pm Eastern (19:00 GMT) we will offer a SPECIAL $50.00 freeroll. What's SPECIAL? - Check the entry fee - only 20 Action Points. This is a terrific way to fatten your bank roll while having fun playing your favorite game. See
contest page
for details.
5. $5,000 First Time MyCitadel Freeroll
Deposit funds using MyCitadel for the first time during September and be automatically registered in a $5,000 free roll Tournament to be held 9:00pm Eastern on Monday, October 3rd. See
contest page
for details. Our safe and secure, managed poker room allows you to focus on what's important - the game. If you ever have questions or need assistance, contact us; we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at:
www.GoldenPalacePoker.com
September is going to be an exciting month. Watch your mail for the latest in poker news. Happy Poker Playing, Poker Hosts Golden Palace Poker
www.GoldenPalacePoker.com

Lots of practice for me then! roll.gif

Re: Value Poker Tournaments Thanks for that Pocket Lady :clap :clap Just a word of warning - the $250 and $50 freerolls do require "action points" (i.e. what you earn for playing in cash games) :sad The "deposit" freerolls might be good, if you're planning on depositing anything.....

Re: Value Poker Tournaments Unfortunately the time of the "First purchase" freeroll isn't very good for mecry.gifcry.gifcry.gif Dear laidback2 Great News, you have been registered in the $3,000.00 First Purchase Freeroll Weekly tournament scheduled to occur at 9:00 pm Eastern Time on Tuesday September 6th, 2005. The tournament follows Texas Hold'em No Limit rules with 12 minute Level Ups. This is our way of thanking you for playing at Golden Palace Poker. Due to the limited number of seats in these tournaments, we cannot offer substitutions into other tournament dates. September is filled with great promotions; keep watching your mail for the latest news. You have a chance to win your very own Custom Professional Poker Table every Wednesday during September (9 pm Eastern). See :ol('http://www.ProcessRequest.com/apps/redir.asp?link=XcbghicdCJ,ZdgaigcgghEE&oid=UeacgBC&iclitemid=YcdghjjcfED&tid=WiafajjDB')'>http://www.ProcessRequest.com/apps/redir.asp?link=XcbghicdCJ,ZdgaigcgghEE&oid=UeacgBC&iclitemid=YcdghjjcfED&tid=WiafajjDB for details on this and other exciting opportunities. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at :ol('http://www.ProcessRequest.com/apps/redir.asp?link=XcbghhihDI,ZdgaigcgghEE&oid=UeacgBC&iclitemid=YcdghjjcfED&tid=WiafajjDB')'>http://www.ProcessRequest.com/apps/redir.asp?link=XcbghhihDI,ZdgaigcgghEE&oid=UeacgBC&iclitemid=YcdghjjcfED&tid=WiafajjDB Kind Regards, Poker Hosts Golden Palace Poker www.GoldenPalacePoker.com 9pm (EST) ohwell.gif whats times that? 2am? 3 am?(BST) wednesday morning ......... Hope it works out for some people, but not a lot of use to me frown2.gif