September MTT Tournament

GaF

Poker News (http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=254029) has been updated with the August result and an invite for considerations for the September tournament. It will almost certainly be held at Golden Palace Poker - I want to continue with the theme of supporting those rooms giving us freerolls - in the hope of helping Paul to get some more. The circumstance under which it won't be held there is if a good tournament is identified in the next couple of days elsewhere (along the lines of the Bet365 $30K freeroll). In this event we will postpone Golden Palace until October. So, if you see anything suitable, let me know please. So which days will it be played on? well the idea is to rotate the days to give everyone a chance - so the main prefernce from me is not a Thurday Night again. Other than that, I invite requests - especially if you played at least one game in the August tournament, but were unable to make them all...... As well, the day may be decided by the type of tournament we go for. The tournaments need to be low stake (or freeroll) MTT's. I don't want to put anyone in a position where they don't want to play because of the cost. Big prizes are also good (like the Bet365 $30k freeroll) to attract interest from those players here who play for bigger stakes on a regular basis...... So what do you think? I'll consider what's said and make an "executive decision" in a couple of days. No guarantees to be able (or indeed try) to please everyone - if you can't play in September with what is decided - I'm sorry, however the October tournament will only be 5 weeks later......

Re: September MTT Tournament Ok - no suggestions yet - so I'll make the first one and get the ball rolling...... Monday Nights Golden Palace Poker 18:30 GMT/19:30 BST/20:30 CET $8 No Limit - $600 Guaranteed - 12 min rounds

Re: September MTT Tournament

I usually eat dinner at 7:30ish (GMT) so a game starting at 6:30pm isn't ideal for me. So i'd prefer a game starting at 8pm or 8:30pm or something. Monday nights should be fine' date=' although I could probably play any night except friday and saturday :ok[/quote'] Cheers mate. I presume you meant you eat at 7:30 BST? The reason I chose an earlier one this time over last time was in consideration of those either on mainland europe (1 hour later for them) and/or with an early start for work the next day. I'll give it a day or two to see what others have to say......

Re: September MTT Tournament Do we still have the problem of having to close Blue sq to use Golden Palace ? If so then I'm afraid that I'll have to be counted out. I have ac's with Blue sq, Paddy Powers and Victor Chandler all on the same software and once contacting their managers, had no probs having multiple ac's just using different usernames.... Can't see why Golden Palace are insisting on closing ac's and I for one will certainly not close Paddy Powers or Blue Sq because of 2 freerolls. Bigger Fish to Fry so to speak!!!

Re: September MTT Tournament Frisky - from Rednut's post, it sounds like you can keep your other accounts if you tell the "manager" that you have uninstalled other software. (even where you haven't!!) It's not a Golden Palace decision - it's the "choice" of Tribeca, the network they use - and would apply now equally I presume if you had a Blue Square account and wanted to open a Paddy Power account - I don't know how you've got both, but imagine you either set them up on different machines originally, or at a time when they had a different policy/less stringent checking. I also presume (and this is just a guess), that when you talk with a "manager", whether it be with Golden Palace, Blue Square, VC or Paddy Power, you are actually talking to a representative of Tribeca, not a representative of the brand that you are using. It is lunacy that they won't let you legitematly use multiple brands within the tribeca network - do they really believe people install just one piece of poker software and stick with that? However, that is their policy and that is the way it is. We can try to find ways round it (as you've seen posted), but there's nothing more that can be done.....

Re: September MTT Tournament GaF, I think whoever takes it on to organise these events will have to take the lead. I've a similar problem for my sunday F.C. when trying to arrange social events. People will be reluctant to say 'I want...', but as you have seen with frisky and GPWC people are happier to let it be known what isn't convenient. It is not because (I think) they want to poo-poo or undermine, but as a rule people are not demanding in a friendly situation. I think if you look at the reaction to this thread and the GoldenPalace tournament thread you may get my point of view. I understand there may be issues regarding who Paul can get to host these tourneys, but perhaps the people who miss out could be accommodated more next time.

Re: September MTT Tournament Valiant - Spot on - that is exactly my point of view. These tournaments come around frequently and if people can't make one, then the next one will be along in a month - so as you say, I'm not that bothered about trying to accomodate everyone, and I will make a final decision, however, if I can accomodate people who express an opinion, then I will. The intention is to rotate times, venues and days to give everyone the maximum chance of making it sometimes if they wish. As an example - the last tournament was at 8pm BST, hence the proposed earlier start this time. GPWC is the only person so far who has expressed a view on starting time - if he remains the only one, then I'll probably try and accomodate him - if however others express a view supporting the earlier time and opinions for example come out around 50%/50%, then I will leave it where it is (because we had an 8pm start last time). So I won't lose sleep about trying to accomodate people, but if I can, then I will.....

Re: September MTT Tournament With regards to "getting these tourneys hosted" - it's our choice - we can go where we like. These are standard Multi Table Tournaments (MTT's) and not PL exclusive. The general principal I'm using is to try and go to those places that have given us freerolls and it MAY be something Paul can use to help him when negotiating future freerolls, however, again, my hands aren't tied with this - we can go where we like (but it would need a very attractive reason for me to move away from someone who has given us a freeroll that we haven't yet supported....)

Friday nights or Sunday nights would be my choice... ended up playing the last tourney with a kid sitting on each lap patiently waiting for their mother to come home!!
I'm afraid neither are possible in September - Sunday 4th is the Golden Palace Freeroll and there is a league game on a Friday - I don't want to clash with either of these. Remind me of this preference when we're working out when to play October and we'll see what can be done......

Re: September MTT Tournament any idea how long the registration is open beforehand for these monday night games? i do a family thing from 6 to 7:30 on a monday so would have to register early and miss the fisrt few hands. on balance iwould prefer a slightly later game, but mondays are okay

I'm afraid neither are possible in September - Sunday 4th is the Golden Palace Freeroll and there is a league game on a Friday - I don't want to clash with either of these. Remind me of this preference when we're working out when to play October and we'll see what can be done......
no worries GAF... I've got a million and one other things I've got to consider so I'll just have to see what I can do to fit in round everyone else.

Re: September MTT Tournament Hi guys. I've just read the last few posts and wanted to say that although I probably couldn't play if the tourney started at 6:30ish (GMT), I wouldn't want it to be changed to another time if the general feeling was that 6ish was ok. My post earlier wasn't meant as a demand to change the time to accomodate me or anything like that, and if playing a tourney at 6ish was fine for everyone else then i think that's when it should be. The tourneys last month were at a good time for me, but they may have been at a bad time for others, and I think maybe people who couldn't play the 8pm games last month should have more of a say in when this months are held. I just mentioned my preference in case we had a situation where nobody was particularly bothered either way, in which case we could have the tourneys at the same time as last month. Alternatively, would it not be possible to play games at different times/days each week? Betfair have £2 tourneys every half hour or something, and i'm guessing there must be fairly regular cheap tourneys on other sites as well, so do we necessarily need to play at the same time each week? We could do for example a game on a saturday or sunday afternoon, a game 6pm one night, a game 8pm one night and a game 10pm another night could we not? If there isn't a time that most people can make then that seems like a reasonable solution to me, although if we can find a time that most people are ok with then maybe it's easier to play on a fixed day/time. :ok

Re: September MTT Tournament I havent checked sites out yet for mtt.. But personnaly i would like 8pm CET as the latest starting time.. The other times i have not been concentrated towards the end, because it was over 11pm, and has to get up at 6am.. and 11hours working day.. So 1 hour earlier would be nice... Buy in: anything between 1-10$ (and would be great with guaranteed prize pool, and maximum 300-600players like the last one) Any day on week is actually okay with me.. But Wednesday, friday, sunday is the best..

Re: September MTT Tournament Ok - having considered the views here, I have decided that this will remain an earlier event. Apologies to those of you that this doesn't suit, however my intention is that October will be a later event....... So, as you know, this will be held at Golden Palace, every Monday in September (4 dates) and I have decided on the $6 Speed $300 Guaranteed Tournament which takes place at 17:25 GMT, 18:25 BST, 19:25 CET. Put the dates in your diaries!! If you think you'll be in this, please post your Golden Palace username in this thread (and I will start collating names).

As defending champion form last month I feel itsd compulsory for me to partcipate ( CROW CROW !!!) should be ok for these dates philossify on GPP
lol...... Of course noone has EVER managed to successfully defend their crown, so you are an outsider......

Ok - having considered the views here, I have decided that this will remain an earlier event. Apologies to those of you that this doesn't suit, however my intention is that October will be a later event....... So, as you know, this will be held at Golden Palace, every Monday in September (4 dates) and I have decided on the $6 Speed $300 Guaranteed Tournament which takes place at 17:25 GMT, 18:25 BST, 19:25 CET. Put the dates in your diaries!! If you think you'll be in this, please post your Golden Palace username in this thread (and I will start collating names).
:@THIS AN OUTRAGE!!! :@ I'm sure you're doing this to price me out because of the competition. You expect me to pay money? How on earth do you expect me to turn 6c into $6? I could use friskys' system (10-10,000), but in 2 days? I bet you've done this because you think I'm too tight to use my own money. Well, you're right-almost.:D I'm in IF I can deposit into neteller in time. Good work mate.:ok

:@THIS AN OUTRAGE!!! :@ I'm sure you're doing this to price me out because of the competition. You expect me to pay money? How on earth do you expect me to turn 6c into $6? I could use friskys' system (10-10,000), but in 2 days? I bet you've done this because you think I'm too tight to use my own money. Well, you're right-almost.:D I'm in IF I can deposit into neteller in time. Good work mate.:ok
Well, at 2 cents a tourney, you need to make the money another 327 times.....by monday - good luck :lol then do the same for next week :lol

Re: September MTT Tournament this coming Monday should be OK for me as it's a local holiday. I think I'll be screwed for the rest of the month due to family/work/study commitments... c'est la vie... however, as Arnie would say 'I'll be back!'

Well I've registered for this tourney...... noticed it shows me with 0 chips .... seem this feature on several other tournies at GPP - you still have (I think) same number of chips as everyone else when the game starts .....
You're showing with 2000 chips now....... I'm in as well. If anyone signs up from any of the other skins, please let us know here, so that we can see where you can get in from :ok