** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Europa Conference League Predictions > Aug 19th

Paços de Ferreira vs Tottenham

Thursday 19/08/2021, 19:30 PT

Paços de Ferreira:

This Monday, Paços ended up somewhat surprisingly being defeated by Boavista 3-0. They had more possession, more attempts to score but many of them without much danger. This team even plays well, but in this match, they made many mistakes in offensive transitions, with many wrong passes, in their midfield that mainly in the second half led to several dangerous counterattacks for their goal and resulted in an opponent's goals. I see Paços somewhat tired despite the start of the season, but the accumulation of games, Championship, and confederations league, is something that this team is not used to, and seeing well, their squad does not have as much quality to manage both competitions. They played today Monday and come back to play this Thursday 3 days later, I don´t see many fresh legs there...

Tottenham:

What can I say about Tottenham with their magnificent display this last Sunday against City. They did very well defensively, and offensively those attacks were always very poisonous and dangerous even without Harry Kane. That attacking trio with Lucas, Son and Bergwijn did very well, their squad has the quality and we can´t compare the two teams, even if they decided to play with some reserves players were. I think they are motivated and guided in my opinion by a good Portuguese Manager Nuno Espirito Santo who knows Portuguese football perfectly and the teams in Portugal.

Conclusion:

Well after seeing the start of the season of these two teams, I predict that Paços will have a hard time against this Tottenham. Especially after this last game of the Portuguese team, if they commit only a few of the mistakes they made, Tottenham will almost certainly penalize them and more than once. For the Pacense team to take something out of this game they have to make a perfect game without mistakes, but with the level of intensity that English teams normally put into the game, I don't believe that will happen. On top of that, the home team is not used to being a defensive team with a low block, and against the English they will have to do it, playing defensively at the moment is not in Paços de Ferreira's DNA. Tottenham has much more quality and with players well above the average, I think they have everything to win here, it remains to be seen what will be the team's motivation for this match.

Pick: Tottenham (-0.75) @ Odd 1.83 Bet365